What's new

OFFICIAL VIDEO of ASAT test and R&D

u do realise that all countries that demonstrate the capability to shoot down vehicles in outer space will be the ultimate right to dig out outer space resources, right?

If you mean to say that they will destroy others mining space stuff, not really: earth orbit and outerspace, really far stuff.

If you mean they are more knowledged in space technology: nah, not necessarily, Europe is really ahead in the field yet they have not done an ASAT test (and likely wont).

Why it is so difficult!!! The Satellites orbits are well known. What degree they are stationed.
When I used stationary satellites, for ease of understanding, some clever Indian quickly jumped and thought I am talking of Geo Stationary satellites.
What I was referring to is the fact, all satellites at the time of lunch have their coordinates for their location in the space and its orbit. Otherwise we would have chaos in the space.

It is damn easy to hit a satellite with known orbital information. What is so hard in its calculation!!
How missile defense system work, don't they shot down incoming missiles, high in the atmosphere!!
It is more difficult than shooting down the satellite. For simple reason, the path i.e. orbit of the Satellite is very well known and you work on the calculation how to hit it.
While the path of incoming missiles is not known in advance, your anti missile system have to work instantaneously to work out its path, height , trajectory, speed etc. So many unknowns. While in Satellites case everything is known well in advance.

Therefore, it is piece of cake, for scientists.
orbital mechanics is not that easy you know it depends on lots of variables in it, low earth is the most difficult to predict even for dedicated scientists, and remember bro China/Russia/USA and now India have the capability to intercept low earth orbit for medium and geostationary orbit are still out of reach of USA/China/Russia/ and now India @crankthatskunk

Not irrelevant at all, I got offended by his D.P....We spared Abinondon's life and he put such kind of disrespecting D.P at Pakistani forum.
Don't and be neutral lets aside from trolling this thread is not for 27 FEB incident bro @Maarkhoor

Why it is so difficult!!! The Satellites orbits are well known. What degree they are stationed.
When I used stationary satellites, for ease of understanding, some clever Indian quickly jumped and thought I am talking of Geo Stationary satellites.
What I was referring to is the fact, all satellites at the time of lunch have their coordinates for their location in the space and its orbit. Otherwise we would have chaos in the space.
What difficult is the precision. A missile can have a CEP of few meters. An ASAT cannot, because if it misses by even one meter, the target is missed completely, because the ASAT is a KKV and satellites we hit have size in few meters.

Countries take decades to perfect the seeker technology. India has 90 of the 94 known missile technologies.

I don't need a lecture on how to launch satellites into orbit. I've been reading about our satellite launches since a decade.

It is damn easy to hit a satellite with known orbital information. What is so hard in its calculation!!
If it was easy to launch a satellite (or ASAT), then anyone could do it. Why only a few countries have the capability? Why only 6 countries including India have cryogenic engine? Yeah well, it must be damn easy right?:enjoy:

How missile defense system work, don't they shot down incoming missiles, high in the atmosphere!!
How many countries have a missile defense system?:)

It is more difficult than shooting down the satellite. For simple reason, the path i.e. orbit of the Satellite is very well known and you work on the calculation how to hit it.
It maybe difficult, compared to ASAT if missiles do evasive maneuvers. But what's your point? Don't tell me these lines like "it is damn easy":D

Well the only thing which is needed to kill any satellite is the precision of timing, nothing else.
The calculation of the speed of the satellite, its orbit, and where the missile to meet the satellite during its orbit.
All this calculation for the selection of the hit point and off you go.

I am sure Pakistan is capable of doing this very quickly. They have MIRV capabilities already.

Pakistan can't even launch satellites, they will launch a missile into orbit for kill?

It's very easier said than done. These are feats not so easy. Not as simple as "just calculate lol". Like really.

Dude, you are truly clueless. Always people jump to numbers and be like "its easy, just do some numbers," rest of the world only wishes it was as simple as that.

Pakistan can't even launch satellites, they will launch a missile into orbit for kill?

It's very easier said than done. These are feats not so easy. Not as simple as "just calculate lol". Like really.

Dude, you are truly clueless. Always people jump to numbers and be like "its easy, just do some numbers," rest of the world only wishes it was as simple as that.

When its boil down to it, that what is needed precise calculation of speed, orbit position, and speed of your projectile.
Capacity is a different issue, that is build with time and resources. Pakistan is legging behind because of resources.
We all know that. Launch of satellite is because of no launching pads available.
Pakistan does have missile launching capabilities though, that's all it needs for this particular exercise. Does it not!!! How far is 300 miles within Earth orbit!! Missiles not capable of travelling thousands of miles and hitting their targets on earth!!!

if it is that easy why superpowers of the world made it perfect recently, they are experimenting ASAT weapons since 60s/70s tell me that @crankthatskunk

Technology takes time to develop, we all know that. I am trying to be as simple as possible using plain English rather than technical mumbo jumbo. I know the technological part, did I argued anywhere about capabilities of Pakistan at the moment. I said it could easily work on it, provided they have funds.
As for the basic of shooting down a satellite it is far easier as a target than a moving missile intercept. Once again I am not discussing technologies involved but a simple concept of hit.

Technology takes time to develop, we all know that. I am trying to be as simple as possible using plain English rather than technical mumbo jumbo. I know the technological part, did I argued anywhere about capabilities of Pakistan at the moment. I said it could easily work on it, provided they have funds.
As for the basic of shooting down a satellite it is far easier as a target than a moving missile intercept. Once again I am not discussing technologies involved but a simple concept of hit.
There are lots of variable to target the Satellite accurately one think is decaying rate of satellite from space, its not easy job even for superpowers let alone for Pakistan @crankthatskunk

When its boil down to it, that what is needed precise calculation of speed, orbit position, and speed of your projectile.
Capacity is a different issue, that is build with time and resources. Pakistan is legging behind because of resources.
We all know that. Launch of satellite is because of no launching pads available.
Pakistan does have missile launching capabilities though, that's all it needs for this particular exercise. Does it not!!! How far is 300 miles within Earth orbit!! Missiles not capable of travelling thousands of miles and hitting their targets on earth!!!

Nhi, aap sai request hai kai aap mumbo "jumbo technical alfaaz" bhi istemaal karein kyun kai yeh sab aapki "simple english terms" jitna simple nhi, thanks.

Nhi, aap sai request hai kai aap mumbo "jumbo technical alfaaz" bhi istemaal karein kyun kai yeh sab aapki "simple english terms" jitna simple nhi, thanks.

Why don't you google and find out the whole mechanism of shooting down of missile in the space. After all we have many examples in the past, technical data on which is available. Why you want me to waste my time!! I have better things to do than to involve in tittle tattle of meaningless outcome, thanks.

Why don't you google and find out the whole mechanism of shooting down of missile in the space. After all we have many examples in the past, technical data on which is available. Why you want me to waste my time!! I have better things to do than to involve in tittle tattle of meaningless outcome, thanks.
I read ASAT weapons on Wikipedia these weapons are too much complicated then you thought @crankthatskunk

Agar internet sai hi sab mil jata tou aaj har mulk yeh kaam kar chuka hota.

Oh boy, thanks for letting me know. I thought I can just go out with spear and bow and shoot down the satellites.
an this is not easy that you think, there are lots variables in it, you quoted simple theories that calculate timing/orbit of satellite and your job will finished,there are lots variables in its like solar/moon/earth gravity effects for orbits decaying rate of satellite, it angles from equator ETC ETC @crankthatskunk

Back
Top Bottom