What's new

Obama thinking of moving the 7th fleet to Bangladesh.

It'd cause China and India to **** bricks too.

It's technically not possible for the entire 7th fleet to be based in BD.

Lol, China would be least bit worried if the 7th fleet moves to BD, in fact they might welcome the move. It means, not only will there be less American presence in Japan and hence less threat to China, but all that American muscle will now bother India. Its a total win for China if the authors wet dream does come true. BD is no where near the Chinese coast line for them to be bothered if the 7th fleet moves there.

BN has at least 105 large, medium and small ships that include a few ships shortly to be inducted. Moreover, BN will induct a total of 25 Patrol Boats of which two have been built in Khulna and remaining to be built one by one. BN has already ordered two submarines. It is also considering to order another two in the very near future.

So, a Bangladesh port can take another 70 ships without any hitch. For that the naval port facilities will have to be enlarged and deepened. This is not a very difficult task for the USA which built Panama Canal at 26 m above the sea level 100 years ago.

Just being realistic... the total tonnage of whole BD naval ships will not be more then the a single US ship(ACC of 7th fleet). technically it should demand much much better port then what midgets boat needs.

The deep sea port facility? May be. But they are not completed yet. In fact, construction hasn't even started. And that'll take time to materialize.

Even then, I really doubt if the Americans be that stupid to attract that much attention. If it really happens in the future, we're screwed (my opinion).

What is possible however is that the Americans may conduct some recon and SIGNET operations from BD. And that doesn't require much infrastructure and facilities.

What do you think would be the pros and cons of such an arrangement?

One con would be that we would be under some kind of hegemony, not that we already aren't. A strong US presence is the way out of Indian Hegemony, you have no idea how much this nation is under silent Indian occupation. Indian dada giri will be gone..............Chinese investments will also increase. Awami league literally sold bangladesh to India to remain in power.

One con would be that we would be under some kind of hegemony, not that we already aren't. A strong US presence is the way out of Indian Hegemony, you have no idea how much this nation is under silent Indian occupation. Indian dada giri will be gone..............Chinese investments will also increase. Awami league literally sold bangladesh to India to remain in power.

Are you kidding me? We are already a province of India :lol:

Are you kidding me? We are already a province of India :lol:

What happened to your Flag man. Did the AWAMIS deported you to US as a token of appreciation to them for setting up 7th Fleet HQ in Bangladesh :omghaha:

Chinese investments in a country that is hosting US 7th fleet. What are you smoking? They will treat you worse than Phillipines. They will publish a 4th century map showing all of Bangladesh's EEZ as Chinese Waters :omghaha:

Chinese investments in a country that is hosting US 7th fleet. What are you smoking? They will treat you worse than Phillipines. They will publish a 4th century map showing all of Bangladesh's EEZ as Chinese Waters :omghaha:

QFT. Watch out for the Chinese. They ain't there for the host country. They are there to rape you blind while holding you hostage thru bribery and corruption.

7th fleet to Chitagoong - ROLFMAO

We are not Phillipines and we are not worried about Chinese treating us badly. In case of Phillipines and many other SE countries the Chinese have become the citizens. The Chinese there are as united as the Indian Marwaris are in India.

But, Chinese will not be after our citizenship. They will be investors like many other foreigners already are. So, it is wrong to assume that Chinese will treat us badly or we will accept it.

Not only that we will see that the Chinese do not also ill treat the Indians in our country. So, do not get worried about your investors, employees and illegal residents here.

We are not Phillipines and we are not worried about Chinese treating us badly. In case of Phillipines and many other SE countries the Chinese have become the citizens. The Chinese there are as united as the Indian Marwaris are in India.

But, Chinese will not be after our citizenship. They will be investors like many other foreigners already are. So, it is wrong to assume that Chinese will treat us badly or we will accept it.

Not only that we will see that the Chinese do not also ill treat the Indians in our country. So, do not get worried about your investors, employees and illegal residents here.

Wow. That will mean Bangladesh will become the Switzerland of Asia. And many of the Indians will do reverse Pole Vaulting. I will pole vault to rich and prosperous Bangladesh. And I will get to be with my long lost Jamati brothers. Good for me :P

After PML(N)'s rigging and force to power in Pakistan. I think Obama will opt for Gawadar for the HQ of 7th fleet, as we have an American agent in PM's house. Whatever else massa wishes, Ganja shall oblige. Long live the US of P. :usflag::pakistan:

You are disrespectful of your incoming PM. He will make good relationship with USA, China as well as India. This is what is needed for Pakistan. This does not make him a Chamcha of any country. He will have to keep the economic vessel of Pakistan floating on the turbulent sea surface.

Wow. That will mean Bangladesh will become the Switzerland of Asia. And many of the Indians will do reverse Pole Vaulting. I will pole vault to rich and prosperous Bangladesh. And I will get to be with my long lost Jamati brothers. Good for me :P

BD is already the Switzerland of Asia. Check the geography. All the transport rail and roads from east, west and north will be moving through BD land.

BD is already the Switzerland of Asia. Check the geography. All the transport rail and roads from east, west and north will be moving through BD land.

Not yet. You don't have snow covered Alps. May be you should ask the Chinese to make one for :P

1.If the 7th Fleet were to use Chittagong port, it's major vessels would have to stay around 70 miles in the outer anchorage because of shallow draft. Only after a deep-sea port is built around Sonadia/Moiskhali can the US Fleet use our port.

2. However, political atmosphere in BD has always been against allowing foreign bases / troops. Haliburton under Dick Chenny tried hard to enter Chittagong port. But had to wind up due to public opposition. Haliburton packed up and did a similar project at Basra.

if they come i dont mind , is lyk we can use those aircraft and navys to use against myanmar and india lol

Another thread that puts BD at the center of the universe ?

Of all the posts so far , this one takes the cake for being the most educative & informative.

Another thread that puts BD at the center of the universe ?

Of all the posts so far , this one takes the cake for being the most educative & informative.

If Bd is not the center of Universe it is becoming the center of developing Asia. The gravity of its location has made it dear to big powers. How about also the Suppa Pawa India, is it not revolving around BD already?

Back
Top Bottom