What's new

Official Budget 2015 Thread

Krishi onnunkoode angu.vikasipikkam.Alliyo :D

Oru cheriya project... I acre sadanam....

Went to Canara bank agri loan department ... also subsidy from NABARD... on the process of making a detailed project report..

@SpArK @SrNair i seldom see malayalam news channels here, but came across one while switching channels this afternoon, heated budget discussions were going on lol. So i tuned in for a bit. There was an idiot bjp spokie who doesn't know single thing about budget/economy and was being thrashed badly by 3 other guys (udf-ldf spokies i assume) calling the budget corporate friendly, ambani sponsored etc but that's understandable they were taking political potshots
But what really amused me is that there was an analyst on the panel - a supposed economist - some univ prof - when asked about his assessment of the budget - he said this was the first step towards dictatorship lol, he even gave examples from a world war era regime which supposedly had similar framework as seen in today's budget further added the ulterior motive is for modi to execute some secret plans which he has been doing since long in gujarat :lol:

I mean how you guys watch such bullcr$p. I understand the Modi hate but these intellectuals lol worse than English media :P

@SpArK @SrNair i seldom see malayalam news channels here, but came across one while switching channels this afternoon, heated budget discussions were going on lol. So i tuned in for a bit. There was an idiot bjp spokie who doesn't know single thing about budget/economy and was being thrashed badly by 3 other guys (udf-ldf spokies i assume) calling the budget corporate friendly, ambani sponsored etc but that's understandable they were taking political potshots
But what really amused me is that there was an analyst on the panel - a supposed economist - some univ prof - when asked about his assessment of the budget - he said this was the first step towards dictatorship lol, he even gave examples from a world war era regime which supposedly had similar framework as seen in today's budget further added the ulterior motive is for modi to execute some secret plans which he has been doing since long in gujarat :lol:

I mean how you guys watch such bullcr$p. I understand the Modi hate but these intellectuals lol worse than English media :P

The Kerala BJP leaders apart from 2-3 are not good in debating or in making a speech...

They give a bad name to BJP through television studios regularly...

The Kerala BJP leaders apart from 2-3 are not good in debating or in making a speech...

They give a bad name to BJP through television studios regularly...

Surendran,Ramesh and another one guy
are good .Rest of them are stupid.

Honestly what I can see here is that
the opposition is quite silent .Because they dont have any weapon in this budget to criticism them.And govt supporters dont have anything ,populist BS to shouting.
A perfect balance approach.

As BJP spokesman said " government increased taxes for common people because BJP want to encourage indian tradition of Money saving. More taxes means people will buy less products which will increase saving of common man ".

They deceased taxes for corporate sector because they gives more job.

$40 billion defence budget out of $288 billion. So India spend 14% of total budget on defence.

The fact that no one even bothered to open a thread shows how unimaginative and stupid the budget is. Same Jalebi being cooked. This one is WORSE. No big ideas, cruising on low oil prices and juggling the taxes here and there. Congrats Bhakt!

And he Increased MNREGA by 5000 crores!

No Big Bang, But Budget 2015 Goes for Growth, Investment

Ten Big Highlights From Arun Jaitleys Budget 2015 – NDTV Profit
1% increase in service tax hardly matter and itseffectcommon people won't be that big mainly on middle class

India total budget is $288 for 2015-16.
n4fe9bfdedbb47.jpg

I think you cannot totally blame the Indian government as their fault or give credit to China government on this agenda of education. Though China government, being CPC controlled, can enforce education program in a more efficient way without caring about votes of other interested factions like the taxed rich, education is a deep-rooted East Asian philosophy. In East Asia, individuals, families, can sacrifice other things for education. If you look at PISA scores you might find this pattern:
View attachment 197600

65 countries (34 OECD, 31 Partnering), 2012 results
Programme for International Student Assessment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I don't think India government should use China as a benchmark for education, however more input does seem necessary for the benefits of all its people.

In it's relation to defense budget, some reference for you. Notice that China launched compulsory education in 1986? It was the year immediately after the retrenchment of PLA was completed in 1985. The retrenchment started back in 1980, the year immediately after diplomatic relationship was formalized between China and the biggest threat - USA - in 1979, easing the security environment of China. Deng Xiaoping set the order diplomacy -> defense cut -> boost education.

The key is China rightly identified education as the Great equalizer and a gateway to economic opportunities and social welfare.

It has nothing to do with defence budget.

India is prioritizing Toilets over basic education. That is just CRAZY.

Educate India should be taken up on a Mission Mode. Similar to Swatch Bharat.

Corporates should have been given tax incentives for opening schools.

India total budget is $288 for 2015-16.

That is broadly correct.

Indian defence budget is around 13.8 % of total Government Budget. It is very reasonable, but also the reason why we should not be spending that money purchasing goods from abroad.

Of that only 40-41% of the defence budget goes into capital expenditure i.e. buying of new machines like Ships, Aircraft's, Guns etc.

Which means out of 40 Billion $, India will buy defence goods of around 16 Billion $ this year.

Last edited:
That is broadly correct.

Indian defence budget is around 13.8 % of total Government Budget. It is very reasonable, but also the reason why we should not be spending that money purchasing goods from abroad.

@SrNair and other baniyas pay attention here.

@SrNair and other baniyas pay attention here.

Economics and overall budget manage is an entire vast subject.In total GDP that would be just less than 2.5% .

For you ,perhaps it would be quite easy to check others ethinicity whether they are dardick or not .
But that knowledge wont be enough for analysing budgetry details

Surendran,Ramesh and another one guy
are good .Rest of them are stupid.

Honestly what I can see here is that
the opposition is quite silent .Because they dont have any weapon in this budget to criticism them.And govt supporters dont have anything ,populist BS to shouting.
A perfect balance approach.

True that very pragmatic budget
Tbh after seeing last year's interim budget which was lame i had no expectations of this one but jaitley did deliver this time. Like I said earlier even media anchors trying to push analysts into nitpicking something negative haven't succeeded yet :lol: that shows the credibility.

Back
Top Bottom