What's new

Old Bangla Photos

আকমাল চাচা আপনি কত % হিন্দু আর কত % মুসলমান সেই হিসেব টা একবার দেনতো দেহি!!

Dear Akmal, please do inform us of the percentage break-up of Hindu-ness and Muslim-ness in you.

@ Are bhai I got the article, I liked the article so I pest it. About myself I tried my best but you know in North Bnegal areas people are less educated. I some how managed to get the name of my great great grand father through pathernal side. My grandfather was a "Imam" of a musque with only "minor pass". His skin was white. His name was Md Abdul Karim Munshi. I saw him during the "Milad Mahfil", he used to narrate in urdu without understanding the meaning of it. Since I read little bit of urdu I could understand what he is telling. It seems during the British times most of the "Wasmahfils" were narrated in urdu and farsi. In our locality I saw one school teacher who was through in Arabic, urdu, and farsi and could talk in all languages. From my maternal side they were more less educated and hence less Islamic minded. I saw my maternal grand grand father. His name was "Pania Sarkar" and they were called " Morol ". So, it seems my paternal side came from Persia and my maternal side was "Nomo Shudra" convertee. Now about the % I think 80% (muslim) and 20%(hindu). I remember, the day my wife came to our house after marraige my mother accepted her with " kashar thali " having "prodip" and rice on the plate. Lately I realised these are hindu traditions. Well in our localities most of the customs what now I realised are hindu culture and traditions but still we are following it. These will continue........!!!!!!!!!!

@ About the article to some extent the writer is correct. Definitely it has some impact on the family and activities and since Akbar was the great King so it had a great impact. In the true sense we never consider Akbar as a true muslim. His "Din-e-Iahi" was a complete bulshit.

@ Are bhai I got the article, I liked the article so I pest it. About myself I tried my best but you know in North Bnegal areas people are less educated. I some how managed to get the name of my great great grand father through pathernal side. My grandfather was a "Imam" of a musque with only "minor pass". His skin was white. His name was Md Abdul Karim Munshi. I saw him during the "Milad Mahfil", he used to narrate in urdu without understanding the meaning of it. Since I read little bit of urdu I could understand what he is telling. It seems during the British times most of the "Wasmahfils" were narrated in urdu and farsi. In our locality I saw one school teacher who was through in Arabic, urdu, and farsi and could talk in all languages. From my maternal side they were more less educated and hence less Islamic minded. I saw my maternal grand grand father. His name was "Pania Sarkar" and they were called " Morol ". So, it seems my paternal side came from Persia and my maternal side was "Nomo Shudra" convertee. Now about the % I think 80% (muslim) and 20%(hindu). I remember, the day my wife came to our house after marraige my mother accepted her with " kashar thali " having "prodip" and rice on the plate. Lately I realised these are hindu traditions. Well in our localities most of the customs what now I realised are hindu culture and traditions but still we are following it. These will continue........!!!!!!!!!!

@ About the article to some extent the writer is correct. Definitely it has some impact on the family and activities and since Akbar was the great King so it had a great impact. In the true sense we never consider Akbar as a true muslim. His "Din-e-Iahi" was a complete bulshit.

"Din-e-Iahi" was more of a moral code, rather than religious code

392159_291195357570487_280811465275543_955009_1887336681_n.jpg

Folk singer Abbasuddin Ahmed (L), Ustad Alauddin Khan (M) and Kazi Motahar Hossain (R) at Bardhaman House, Dhaka (1955)

390337_198787000201392_160501724029920_447369_683770803_n.jpg

I remember, the day my wife came to our house after marraige my mother accepted her with " kashar thali " having "prodip" and rice on the plate. Lately I realised these are hindu traditions. Well in our localities most of the customs what now I realised are hindu culture and traditions but still we are following it. These will continue......

I am shocked and disappointed. As seem your mother preserving her forefather culture. I mean she came from converted family as fer your info. This practice should be discard immediately. We do not do it, so why should you? Newly wedded wife should be welcome with some sweet. :angel:

Bangladesh Amar Bangladesh
Bangladesh Praner Bangladesh
Amar Shonar Bangladesh
Amar Praner Bangladesh
Bangladesh Amar Bangladesh.

Amra A Matir Shantan
Matir Vetore Taja Pran
Allah Talar Rahamat
Amar Preo Bangladesh

Amar Ase Sroter Nodi
Ase Aro Sunil Shagor
Ase Pahar Jhorna
Aro Ase Shoshsher Math

Amra Kokhono Hobo Na Beiman
Desh Preme Hobo Garian
Rokto Bindo o Debo
Shantite Thakbo

Bangladesh Amar Bangladesh
Bangladesh Praner Bangladesh
Amar Shonar Bangladesh
Amar Praner Bangladesh

Tell you what! I like this anthem over the current one. Current Bd anthem needs go because it doesn't represent us. Tagore was neither Bangladeshi nor Muslim. As a matter of fact he was very anti-Islamic. So it's only justify to remove current anthem and replace it with something that truly represent Bangladesh and it's people. I would like to emphasize that new anthem should be written from Islamic view point along with land scape of the nation. :)

Tell you what! I like this anthem over the current one. Current Bd anthem needs go because it doesn't represent us. Tagore was neither Bangladeshi nor Muslim. As a matter of fact he was very anti-Islamic. So it's only justify to remove current anthem and replace it with something that truly represent Bangladesh and it's people. I would like to emphasize that new anthem should be written from Islamic view point along with land scape of the nation. :)

@ The present national anthem was written during the partition of Bengal in 1906-1911 by Tagore. The song was written in order to inspire the Bengalee people to raise their voice against the British for the annullment of partition.

@ I saw one documentary movie from Calcutta TV, there I saw all the songs of Tagore which were played repeatedly during our liberation war. Infact during 1906-1911 period there was an cultural revolation throughout Bengal in each and every corner where all these songs of Tagore were played. There were lot of cultural group which spread all over and their only jop was to convince the local people against the partition of Bengal and finally "amar sonar bangla" was played. The movement had very little support from the majority muslim people of Bengal. Some of these cultural organisation still exist like "Udichi" with the same zeal !!!!!!

[/COLOR]
I am shocked and disappointed. As seem your mother preserving her forefather culture. I mean she came from converted family as fer your info. This practice should be discard immediately. We do not do it, so why should you? Newly wedded wife should be welcome with some sweet. :angel:

@ Al-zaker, you are from Sylhet and that is why most of your social cultures and traditions are muslim oriented. But you see in greater Dinajpur, Jessore, Barisal and Khulna people still follow still old cultures and traditions. During the "Wahabi" movement in the 19th century some of these old cultures and traditions were wiped out but again in the name of Bengalee culture these are now again practiced. All those Islamic "Alems", Islamic scholars, "Ulema-mashek" were systematically eliminated during and after liberation war. I know some inccidents of Noakhali where the Indian Army silently killed many Islamic Scholars in those days. Systematically and in a planned manner the Islamic scholars'backbone is broken down so that they never stand properly in a society.

@ Have you seen the Bengalee movie, " Noyun Moni " and "Golapi ekhon Traine" ??? Now, if you keenly observe the movie then what you see ??? Is it not malengering Islamic ideals ???????

314228_160816550665104_160501724029920_332273_4966295_n.jpg

Photograph of the tomb and mosque of Panch Pir, at Sonargaon near Dhaka in Bangladesh, from the Archaeological Survey of India Collections, taken by W. Brennand in 1872. The province of Dhaka was brought under Islamic rule in the 13th century, first by the Delhi Sultanate then by the independent sultans of Bengal, after which it was taken by the Mughals in 1608. Sonargaon was the capital of sultans of Bengal from the 13th century until 1608 when Islam Khan, the Mughal Governor, transferred the capital of the whole province to the nearby city of Dhaka, now the capital of Bangladesh. In the 18th century the city of Dhaka was eclipsed by Murshidabad under the Nawabs of Bengal and its population diminished. In 1858 all the territories held by the East India Company (including Dhaka) were brought under British rule. The mosque in this view is described in Alexander Cunningham, Report of a tour in Bengal and Bihar in 1879-80 (ASI vol XV, Calcutta, 1882), p. 139: 'These are five small brick tombs arranged in one line on a platform about 4 feet high. Nothing whatever is known about the holy men who are entombed in them. Along the edges of the platform there are some unfinished brick pillars, which look as if they had been intended for the support of a roof, or perhaps only a trellised railing. To the south-east there is a small neglected brick mosque, now fast hastening to ruin.' Although it is not certain who the Panch-Pirs (five Holy men) were, they were venerated in parts of Bengal particularly among poor or lower class village folk who sought asylum under their protection.

Back
Top Bottom