What's new

Olympics terrorism email threats originate from Israel

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Terrorist threat to Olympics called hoax, still adds to Sochi tension - latimes.com

U.S. and European national teams headed to the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, have received emailed threats of terrorist strikes on their athletes and supporters if they participate in the high-profile event that is Russian President Vladimir Putin's pet project, news agencies reported Wednesday.

Although the messages received by the national Olympics offices continued to sharpen concern about security at the Games next month, the International Olympic Committee said the anonymous warnings lacked credibility.

"I am very pleased to inform everyone that both the IOC and the Sochi organizing committee ... declared after the analysis of the letter that this threat is not real," Zsigmond Nagy of the Hungarian Olympic Committee was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency.

U.S. Olympic Committee Chief Executive Scott Blackmun confirmed that the American team had also received a warning not to go to Sochi, which he said was relayed to security officials.

"We have received the email in question and we have forwarded the message to the appropriate authorities," Blackmun told Reuters. "The safety and security of Team USA is our top priority."

IOC officials told reporters at the organization's Swiss headquarters that the emails had been sent from a location outside Russia by a person who previously has made empty threats.

"It's a fake mail from a sender in Israel, who has been active with various threats for a few years,” Wolfgang Eichler, spokesman for the Austrian Olympic team, told his country's APA news agency.

Britain, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Slovakia also reported receiving threatening emails, the Associated Press reported.

What in the world is this loon doing and why is he getting away with it for years now? Had this been an arab it would have been highly publicized and serious action would have been taken over it, since it's an Israeli Jew they brush it off as a hoax.

@al-Hasani @Arabian Legend @haman10

Terrorist threat to Olympics called hoax, still adds to Sochi tension - latimes.com

U.S. and European national teams headed to the Winter Olympic Games in Sochi, Russia, have received emailed threats of terrorist strikes on their athletes and supporters if they participate in the high-profile event that is Russian President Vladimir Putin's pet project, news agencies reported Wednesday.

Although the messages received by the national Olympics offices continued to sharpen concern about security at the Games next month, the International Olympic Committee said the anonymous warnings lacked credibility.

"I am very pleased to inform everyone that both the IOC and the Sochi organizing committee ... declared after the analysis of the letter that this threat is not real," Zsigmond Nagy of the Hungarian Olympic Committee was quoted as saying by the Reuters news agency.

U.S. Olympic Committee Chief Executive Scott Blackmun confirmed that the American team had also received a warning not to go to Sochi, which he said was relayed to security officials.

"We have received the email in question and we have forwarded the message to the appropriate authorities," Blackmun told Reuters. "The safety and security of Team USA is our top priority."

IOC officials told reporters at the organization's Swiss headquarters that the emails had been sent from a location outside Russia by a person who previously has made empty threats.

"It's a fake mail from a sender in Israel, who has been active with various threats for a few years,” Wolfgang Eichler, spokesman for the Austrian Olympic team, told his country's APA news agency.

Britain, Germany, Italy, Slovenia and Slovakia also reported receiving threatening emails, the Associated Press reported.

What in the world is this loon doing and why is he getting away with it for years now? Had this been an arab it would have been highly publicized and serious action would have been taken over it, since it's an Israeli Jew they brush it off as a hoax.

@al-Hasani @Arabian Legend @haman10
Are there only Jews living in Israel?

I'm not bigot I called you an extremist Muslim hater judging by your past posts.
Then you are a liar too. other than being a bigot. , i have 7k plus post show me one where i have shown hatred towards Islam or for that matter any religion . I challenge you to do so.

Then you are a liar too. other than being a bigot. , i have 7k plus post show me one where i have shown hatred towards Islam or for that matter any religion . I challenge you to do so.

LOL! If you think I don't remember you think again, you might not call it bigotry anyways, I'm wasting my time with a goofball.

And besides you limit who can view your profile. :lol:

LOL! If you think I don't remember you think again, you might not call it bigotry anyways, I'm wasting my time with a goofball.

So basically you just proved me right you are a liar and a bigot. I do not see even one post of my so called religious hatred:

So basically you just proved me right you are a liar and a bigot. I do not see even one post of my so called religious hatred:

Nope, I blocked from seeing your past posts. Try again goofball. :lol:

Nope, I blocked from seeing your past posts. Try again goofball. :lol:
No one has blocked you kid , if you cant prove something accept your wrong and admit it like a man.
PS: in case you are blocked from seeing my older post ask Oscar or Webby . they will help you kiddo.

I can see the old posts of @jbgt90 just fine.
He is just making excuses to cover up his own shame at being caught in a lie. .

Jesus! Had it been Pakistan, the response would have been totally different.
True, people tend to generalize !!! which is the cause of so much hatred in our world.

mate first learn to write descent English sentences and then perhaps we can discuss about the whole "Zionist" propaganda thing.......:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom