What's new

Nuclear Ready F16 a handful for Any Foe

Human lives deserve whole numbers, not percentages. Ever heard of any "percentage" of people killed in a war?
Two things. One is known as a ground impact burst, which kicks up a lot of the second thing, radioactive fallout. With these two things, megatons are not needed to erase populations, kilotons are enough.
It is the after-effects of a nuclear war that will continue to diminish affected populations through radiation, extremely cold temperatures and starvation.

The talks of Humanity will be over much before a nuke button is pressed, so leave it there only :)
Let us discuss scenarios only please its better to address how much population of say India or Pakistan can be taken out in direct hits.
Around 3000 nuclear tests has been performed with largest being 50 Megatons of nuke exploded. Not much of nuke winter came our way or starvation.
A 1 MT warhead can only radiates 5 km of area and bring 10 kms of material destruction that is it.

any idea about India how many nukes would India have in next 5 years and amount of average yield?
India is not far behind they can catch-up to Pakistan's nuclear bombs, but there is political opposition to it. When we deal with nuclear Bombs Numbers are not the issues. What if Pakistan wipes out few major Indian cities and India do the same, can we live with that.??

The talks of Humanity will be over much before a nuke button is pressed, so leave it there only :)
I never meant that. I said the human losses are counted in terms of whole numbers, not percentages. So Pakistan's weak-to-strong counter-value deterrence will always be in play as long as the capability is retained.
Let us discuss scenarios only please its better to address how much population of say India or Pakistan can be taken out in direct hits.
As I and @Oscar said, its useless to discuss population annihilation, there will be no winners if you are looking for any.
Around 3000 nuclear tests has been performed with largest being 50 Megatons of nuke exploded. Not much of nuke winter came our way or starvation.
Under. Controlled. Conditions.
Read up on the details of those nuclear tests. All of them (with a few exceptions) were conducted while making sure that no radiation escapes test area or threatens closest populations.
Try imagining ground bursts in the fertile lands of Punjab.
A 1 MT warhead can only radiates 5 km of area and bring 10 kms of material destruction that is it.
Only if it is an airburst, aimed at generating minimum fallout (maximum shockwave). If it is a ground burst and high speed winds are blowing, the threat to human life by radiation increases exponentially.

Absolutely no way the US would allow Pakistani F-16s to be used as nuclear delivery vehicles.

India is not far behind they can catch-up to Pakistan's nuclear bombs, but there is political opposition to it. When we deal with nuclear Bombs Numbers are not the issues. What if Pakistan wipes out few major Indian cities and India do the same, can we live with that.??

taking out few cities will not work, nuclear war doesn't work this way. nuclear war means total destruction if only pakistani strategist think taking out few cities will stop this?
pakistani or Indian nuke attack will be for total destruction of full state if any state falls short of it has not achieved the
strategic target of using the nukes.
Its full destruction of every populated area this should be achieved.

Only if it is an airburst, aimed at generating minimum fallout (maximum shockwave). If it is a ground burst and high speed winds are blowing, the threat to human life by radiation increases exponentially.

you are wrong here, optimum(blast area, fallout) altitude for every nuke detonation is in the air, a ground burst will minimize the impact and 1 MT might not reach even 4 kms out of 10 kms its suppose to destroy and radiations impact also will be limited.
here are the optimum airburst needed to cause maximum destruction both material and nuke fallout.
1 kt / 200 m, 20 kt / 540 m, 1 Mt / 2.0 km, 20 Mt / 5.4 km

you are wrong here, optimum altitude for every nuke detonation is in the air, a ground burst will minimize the impact and 1 MT might not reach even 4 kms out of 10 kms its suppose to destroy and radiations impact also will be limited.
The optimum altitude depends on your target, which is not always going to be population. Hardened storage sites for nuclear weapons, Central command & control bunkers, Arms & Ammunition depts, Air/Naval/Missile bases etc are all targeted by ground impacts, and they may very well be near population centers.

here are the optimum airburst needed to cause maximum destruction both material and nuke fallout.
1 kt / 200 m, 20 kt / 540 m, 1 Mt / 2.0 km, 20 Mt / 5.4 km
There is minimum nuclear fallout with those altitudes but maximum destruction by shockwave. You need to stop using that nuclear blast damage calculator, step back and see a more detailed view of the whole picture.

The optimum altitude depends on your target, which is not always going to be population. Hardened storage sites for nuclear weapons, Central command & control bunkers, Arms & Ammunition depts, Air/Naval/Missile bases etc are all targeted by ground impacts, and they may very well be near population centers.There is minimum nuclear fallout with those altitudes but maximum destruction by shockwave. You need to stop using that nuclear blast damage calculator, step back and see a more detailed view of the whole picture.

Optimum altitude is selected for maximum destruction by the calculation of altitude where the energy generated is equally distributed between 50% blast, 35% thermal radiation,15% nuclear radiation.
Using the nuke just to create maximum radiation will waste the nuke. And as neither India nor Pakistan has enough nuclear weapons then both of the nations will use the nukes optimally.

Optimum altitude is selected for maximum destruction by the calculation of altitude where the energy generated is equally distributed between 50% blast, 35% thermal radiation,15% nuclear radiation.
Using the nuke just to create maximum radiation will waste the nuke. And as neither India nor Pakistan has enough nuclear weapons then both of the nations will use the nukes optimally.
Did you even read and comprehend what I said? Seems like I'm talking to a robot.
Err I think Pakistan would prefer to "waste" a few nukes on those underground hardened tunnels for nuclear weapons & missiles at Jodhpur, rather than "optimally" using them against harmless towns and small cities. It is about your target, not radiation (which is a secondary effect).

Did you even read and comprehend what I said? Seems like I'm talking to a robot.
Err I think Pakistan would prefer to "waste" a few nukes on those underground hardened tunnels for nuclear weapons & missiles at Jodhpur, rather than "optimally" using them against harmless towns and small cities. It is about your target, not radiation (which is a secondary effect).

i am sure India wont be storing any nukes and missiles underground during war, they will be mobile, so its better pakistan uses whatever number of its nukes optimally as the response will be aimed at taking out every single populated area of pakistan also probably including some prominent gulf cities.

It looks as though the Pakistani Army is hell-bent on destroying not only Pakistan but the entire Northern hemisphere too! They seem to really love going back to the old stone age. :fie: In any case, they have nothing much to lose in a nuclear war! :P
Agree with you. You have a suicidal nation sitting right next to you. Anybody would have nightmares if they were in your position calm down:omghaha:

i am sure India wont be storing any nukes and missiles underground during war, they will be mobile, so its better pakistan uses whatever number of its nukes optimally as the response will be aimed at taking out every single populated area of pakistan also probably including some prominent gulf cities.
Well best of luck with that strategy! :tup:

All hail (in)sanity. :tsk:

The numbers are purely for pleasure perspective only. It's like movies when a person with nothing goes and watches movies he feels good. Nukes are same thing for Pakistan it is SRK of Pakistan. Just make people feel better. We have 200 note 300 we are getting better. I am surprised this serious topic has been made into masala movie discussion, more disappointment is with serious people like Oscar writing such post.

In my opinion Pakistan needs nukes for safety that's understood and agreed. However, they overdo and talk about nukes. Nukes will be least resort but everyone keep talking as first resort.

Back
Top Bottom