What's new

NYT calls on US to get ISI chief removed

Yes. Pakistan should begin to act solely in its own national interests.

I think a good way to stop US interference would be to break off diplomatic ties immediately, so that ALL US personnel leave, not just a few military advisers.

What do you think about this idea?

The US is the strongest power militarily, financially and diplomatically. When dealing with such thugs, discretion is the better part of valor.

I think a good way to stop US interference would be to break off diplomatic ties immediately, so that ALL US personnel leave, not just a few military advisers.

Why are you so keen on Pakistan breaking ALL ties with the US? I've seen you do this before as well. Showing your true colors? The Pakistan Administration will do whatever it wants for the nation's interest.

Of course something that is from Western Media must always be true - You indians act more Americans then American themselves.I am sure if Iraqi WMD drama was presented today you would be defending NYT..oh wait it was conspiracy..there were no WMD's.

Americans did not find WMDs in Iraq. But they did find Osama in Pak. So kind of 1-1. Just like Osama in Pak can not be used to debunk all claims of Pak not harboring terrorists, similarly the bogey of WMDs in Iraq is kind of past its expiry date...

Americans did not find WMDs in Iraq. But they did find Osama in Pak. So kind of 1-1. Just like Osama in Pak can not be used to debunk all claims of Pak not harboring terrorists, similarly the bogey of WMDs in Iraq is kind of past its expiry date...

What about Raymond Davis being a 'diplomat'?

Why are you so keen on Pakistan breaking ALL ties with the US? I've seen you do this before as well. Showing your true colors? The Pakistan Administration will do whatever it wants for the nation's interest.

I think your and my true colors are the same in that we both think Pakistan should pursue its own national interests as I have highlighted above.

Why?

Ending/limiting diplomatic ties should only be resorted to in case of a breach of international law that the US cannot defend or hide by trumpeting the capture of 'high level Abdul XYZ' - such as a botched raid to get Zawahiri or Omar.

So a successful raid is okay, without any sovereignty issues?

I was obviously mistaken in trying to communicate with and thus aid and influence my local Congress Critters to support Pakistan. Thanks to PDF, I can now see that Pakistan would flourish tremendously as soon as US stops all financial and military support. Hence, I can only come to the conclusion that my efforts now need to change in this new direction.

Would that be a correct summary?

Not that the press of other nations is better but I hope this is another nail into the credibility of the nyt, which is nothing more than a propaganda operation of the us, how ridiculous they look!!

If only I could see Osama to verify this claim!

Why dont our newspapers ask for George bush to be tried as a war criminal. After all the war on iraq was not authorised by UN.

who damn care in pakistan what newyork time bash? pasha will be in office until his term us burn his A$$

Why dont our newspapers ask for George bush to be tried as a war criminal. After all the war on iraq was not authorised by UN.

Because "Might is Right"...they have got balls so they will do things as per their interests...unfortunately rest can just lament...

So a successful raid is okay, without any sovereignty issues?
It isn't, but given the global clout the US has, and its control of the Western media, a 'successful raid' will be very hard to criticize for Pakistan, given the spin the US will put on it, as it did in the case of the OBL raid.
I was obviously mistaken in trying to communicate with and thus aid and influence my local Congress Critters to support Pakistan. Thanks to PDF, I can now see that Pakistan would flourish tremendously as soon as US stops all financial and military support. Hence, I can only come to the conclusion that my efforts now need to change in this new direction.

Would that be a correct summary?
If you have been encouraging your local 'Congress Critters' to support 'aid' to Pakistan, then I believe you have been advocating in favor of something detrimental to Pakistan in the long run.

Pakistan would be much better served if you attempted to influence your local Congress Critters to support greater market access for Pakistan and an end to US double standards on issues such as bringing Pakistan into the NSG and providing it an NSG exemption.

It isn't, but given the global clout the US has, and its control of the Western media, a 'successful raid' will be very hard to criticize for Pakistan, given the spin the US will put on it, as it did in the case of the OBL raid.

So the moral outrage over sovereignty is only for certain situations? RD yes, OBL raid no. I see. Got it.

If you have been encouraging your local 'Congress Critters' to support 'aid' to Pakistan, then I believe you have been advocating in favor of something detrimental to Pakistan in the long run.

Yes, I see that now, and I am stopping that immediately due to my new-found wisdom thanks to PDF.

Pakistan would be much better served if you attempted to influence your local Congress Critters to support greater market access for Pakistan and an end to US double standards on issues such as bringing Pakistan into the NSG and providing it an NSG exemption.

The NSG exemption is a non-starter in the present climate, but I can keep on suggesting it if you think that adding more nuclear fuel to the fire would help (no pun intended).

So the moral outrage over sovereignty is only for certain situations? RD yes, OBL raid no. I see. Got it.
Please stop distorting my arguments - if you are not clear about what I meant, ask.

I am not talking about 'moral outrage', rather pointing out the limitations in forging an official response to illegal US raids in Pakistan when those raids are successful and the US can manipulate the media to paper over the legality of the raid, as it did in the case of the OBl raid.
The NSG exemption is a non-starter in the present climate, but I can keep on suggesting it if you think that adding more nuclear fuel to the fire would help (no pun intended).
NSG negotiations can continue, but the double standards do need to be pointed out - greater market access is a higher priority IMO.

Please stop distorting my arguments - if you are not clear about what I meant, ask.

I am sorry if I gave you that impression. I am trying to educate myself as best as I can, if you don't mind answering all these questions, for which I thank you in advance.

I am not talking about 'moral outrage', rather pointing out the limitations in forging an official response to illegal US raids in Pakistan when those raids are successful and the US can manipulate the media to paper over the legality of the raid, as it did in the case of the OBl raid.

Please correct me if I am wrong, as I probably am, but do you mean it is very hard to argue against US successes from a military and political point? This means Pakistan should have a better plan compared to the aftermath of the OBL raid, if and when al-Zawahiri is found in Pakistani territory.

NSG negotiations can continue, but the double standards do need to be pointed out - greater market access is a higher priority IMO.

Getting the FDA to allow Pakistani mangoes access to the US market took a long time to achieve, and even that has been delayed for now. I will of course continue to argue for greater market access, particularly the textile sector, but the WTO regulations and Indian counter-appeals make life very difficult in this regard. WTO rules that are applicable are designed to prevent double-standards for market access and tarriffs, right? Which "double-standards" (other than the NSG exemption) are you referring to here?

Back
Top Bottom