What's new

Obama administration announces $6.4 billion arms sale package to Taiwan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody can hide the truth in this world just by saying that china and taiwan are friends. Please read it. Now US is directly challenging taiwan.
China reaffirms opposition to arms sales to China - People's Daily Online

==.=="
I consider Taiwan being part of China, but under a different government.
plus, why are so many Indians members want to see Taiwan split up from China?
if not but you guys are trying to show/make up such influence.
as if you are working for the Indian government.

By the way, stop reply from your own view, presume that you knew everything on Taiwan issue, as if you are a Taiwanese...
check out how Taiwanese people think... meeting some of them...
before giving out baseless comments, since I cannot see where is your so call truth came from, from what point of view? Did you include Taiwanese people in making such conclusion? How you foresee their feeling upon China Mainland?

I am from Hong Kong, for many yrs i have been going to Taiwan for summer courses, so i think I know more a about Taiwanese than most people here. Also, you can never know how other nations/counties/places people think from just go through media.
+My mom was a Taiwanese... moved to Hong Kong in the early 90s. I still have relatives there too...

Last edited:
==.=="
I consider Taiwan being part of China, but under a different government.
plus, why are so many Indians members want to see Taiwan split up from China?
if not but you guys are trying to show/make up such influence.
as if you are working for the Indian government.

By the way, stop reply from your own view, presume that you knew everything on Taiwan issue, as if you are a Taiwanese...
check out how Taiwanese people think... meeting some of them...
before giving out baseless comments, since I cannot see where is your so call truth came from, from what point of view? Did you include Taiwanese people in make such conclusion? How you foresee their feeling upon China Mainland?

I am from Hong Kong, for many yrs i have been going to Taiwan for summer courses, so i think I know more a about Taiwanese than most people here. Also, you can never know how other nations/counties/places people think from just go through media.

My truth is coming from world media, china news channel etc. I have no knowledge i just representing china thoughts.

The relationship between Taiwan and Mainland... is much more than just consider two government ground, but people.

for example... me....and many others... have relatives in Hong Kong, Mainland China, and Taiwan... there are civilian oppose to any act that may trigger any further conflict, Even within their government, there are groups that oppose to such act. Since as i previously posted, huge % of Taiwanese origin is from the Mainland. the connections between the two, are unimaginable.

Its always so funny to watch some stupid frog in the well thats know

sh@t about the relationship between China and taiwan,

(1) 99% of the people are Chinese in taiwan, they will be proud to tell

anybody they are Chinese, the relationship between the two are

getting better day by day, the majority of taiwan never support any

independent move, China won't allow it to happen and US will never

support it too, since thats mean war.

(2) When some ignorant Indians like to stick their nose into our

internal affair, please first do a little bit research out from your well,

no body in China, taiwan, Japan, Korea have any respect to Indians,

Not to be prejudice, but just like to point out the truth how they feel

about Indians, you represented backwardation, poverty, slums.

(3) Especially extremely funny when i heard some Indians talking

about military base in taiwan, Japan, Korea, do you think they wants

some beggars to create some dirty slums in their countries ?

US selling arms to taiwan means nothing to the reality taiwan is part of China.

I agree with Grey boy (except for the kick in the nuts to his opponents here and there ;) :lol:),

Taiwan is more China than anything else, the people, the culture, religion, history.....everything.

as for the Lady Columbia :-)usflag:), well, it is playing power politics, create a wedge, hammer it in, keep hitting it to weaken your enemy.

If some of my friends here like dear old Steavo [S-2] (dude your'e still quite the young devil , thats just a figure of speech ;), so no hard feelings :lol:) ) would say that there is a law and so on, but in actuality, it is just attempts in the bigger game against China.

Sales to Taiwan is really sad, this is a step towards war and away from peace, and it is also sad that the US is doing this.

:disagree: :frown:

:china:

1000 missiles pointed at taiwan???? thats strange..!!! I wonder what position china is taking in the kashmir debate..!!!! ;)) Moraly they cant support any anti india logic coz of taiwan and tibet..!!! but then their logic is more confusing than their action..!!!

Those missiles are for TI nuts. They prob all have personal names written on the warheads :P

Taiwan independence not a legitimate issue by CCP or KMT standards, they both want reunification (under their own party, off course). KMT considers outer mongolia a part of china, since it was allowed independence after CCP took power. Both laid claim to south china sea islands and both considers Arunchal Pradesh a part of china. (Don't direct flame at me, I'm just stating their official point of view)

Fact is Taiwanses military are still KMT by majority association and pro KMT. I don't think they would like a war with China. At least not over the issue of Taiwan forcing independence.

1000 missiles pointed at taiwan???? thats strange..!!! I wonder what position china is taking in the kashmir debate..!!!! ;)) Moraly they cant support any anti india logic coz of taiwan and tibet..!!! but then their logic is more confusing than their action..!!!

don't understand how would this confuse you... since we consider this internal affairs, its not related to India in the first place, but of coz the US want all its ally to intervene, just like what you are doing.
(playing with media, create civil level influences between civilians)

What is happening now is similar to what US had done in the middle east, breaking/worsening things up, strengthening control, +US military goes side by side with their economy and of coz not to forget resources. in conclusion, simply interrupting others

Finally, "morality" does not exist between nations, its all about direct and in-direct interest, benefits, global strategy, influences
being ally = into the same interest.
nothing to do with good, bad, or even evil.

benefits of foreign military operation (war) : weapon testing, military evaluating, etc etc
all these things can only be done when someone/group provide them an excuse.

Last edited:

Buddy, your post seems a little confusing, the only thing i could

understand was the 1000 missiles pointed at taiwan, like i said before

you guys simply know nothing about the taiwan issue with China, i

won't even bother to go any further.

Kashmir ? you mean Indian illegal occupied Kashmir, Did China show

you with the staple visa on the passport already ?

Tibet ? did your beloved GOI recongnized tibet as part of China ?

DL, the old fool ? what can he do other than doing a few show once in

a while ? how long you think India can play the DL card (80 yrs old) ?

BTW, please don't troll, stay on the topic of arms sales to taiwan.
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Our leader said that for Taiwan issue, we can wait 100years in 50years ago. Now, we are weak than US, so we should foccus on rasing our power economiclly and militarily. There are still 50years time that we can do many things.

China blocks US military visits over Taiwan arms deal

BEIJING: Beijing has suspended visits between the Chinese and US armed forces in protest at Washington's plan to sell weapons worth 6.4 billion dollars to Taiwan, state media said Saturday.

The defence ministry official in charge of foreign affairs, Qian Lihua, had summoned the US Embassy in Beijing's defence attache on Saturday afternoon to complain about the arms deal, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

Defence officials were not immediately available for comment and the agency did not provide further details. Initially, Xinhua had said a military visit was scheduled for Sunday but it removed the reference from later reports.

Deputy foreign minister He Yafei had said in a statement earlier Saturday the arms deal was “bound to damage Sino-US relations, bringing about serious negative impact on exchange and cooperation in major areas between the two countries, causing results that both sides do not want to see”.

The US on Friday approved the sale of an arms package that includes Patriot missiles, Black Hawk helicopters, and communications equipment for Taiwan's F-16 fleet.

The last US arms package for Taiwan, announced under previous president George W. Bush in October 2008, led China to cut off military relations with the United States temporarily.

The latest move constituted “crude interference in China's internal affairs that seriously endangers China's national security and damages China's peaceful reunification”, He said in the statement, which was also delivered to the US ambassador to China, Jon Huntsmen.

China considers Taiwan, where nationalists fled in 1949 after losing the mainland's civil war, to be a territory awaiting reunification, by force if necessary. It had warned Washington repeatedly against the arms sales.

He urged the US “to fully understand the serious harm presented by the arms sales to Taiwan, take seriously China's solemn position and immediately withdraw its mistaken decision to sell arms to Taiwan”.

The sale marks US President Barack Obama's most divisive act toward China, after devoting his first year to broadening ties with Beijing despite discord on areas such as trade, human rights, Internet censorship and climate change.

“This is a clear demonstration of the commitment that this administration has to provide Taiwan the defensive weapons it needs,” State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said on Friday.

The United States since 1979 has recognised Beijing as China's sole government. But Congress at the same time required the United States to sell Taiwan weapons for its self-defence.

Beijing argued again on Saturday that the arms sales violated the US commitment to Beijing's “One China policy”.

Analysts said China this time could retaliate by refusing to support sanctions on Iran, a key US priority. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appealed to Beijing on Iran's nuclear program in remarks in Paris hours before the Taiwan sale was announced.

DAWN.COM | World | China blocks US military visits over Taiwan arms deal

China blocks US military visits over Taiwan arms deal

BEIJING: Beijing has suspended visits between the Chinese and US armed forces in protest at Washington's plan to sell weapons worth 6.4 billion dollars to Taiwan, state media said Saturday.

The defence ministry official in charge of foreign affairs, Qian Lihua, had summoned the US Embassy in Beijing's defence attache on Saturday afternoon to complain about the arms deal, the official Xinhua news agency reported.

Defence officials were not immediately available for comment and the agency did not provide further details. Initially, Xinhua had said a military visit was scheduled for Sunday but it removed the reference from later reports.

Deputy foreign minister He Yafei had said in a statement earlier Saturday the arms deal was “bound to damage Sino-US relations, bringing about serious negative impact on exchange and cooperation in major areas between the two countries, causing results that both sides do not want to see”.

The US on Friday approved the sale of an arms package that includes Patriot missiles, Black Hawk helicopters, and communications equipment for Taiwan's F-16 fleet.

The last US arms package for Taiwan, announced under previous president George W. Bush in October 2008, led China to cut off military relations with the United States temporarily.

The latest move constituted “crude interference in China's internal affairs that seriously endangers China's national security and damages China's peaceful reunification”, He said in the statement, which was also delivered to the US ambassador to China, Jon Huntsmen.

China considers Taiwan, where nationalists fled in 1949 after losing the mainland's civil war, to be a territory awaiting reunification, by force if necessary. It had warned Washington repeatedly against the arms sales.

He urged the US “to fully understand the serious harm presented by the arms sales to Taiwan, take seriously China's solemn position and immediately withdraw its mistaken decision to sell arms to Taiwan”.

The sale marks US President Barack Obama's most divisive act toward China, after devoting his first year to broadening ties with Beijing despite discord on areas such as trade, human rights, Internet censorship and climate change.

“This is a clear demonstration of the commitment that this administration has to provide Taiwan the defensive weapons it needs,” State Department spokesman Philip Crowley said on Friday.

The United States since 1979 has recognised Beijing as China's sole government. But Congress at the same time required the United States to sell Taiwan weapons for its self-defence.

Beijing argued again on Saturday that the arms sales violated the US commitment to Beijing's “One China policy”.

Analysts said China this time could retaliate by refusing to support sanctions on Iran, a key US priority. US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton appealed to Beijing on Iran's nuclear program in remarks in Paris hours before the Taiwan sale was announced.

DAWN.COM | World | China blocks US military visits over Taiwan arms deal

i would support CCP this time if CCP go against US sanctions on Iran.
afterall if US don' give a damn to China's national interests i dont see why China shd care for US interests.
however, i'm not sure China would do that as retailation as the US is still way much stronger than China now. but one day the mighty US will learn its lession.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom