What's new

Nuclear weapon hasn't enhanced India's security: Ex-diplomat

Let me put it the other way, Nuclear Weapons have actually prevented both the countries from going to a full-fledged war!!!

Hence, saved lives of thousands of civilians and more importantly of soldiers on both ends.
( -the role of Pakistan's weapon of detterance fulfilled!!)

In today's world Nuclear weapon is a show piece for countries to say, don't mess with me!!

Personally, i don't think India would ever go for a war on such a case, no matter what the situation is. And even if a war had happened that would have been an act of stupidity.

I agree Nukes have made the world a more safer place...But also has given immunity to those responsible for strikes like Mumbai.

The conventional superiority of India over Pakistan hasnt reached to a level where India could just over run Pakistan even in a pre nuke environment. Pakistan always maintained a minimum credible deterrence against India.
So while India does enjoy superiority thanks to its size, dont get carried away because the results would have been pretty much the same.

And why would India ever want to over-run Pakistan.??

We just need to strike within a 100 kilometer from the border,inflict damages,destroy militant camps and then return .A question of occupation doesnt arise there.

For example the much quoted "surgical strikes" on the militant camps in P0K could have taken place without any fear of collateral damage due to the usage of nukes.

Labradors will always dream of banana's.. no matter what.

Hey santro , offtopic but i haven't observed till now. Why have u changed ur Avatar, that labrador was cute man. How is it, u told me that it was ur pet right??

P.S. Did it like banana's that much, i wonder never heard dogs eating bananas :eek:

Nuclear weapons are a great deterrence, certainly!

The deterrence is working for Pakistan against India and for India against China.

Mr Aiyer is a very knowledgable man however some of his latest remarks is beyond my understanding....Is he saying that GOI went nuclear for the sake of Pakistan???? I mean our first test was way back in 74 when Pakistan might have not even developed appetite for their own nuclear bomb, no??? Why China do not come into any of his equation???

GoI was under suspicion whether Pakistan was acquiring Nuclear capabilities.. It was a plan enforced to show the world Pakistan is nuclear state which it was denying for long.. India incidently succeeded in its attempt...

1. Nukes strategy failed
2. Cold start failed.
3. Surgical strikes failed!

The idea of bleeding Pakistan through terrorism first hatched in India and sucessfully executed in East-Pakistan. Now the cowards complain when being hit by their own weapon!

1. Nukes strategy failed
2. Cold start failed.

1). Nuke strategy succeeded - we showed to the world that Pakistan already has the nukes, which u exploded at CHagai. :lol:

2 and 3). Too early to tell if they failed. One more 26/11 type attack and we will come to know if they fail or succeed.

:cheers:

The idea of bleeding Pakistan through terrorism first hatched in India and sucessfully executed in East-Pakistan. Now the cowards complain when being hit by their own weapon!

Do you think the strategy of "Bleeding though thousand cuts" is working on India. :no:

Just guess who is bleeding more now.?

1). Nuke strategy succeeded - we showed to the world that Pakistan already has the nukes, which u exploded at CHagai. :lol:

2 and 3). Too early to tell if they failed. One more 26/11 type attack and we will come to know if they fail or succeed.

:cheers:

One more 26/11 80% of there Air base, All western strategic assets and P0K terrorist camp will be taken in 30 minutes without any aggression before the official war starts.. This time we will be doing the preemptive strikes

One more 26/11 80% of there Air base, All western strategic assets and P0K terrorist camp will be taken in 30 minutes without any aggression before the official war is declared..

Certainly wont be that easy as you make it sound in ur post. :lol:

One more 26/11 80% of there Air base, All western strategic assets and P0K terrorist camp will be taken in 30 minutes without any aggression before the official war is declared..

Hey boy its IOK!! get it? in more of tht rant and ur banned(talked to mods abt tht)

Abt 80% air base and stategic assets! :rofl: 10 kadam Pakistan kadam WET DREAMS wont be comming true.... just try sending a jet to ur north and rest assured u will hear lots of KABOOOOOMS near urself.

Hey boy its IOK!! get it? in more of tht rant and ur banned(talked to mods abt tht)

Abt 80% air base and stategic assets! :rofl: 10 kadam Pakistan kadam WET DREAMS wont be comming true.... just try sending a jet to ur north and rest assured u will hear lots of KABOOOOOMS near urself.

You ppl have become obsessed with the 30 min show that came in one of Indian channels.

That channel is a news cum comedy channel and most of things that they air are for entertainment only.

1. Nukes strategy failed
Because of which you went and bought the weapons from China and North Korea... care to explain what exactly failed here?

2. Cold start failed.
Your Army/ISI where crying to US about this and we replied we dont have such strategy... Cant you see how much it failed ? :lol:

Your image in the world is spoiled to dust.. Your help needed for 2 countries a) USA for them to exit WoT and you take there burden on your shoulder b)China for them to spoil our growth for there own benefit.. Lets see how many other countries will be interested to cooperate with you...

You failed to understand how responsible we where even though we acquired nuclear status in early 70's ..

Back
Top Bottom