What's new

Obama signs law against Iran-LatAm relations

twilight

Reaction score
Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
US President Barack Obama has enacted a legislation aimed at countering Iran’s growing relations with the Latin American countries.

The “Countering Iran in Western Hemisphere Act” which was signed into law on Friday, requires the State Department to develop a strategy within 180 days to “address Iran's growing hostile presence and activity” in Latin America.

The law also incorporates a multiagency action plan in the Latin American countries in an attempt to isolate the Islamic Republic and its allies.

The US House of Representatives’ Foreign Affairs subcommittee on terrorism had endorsed the legislation earlier in March.

Iran has increased the number of its embassies in Latin America from five in 2005 to 11 in 2012.

The Islamic Republic has been seeking to expand relations with Latin American countries over the past few years, describing the endeavor as one of its major foreign policy strategies.

Major Latin American nations have also enhanced their diplomatic and trade ties with Iran in recent years while their relations with the United States have been downgraded amid popular demands for an end to dependence on Washington.

Iran’s rising popularity in Latin America has raised major concerns in Washington, which regards the region as its strategic backyard and traditional sphere of influence.

On January 6, the US warned Latin American states against expanding diplomatic and business ties with Iran, expressing concern over “Iran's outreach to the Western Hemisphere.”

ASH/AZ/MA

PressTV - Obama signs law against Iran-LatAm relations

This showing true nature of USA ... He thinks he is owner of other countries and has right to sign law about them !!!

Does this police state truly deserve to be a superpower? Put technology and science and economy aside, U.S is a fascist state for countries it doesn't like.

I've discussed with lots of Americans before , Most of them are racist , I mean it RACIST . All I could find in their comments was calling Muslims , Arabs and sometimes middle eastern people animals , complex and extremists who just deserved to be nuked in order to end their concerns .

I've discussed with lots of Americans before , Most of them are racist , I mean it RACIST . All I could find in their comments was calling Muslims , Arabs and sometimes middle eastern people animals , complex and extremists who just deserved to be nuked in order to end their concerns .
Don't blame them,they are being fed up everyday,every hour and every second, that there is a country on the other side of the earth that wants to kill them all in a holy war,exterminate them and nuke them.When you hear something like that everyday,the outcome is clear.

Hezbollah has an interesting presence in Latin America; especially Bolivia, Columbia, Venezuela and Argentina

I guess the influence survived because there are Arab-origin Syrians and Lebanese who migrated to Latin America several generations ago.

given Ahmedinnejad's good relations with Venezuela President, Americans must be nervous about Iranian spies or assets being able to slip through via the South

I'm very surprised actually that the CIA hasn't assassinated Chavez yet

US need to have a enemy all the time to justify its Army buget an the useless spending it does on Weapons of mass destructions

Yes, Americans are scum no different from Zionists. Most of them at least.

And what about BARACK??

BARACK- Black American ReAlly Conceived in Kenya.

BARACK- Black American Raised Although Conceived in Kenya

Those are two good ones I can think of...

On Topic: US took similar measures to counter Soviet influence in the Western hemisphere during the Cold War especially in Cuba. US also fought Communism in Central America and overthrew Governments who sympathized with Communism or the Soviets.

I think if Hugo Chavez isn't careful US could back opposition in Venezuela and he could be over thrown.

Back
Top Bottom