What's new

Nuclear weapons development must be consistent

another way of saying, Japan isn't going to back off an inch. So how is my servitude comment not the realities on the ground, cause all I see is us back off if we were to be, to use your words, responsible.

Please enlighten me.

Responsibly,

I will not pretend to know the desires of my nation's government, nor do I pretend to know the desires of your nation's government in these future talks. Let us leave some optimism and faith in their abilities to ambulate necessary policies to re-engage each other. After-all, we know , already, the current situation on the ground.

Responsibly,

I will not pretend to know the desires of my nation's government, nor do I pretend to know the desires of your nation's government in these future talks. Let us leave some optimism and faith in their abilities to ambulate necessary policies to re-engage each other. After-all, we know , already, the current situation on the ground.

what do you mean by responsible, let's not evade the question, non of us on this forum represent the government, so either we use personal opinion or we all stop posting.

Don't say negotiate, that's too vague, something specific.

The fact this is the second or third post you didn't mention anything specific means exactly what I said, only china is backing off, according to your definition of responsible.

I always suspect the version of compromise the West's back friends want is for us to lose all our claims. This type of zero-sum game where we back off, walk home empty hand while they gain because it is the responsibility of big power to give up. LOL

what do you mean by responsible, let's not evade the question, non of us on this forum represent the government, so either we use personal opinion or we all stop posting.

Don't say negotiate, that's too vague, something specific.

The fact this is the second or third post you didn't mention anything specific means exactly what I said, only china is backing off, according to your definition of responsible.

We have to ameliorate our differences. And by this, I believe both of us need to abide our 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship. Remember, that Japan abrogated our 1972 Joint Communique with Taipei to engage Beijing. In regards to our varying claims in the East Sea, we should let later generations deal with this issue.

你说大话,我的朋友?
I'm just playing with him. Relax, friend! LOL

We have to ameliorate our differences. And by this, I believe both of us need to abide our 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship. Remember, that Japan abrogated our 1972 Joint Communique with Taipei to engage Beijing. In regards to our varying claims in the East Sea, we should let later generations deal with this issue.
Who broke that 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship first? Why is always us that are to blame for everything? LOL This double standard version is very typical of the West's allies.

Who broke that 1978 Treaty of Peace and Friendship first? Why is always us that are to blame for everything? LOL This double standard version is very typical of the West's allies.

[Article I]
1. The Contracting Parties shall develop relations of perpetual peace and friendship between the two countries on the basis of the principles of mutual respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity, mutual non-aggression, non-interference in each other's internal affairs, equality and mutual benefit and peaceful co-existence.

2. The Contracting Parties confirm that, in conformity with the foregoing principles and the principles of the Charter of the United Nations, they shall in their mutual relations settle all disputes by peaceful means and shall refrain from the use or threat of force.

[Article II]
The Contracting Parties declare that neither of them should seek hegemony in the Asia-Pacific region or in any other region and that each is opposed to efforts by any other country or group of countries to establish such hegemony.

[Article III]
The Contracting parties shall, in the good-neighborly and friendly spirit and in conformity with the principles of equality and mutual benefit and non-interference in each other's internal affairs, endeavor to further develop economic and cultural relations between the two countries and to promote exchanges between the peoples of the two countries.

[Article IV]
The present Treaty shall not affect the position of either Contracting Party regarding its relations with third countries.

[Article V]
1. The present Treaty shall be ratified and shall enter into force on the date of the exchange of instruments of ratification which shall take place at Tokyo. The present Treaty shall remain in force for ten years and thereafter shall continue to be in force until terminated in accordance with the provisions of paragraph 2.

2. Either Contracting Party may, by giving one year's written notice to the other Contracting Party, terminate the present Treaty at the end of the initial ten-year period or at any time thereafter.

IN WITNESS WHEREOF, the respective Plenipotentiaries have signed the present Treaty and have affixed thereto their seals.

DONE in duplicate, in the Japanese and Chinese languages, both texts being equally authentic, at Peking, this twelfth day of August, 1978.

For Japan

For the People's Republic of China

MOFA: TREATY OF PEACE AND FRIENDSHIP BETWEEN JAPAN AND THE PEOPLE'S REPUBLIC OF CHINA

thank you, maybe if we take it further up the rear we can sit at the grown ups table? You engaged us, because we are a major country, and the Americans started to warm to China due to the political climate at the time. You didn't come to our aid when Americans were embargoing us then or even recently, with the arms embargo.

Even if that weren't true, China has made tons of money for Japan, we have paid you back for whatever it is you did then. You know those stories about Chinese being pushed out of their land? It's not just the Japanese, but you guys were involved. The price of development, it's not to say you are evil, but it is to say we have paid you back, if you must go that route.

You last sentence confirmed my theory, and your entire post really, just confirmed, status quo, the status quo we weren't invited to when created.

So bottom line leaving it to future generations is your way of telling me, Japan is not going to compromise on anything right now, but obviously we should to be responsible.

However, I will add, you leaving it to the future is fine with me, because our strength will be far greater in the future, while Japan will remain more or less the same, you are already developed, and while that doesn't mean no development, it does mean you can't keep pace of development with a developing country.

Back
Top Bottom