What's new

Obama's Kashmir conundrum

AM, in my personal opinion (rightly or wrongly) redrawing map is not an option, open border after calm and trust has returned is only way forward.

A true method of deciding Kashmir's fate as recommended by U.N.

All Indians to read and after 60 years of murdering Muslims, have some decency to promote and apply this.

United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

The United Nations has played an important role in maintaining peace and order in Jammu and Kashmir since the transfer of Power to India and independence to Pakistan in 1947. Immediately after the freedom a dispute erupted between India and the successor nation-state of Pakistan on the question of the very basis of accession of Jammu and Kashmir by the ruler. New Delhi took this matter to the United Nation and the Security Council passed resolution 39 (1948) and established the United Nations Commission for India and Pakistan (UNCIP) to investigate and mediate the issue.
Contents
[hide]

* 1 The democratic method of a free and impartial plebiscite
* 2 United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
* 3 References
* 4 See also
* 5 External links

The democratic method of a free and impartial plebiscite

The Security Council of United Nations on the complaint of Government of India concerning the dispute over the State of Jammu and Kashmir passed resolution 47 (1948), “that both India and Pakistan desire that the question of the accession of Jammu and Kashmir to India or Pakistan should be decided through the democratic method of a free and impartial plebiscite”

It recommended to the Governments of India and Pakistan to restore peace and order in Jammu and Kashmir and provide full freedom to all subjects of the state, to vote on the question of accession.

Furthermore, it recommended to the Government of India to establish Plebiscite Administration to hold fair and impartial referendum as soon as possible, a nominee of the Secretary-General of the United Nations to be appointed as the Plebiscite Administrator, release all political prisoners, invite the major political groups to share the administration at the ministerial level while the plebiscite is being prepared and carried out.

[edit] United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan

Resolution 47(1948) also enlarged the membership of the UNCIP and its role to observe ceasefire. India and Pakistan signed Karachi Agreement in March 1951 and established a ceasefire line to be supervised by observers. After the termination of UNCIP, the Security Council passed another resolution 91(1951) and established United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan (UNMOGIP) to observe and report violations of ceasefire.

A war broke out between India and Pakistan in 1971 and the two countries signed another agreement in 1972 to define the Line of Control in Kashmir. India and Pakistan disagree on UNMOGIP’s mandate in Kashmir because India argued that the mandate of UNMOGIP has lapsed because it was specifically established to observe ceasefire according to Karachi Agreement.

However, The Secretary General of the United Nations maintained that the UNMOGIP should continue to function because no resolution has been passed to terminate it. India has restricted the activities of the UNMOGIP in its territory. However, Pakistan has continued to cooperate with UNMOGIP.

References

* UN Security Council Resolution 39 and 47
* United Nations Military Observer Group in India and Pakistan
* BBC Timeline on Kashmir conflict

See also

* Kashmir
* All Parties Hurriyat Conference
* Kashmir Freedom Moveme

External links

* Official website of the Jammu Kashmir Liberation Front (Amanullah Khan)
* UNMOGIP page at Welcome to the UN. It's your world.
* Accession Document

Retrieved from "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Nations_Military_Observer_Group_in_India_and_Pakistan"
Categories: Terrorism | Rebellions in Asia | Kashmir | Guerrilla wars
Views

I'm glad this president is atleast talking about Kashmir, I think he is aware of whats going on there. Smart man.

I'm glad this president is atleast talking about Kashmir, I think he is aware of whats going on there. Smart man.

It Might be a move AGAINST us. Solving kashmir could also refer to Pakistan loosing Azad Kashmir to the Indians.

It Might be a move AGAINST us. Solving kashmir could also refer to Pakistan loosing Azad Kashmir to the Indians.

I dont think thats possible. We all saw Indians going mad this past summer with all the pro-independence rallys in Indian Occupied Kashmir...Azad Kashmiris will drive the Indians insane, besides the only way to solve the dispute is through a fair plebiscite and theres no place in Pakistan that hates India more than that in Azad Kashmir.

We need a powerful and well organized group like Hezbollah, they are the national resistance for Lebanon and we need a Kashmiri Hezbollah resisting for Kashmir...
Here are some steps we should take.

1) Armed resistance by well trained groups. Target Indian police stations, bomb their trucks, cut off supply lines,

2)Effectively Infiltrate India ignite and support separatist groups.

3) Push China to pressure and condemn India for it's actions in Kashmir and occupation.

Mr. A1Kaid,

Great resolution to solving the kashmire problem, create more menace. Let me give an alternate solution, Why not make Azad Kashmire a economic powerhouse by infusing foreign investment, incentives to local entreprenuers, building infastructures, etc...Then Indian side Kashmire people will starts demanding better life or they will join the azad Kashmire. No Gun, No Terrorist Camp, No Infiltration, No Violence. How about that Kiddo!!!

Last edited:
No sanctions or embargo will be applied against India. The US stands to make a lot of money off of India, and seeks to bolster it as a counterweight against China.

The most that woudl happen is some behind the scenes nudging for India and Pakistan to settle the dispute.

Yes this is true the US uses India to help contain rising China, and Pakistan is helped used to balance or another independent power that can contend with India...Very Geo-Political strategic maneuver...

@intruder

Also I would like to add I never said the US or Obama WILL sanction India, my point is if Obama is serious about resolving the Kashmir dispute he must punish Hindu India for the barbarity they have committed in the once paradise land...Hindu Indian can moan all they want about Pakistan backed militants, because they just seem don't understand the concept of resistance...

Though I would suggest many Muslim countries sanction India, including Iran...Yes India is a large consumer of energy and that may hurt business ties, and revenue for oil producers and sellers, but India must release Kashmir, then it may receive it's badly needed energy (oil, natural gas, etc)...

Indeed pressure must come from somewhere...

Mr. A1Kaid,

Great resolution to solving the kashmire problem, create more menace. Let me give an alternate solution, Why not make Azad Kashmire a economic powerhouse by infusing foreign investment, incentives to local entreprenuers, building infastructures, etc...Then Indian side Kashmire people will starts demanding better life or they will join the azad Kashmire. No Gun, No Terrorist Camp, No Infiltration, No Violence. How about that Kiddo!!!

Oooo how sweet "Why not make Azad Kashmire a economic powerhouse by infusing foreign investment, incentives to local entreprenuers, building infastructures, etc" yeah and then let IAF and Indian army attack Azad Kashmir and destroy it's infrastructure huh or as their plans are...Coming from an Indian that's BS.

"Then Indian side Kashmire people will starts demanding better life or they will join azad Kashmire." -jeypore

This has to be the most retarded thing I have read in awhile on this Forum...

Wake up "Kiddo" Kashmiris Azadis and oppressed have been demanding for a better life for over 60 years+, especially the one's in Indian occupied Kashmir...Have you seen the demonstrations (many of them peaceful until the Indian mercenary police came to "restore order") There is a reason why in Indian occupied Kashmir many Muslim Kashmiris are flying Pakistani flags on their houses and rooftops...

But you know what your comments reveal something VERY VERY VERY important for us Pakistanis and humane humans to understand, that you Hindu Indian's have neglected and still do today the "voice" of Kashmiri people, otherwise how could you not know that for decades the Kashmiri people have already "demanded for a better life".... You choose to ignore ehh...

Kashmiris have been asking for freedom, and their message is clear to all but India and some of it's allies, they don't want you in there land, your not wanted, GET OUT!!!

Weak and pathetic argument...:disagree:

Yes this is true the US uses India to help contain rising China, and Pakistan is helped used to balance or another independent power that can contend with India...Very Geo-Political strategic maneuver......

Dont u see US using Pakistan as a tool to stop China. The target is to have US army base in pakistan so that its china ties for gas will come down.

Also I would like to add I never said the US or Obama WILL sanction India, my point is if Obama is serious about resolving the Kashmir dispute he must punish Hindu India for the barbarity they have committed in the once paradise land...Hindu Indian can moan all they want about Pakistan backed militants, because they just seem don't understand the concept of resistance...

Why the hell US intersted in resolving kashmir ??? All it wants is not the peace in the region. it wants more violation so both Pakistan and India will depend on military. Dont u see US supplying FREE warflghts to pakistan and offered 100 such flights to India.
Well Pakistani backed militatns? Nice!!! You know the result today...your own military fighting against them..ur gals are at home scaring for...another 1-2 decades of such situation keep pakistan in deep problem.

Though I would suggest many Muslim countries sanction India, including Iran...Yes India is a large consumer of energy and that may hurt business ties, and revenue for oil producers and sellers, but India must release Kashmir, then it may receive it's badly needed energy (oil, natural gas, etc)... Indeed pressure must come from somewhere...

India has good realtions with Muslim Oil countries. It has almost equal number of muslims as that of India. You have a nice idea. Good luck. One question could arab countries can stop fuel to ISREAL who bombed muslims ??

Dont u see US using Pakistan as a tool to stop China. The target is to have US army base in pakistan so that its china ties for gas will come down.

Why the hell US intersted in resolving kashmir ??? All it wants is not the peace in the region. it wants more violation so both Pakistan and India will depend on military. Dont u see US supplying FREE warflghts to pakistan and offered 100 such flights to India.
Well Pakistani backed militatns? Nice!!! You know the result today...your own military fighting against them..ur gals are at home scaring for...another 1-2 decades of such situation keep pakistan in deep problem.

India has good realtions with Muslim Oil countries. It has almost equal number of muslims as that of India. You have a nice idea. Good luck. One question could arab countries can stop fuel to ISREAL who bombed muslims ??

Well I am proposing ideas that ought to be explored and executed...There is no doubt with today's Geo-Political setup it is a difficult path to liberate Kashmir...

Oooo how sweet "Why not make Azad Kashmire a economic powerhouse by infusing foreign investment, incentives to local entreprenuers, building infastructures, etc" yeah and then let IAF and Indian army attack Azad Kashmir and destroy it's infrastructure huh or as their plans are...Coming from an Indian that's BS.

And your counter argument to my post is really weak, (India would attack). Why would India attack, if they wanted Azad Kashmir they would have attack back in 70's. Make some sense, but creating more home grown Hazbolla was very touching an innovative.

Yes this is true the US uses India to help contain rising China, and Pakistan is helped used to balance or another independent power that can contend with India...Very Geo-Political strategic maneuver...

@intruder

Though I would suggest many Muslim countries sanction India, including Iran...Yes India is a large consumer of energy and that may hurt business ties, and revenue for oil producers and sellers, but India must release Kashmir, then it may receive it's badly needed energy (oil, natural gas, etc)...

Indeed pressure must come from somewhere...

You are advertising black side of Pakistani nature. This will only harm the remaining reputation of Pakistan. Don't do this if you really want to 'help' Pakistan.

And if, by any chance, Pakistan takes this stance, then GoI will get a strong and valid reason to take brutal actions.

You are advertising black side of Pakistani nature. This will only harm the remaining reputation of Pakistan. Don't do this if you really want to 'help' Pakistan.

And if, by any chance, Pakistan takes this stance, then GoI will get a strong and valid reason to take brutal actions.

Whenever i hear this i just want to roll down and start laughing :lol::lol::lol:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom