What's new

Obama administration announces $6.4 billion arms sale package to Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is huge difference between Korea and china.
China is rising, peoples living improved greatly. the connections between Taiwan and China never stop, during the war and after the war. For example, i with my family always go to Taiwan(since the 90s till now), without being consider enemies. (and this is not the case in Korea)

China is not really a Communism country anymore, its a one party government + capitalism. and Democratic centralism.

people in Taiwan previously afraid simply because of communism, since its no longer a communist country, the communist effect has been reduce to minimal.

of course, Taiwan government will not willingly accept to become part of China, since no one would wants to leave the "throne". giving up power.

It's not just about economic prosperity. Taiwan was prosperous long before Communist China. It's also about personal liberty. Being able to disagree with and criticize the Government and if need be vote them out of office. With out fear of going to prison or being killed. you ever ask yourself why the Chinese Communist party does not allow other parties? I would bet that if China truly allowed political dissent and multiple political parties they would see a quick peaceful resolution to Taiwan.

Last edited:
It's not just about economic prosperity. Taiwan was prosperous long before Communist China. It's also about personal liberty. Being able to disagree with and criticize the Government and if need be vote them out of office. With out fear of going to prison or being killed.

China....voting is out of the question, its just impossible at least for now, is simple to say voting create blah blah blah, but please go through what is required... its would just be too vulnerable to integrate democratic voting system.

look at Taiwan and India, yes they are practically independent, but are they? do their people including the government really have control of all situations? Taiwan and India allows/forced to allow extreme high influence of foreign power into its country, I personally think, India situation on such matter is even worse than Taiwan.

除非国家無论
人民质素,軍事,经济
都到达世界頂级
否则多党執政(民主)斷不可行
出现借助外国勢力换取執政权,即后悔莫及 (没有免费的午餐)
鹬蚌相争,渔翁得利
鹬蚌 = 多党
渔翁 = 外国勢力
*例子: 看看台湾,印度

I am not sure if you understand above...
but there are requirements (eg:educated population, military etc etc) that has to be achieved before thinking of having any democracy. Or else, the only beneficiary would be foreign power.

People just love talking about democracy, before actually considering which one would work better in different situation.
Of course if China is a small tiny country where as nobody cares, then, its okay to implement democracy without sacrificing its resources/import/export/military control(allow foreign military base). and even still, there are chances that foreign power might intervene, the more resources, the more they intervene.

Last edited:
It's not just about economic prosperity. Taiwan was prosperous long before Communist China. It's also about personal liberty. Being able to disagree with and criticize the Government and if need be vote them out of office. With out fear of going to prison or being killed. you ever ask yourself why the Chinese Communist party does not allow other parties? I would bet that if China truly allowed political dissent and multiple political parties they would see a quick peaceful resolution to Taiwan.

Ha ha,

Liked your point. Has anyone seen the the proceedings in Parliament in Taiwan and South Korea. Its like watching a Cage Fighter Series.

Imagine these guys in a CPC meeting ? :woot:

Infact China should be happy they lost the last China Taiwan battle. Who wants such rowdies in their Parliaments ?

Regards

can't some people (all nationalities, including some Chinese) reply properly... and stop verbally attacking each other...
its simply does no good...
i am tired of reading through all these meaningless, radical comments in almost every thread.

i respect your view.

i also believe that, it's not only chinese, but also Pakistanis, Indian and all others.

whoever gets a chance to insult, he do it.

but being senior member, they should not troll at all.

Last edited:
Ha ha
:cheers:

THEN U SHOULD BE HAPPY SINCE TAIWANESE FEEL THEY ARE CHINESE IT ACTUALLY MEANS THE US IS INDIRECTLY SUPPLYING YOU WITH THE LATEST PATRIOTS ?

AFTER ALL SINCE TAIWANESE ARE SUCH BROTHERS TO YOU THESE PATRIOTS WILL BE POINTED TOWARDS INDIA IN YOUR SUPPORT RIGHT ?

WONDER WHY YOUR CPC HAS ITS KNICKERS IN A TWIST OVER SOMETHING BEING GIVEN TO YOUR TAIWANESE BROTHERS WHO LOVE YOU SO MUCH ?

SELF GOAL GREY BOY.

:yahoo:

Always Neutral , why sent me a message ? to provoke ?

If in case you are looking for a debate, first of all, stop sreaming with

all caps, secondly, for being honest, actually thats nothing worth to

debate in your screaming post= "pure rants" at best.
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Always Neutral , why sent me a message ? to provoke ?

If in case you are looking for a debate, first of all, stop sreaming with

all caps, secondly, for being honest, actually thats nothing worth to

debate in your screaming post= "pure rants" at best.

ok i whisper since taiwanese love u so much why not let ur best brothers have some patriots ?

or

Are u scared that they may use it against ur aggression ?

Once again SELF GOAL

:coffee:

ok i whisper since taiwanese love u so much why not let ur best brothers have some patriots ?

or

Once again SELF GOAL

there is huge difference between Korea and china.
China is rising, peoples living improved greatly. the connections between Taiwan and China never stop, during the war and after the war. For example, i with my family always go to Taiwan(since the 90s till now), without being consider enemies. (and this is not the case in Korea)

China is not really a Communism country anymore, its a one party government + capitalism. and Democratic centralism.

people in Taiwan previously afraid simply because of communism, since its no longer a communist country, the communist effect has been reduce to minimal.

of course, Taiwan government will not willingly accept to become part of China, since no one would wants to leave the "throne". giving up power.

I already answered for him~~
please there no point continuing such matter~~
since there will be no answer to it~~

or

Once again SELF GOAL

Mr Indian, please quit the whisper thing, i don't feel comfortable with it

cause it sounds gay.

Scared of some patriots ? are you kidding me ? i do hope you will be

smart enough to know the different between offensive and defensive

weapons.

Aggression ? why we need to be aggressive when our relationship is

getting better in all aspects ? Man, you are just outdated with the

reality, read this and learn something out of it;

Meanwhile, Economic Ties Thrive

Despite intermittent diplomatic friction, the cross-strait economic relationship has blossomed. China entered the World Trade Organization (WTO) in 2001 and, within a month, Taiwan entered as "Chinese Taipei." Bilateral trade between China and Taiwan in 2007 reached $102 billion, up from $8 billion in 1991 (PDF) . China is Taiwan's largest trading partner; in 2007, 30 percent of Taiwan's exports were sold to China. Likewise, Taiwan ranks in the top ten of China's trading partners. Taiwanese businesses have invested an estimated $150 billion in the mainland since 1988. In 2009, Taiwan opened up one hundred of its industries to mainland investments. China and Taiwan have also agreed to allow banks, insurers, and other financial service providers to invest and work in both markets. Negotiations between the two for an Economic Cooperation Framework Agreement that will ease trade restrictions even further are scheduled for late 2009.

The year 2009 also marked the increase of direct flights between China and Taiwan to 270 per week from 108. Moreover, Taiwan increased its daily quota of visitors from China to three thousand, a ten-fold increase.

Significance of the Rapprochement

In another move signaling the more placid relations between China and Taiwan, in May 2009 the Chinese government did not object to Taiwan's participation as an observer at the World Health Assembly, the governing body of the World Health Organization, albeit under the name "Chinese Taipei." This marked the first time Taiwan was granted observer status at a United Nations body since it lost its seat to China in 1971.

Continuing the conciliatory trend, President Ma has called for increased cultural and educational exchanges with China. He also continues to vow that Taiwan will not move toward political unification with China, while at the same time insisting that Taiwan will not declare independence. Ma's course is in line with public sentiment; polls suggest 75 to 80 percent of people in Taiwan want their government to preserve the status quo (Foreign Policy).
China-Taiwan Relations - Council on Foreign Relations :smitten::pakistan::china:

Its always so funny to watch some stupid frog in the well thats know

sh@t about the relationship between China and taiwan,

(1) 99% of the people are Chinese in taiwan, they will be proud to tell

anybody they are Chinese, the relationship between the two are

getting better day by day, the majority of taiwan never support any

independent move, China won't allow it to happen and US will never

support it too, since thats mean war.

(2) When some ignorant Indians like to stick their nose into our

internal affair, please first do a little bit research out from your well,

no body in China, taiwan, Japan, Korea have any respect to Indians,

Not to be prejudice, but just like to point out the truth how they feel

about Indians, you represented backwardation, poverty, slums.

(3) Especially extremely funny when i heard some Indians talking

about military base in taiwan, Japan, Korea, do you think they wants

some beggars to create some dirty slums in their countries ?

US selling arms to taiwan means nothing to the reality taiwan is part of China.

If you like your China so much , and your China has advanced so much that other nationalities seem like a frog in teh well , illiterate and you only see slums in some countries and US policies are so screwed up (like your brain) why aren't U in China already , why not??????????????????????????????????? why are we seeing a US flag after your name grey boy?
dont forget your past grey boy chiina started it industrial revolution in the 70`s and we Indians ijn the 90`s , thats why the difference.... if your china is so much better mate then why do millions of chinese stil prefer to live abroad???
here in Ireland , google it , after the Nigerians most of the refugees (assylum seekers) are the Chinese.
Tibet is part of china , taiwan is part of china , arunachal is part of china , 25-30 % chinese in AUSTRALIA ,dont start a thread now to tell people that Oz is also part of china...
dont forget your roots where you started from... keep your feets on the ground.... if U do this mate , other nationalities will not look like frogs my man.. :india:

I already answered for him~~
please there no point continuing such matter~~
since there will be no answer to it~~

Thats the beauty of debate. There are two follies here

1. Taiwan after defeating China still wanting to be the REAL China!

2. The REAL China not being able to convince the Taiwanese that they are brothers from the same mother.

China and Taiwan unfortunately are step brothers and average Taiwanese never says he is Chinese and he is as proud of his heritage as most mainland Chinese are. Infact the Hawkish Tai's are as proud of the defeat Chinese Army as you are proud of the defeat of the Indian Army.

Most Tai's curse their leadership in 1940-50's of having a delusion about being the real China. A defeated China would have never opposed a free Taiwan at that time.

Regards

Mr Indian, please quit the whisper thing, i don't feel comfortable with it

cause it sounds gay.

HA HA UR DEBATING SKILLS ARE AS LUCID AS THAT OF SOMEONE ON A HIGH.

Scared of some patriots ? are you kidding me ? i do hope you will be

smart enough to know the different between offensive and defensive

weapons.

U STILL HAVE NOT ANSWERED MY QUESTION ? IF THE THE TAIWANESE LOVE U SO MUCH WHY ARE YOU SO SCARED IF THEY GET SOME PATRIOTS ? AFTER ALL IF THEY LOVE U THEY WILL NEVER USE IT AGAINST YOU !:victory: :cheers:

China-Taiwan Relations - Council on Foreign Relations :smitten::pakistan::china:

Just curious when did you last break off relations whith the US when they supplied weapons to GOP, after all they also are your best brothers like the Taiwanese.

Please check with CCP and get back to me.

If you like your China so much , and your China has advanced so much that other nationalities seem like a frog in teh well , illiterate and you only see slums in some countries and US policies are so screwed up (like your brain) why aren't U in China already , why not??????????????????????????????????? why are we seeing a US flag after your name grey boy?
dont forget your past grey boy chiina started it industrial revolution in the 70`s and we Indians ijn the 90`s , thats why the difference.... if your china is so much better mate then why do millions of chinese stil prefer to live abroad???
here in Ireland , google it , after the Nigerians most of the refugees (assylum seekers) are the Chinese.
Tibet is part of china , taiwan is part of china , arunachal is part of china , 25-30 % chinese in AUSTRALIA ,dont start a thread now to tell people that Oz is also part of china...
dont forget your roots where you started from... keep your feets on the ground.... if U do this mate , other nationalities will not look like frogs my man.. :india:

HaHa, will you please stop lecturing me with your BS !, you are not

qualify, at least not from a proud citizen of a living "Hell Hole".

Now, stop trolling and stay with the topic=US arms sales to taiwan,

Just curious when did you last break off relations whith the US when they supplied weapons to GOP, after all they also are your best brothers like the Taiwanese.

Please check with CCP and get back to me.

Man, i think i am done with some Mr. Dumass, do you even know the

difference with Chinese brothers and Chinese and Pakistanis

brotherhood ?

You remind me of an old Chinese wisdom; Its get you no where

by "playing music to a cow" so true !:smitten::pakistan::china:

Man, i think i am done with some Mr. Dumass, do you even know the

difference with Chinese brothers and Chinese and Pakistanis

brotherhood ?

You remind me of an old Chinese wisdom; Its get you no where

by "playing music to a cow" so true !:smitten::pakistan::china:

Actually ur the cow here (without hearing)

IF TAIWANESE AND CHINESE ARE BEST OF BROTHERS LIKE PAKISTANI AND CHINESE ARE

:smitten:

:yahoo:

WHY BEGRUDGE YOUR TAIWANESE best brothers SOME PATRIOTS FROM USA WHEN U HAVE NO PROBLEM WHEN PAKISTAN also best brothers GETS HARPOONS ?

me thinks by logic

TAIWANESE = STEP BROTHER

PAKISTAN = REAL BROTHER

though both get arms from USA.

We are weak than US, so for now the best way is keep Taiwan's state like present. I have seen some Taiwanese foreign ID cards in japan. There is Taiwan province of People Republic of China written on their ID card. It is enough for us by now. And we can get Taiwan back whenever we want when we are strong enough to counter US.:china:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom