What's new

Now you understand why China will not support....

I am quoting an ex-IA officer.

Thestateofthearmy001.jpg

Thestateofthearmy002.jpg

He is not accurate.

But then again,he is right about the fact ,historically we've lacked military thought.

Right after Chanakya's Arthashastra texts disappeared in the 12th century.things went downhill from there for another 700 years.

According to the BBC you have more people in poverty than Africa does. Fix that first and maybe you can talk.

For the record, a permanent seat is not the same as a veto. There is no way you're going to get the veto without unanimous support from the P5. Ask Obama if he said anything about a veto. :rofl:

So please quote any other immense or least poor nation which have an economy of more than $ 1 trillion and growing at a rapid pace,i think u cant

as far as i think the voting for permanent seat will b held in general assembly rather the UNSC,so 1 member abstaining or even voting against us does not matter

As far as contention of Brazil is concerned I also want them on board,but if the justification is that Brazil should get a seat and India does not only due to their economy,i think ur this contention will also disappear by the end of next yr as India is to close to Brazil with a gigantic growth rate.

Anyway why only Brazil,Japan and Germany,i support any nation for UNSC which is a democracy

You know, some countries just decided not to go for no apparent reason (other than Oslo is freezing this time of year)...

as far as i think the voting for permanent seat will b held in general assembly rather the UNSC,so 1 member abstaining or even voting against us.

The actual "resolution" has to get through the UNSC, before it can be taken to the general assembly vote.

The resolution can be vetoed by ANY of the P5... for any reason.

The actual "resolution" has to get through the UNSC, before it can be taken to the general assembly vote.

The resolution can be vetoed by ANY of the P5... for any reason.

I know about it,first they have to bring a resolution,but i was talking about the actual voting process,afaik many people here were claiming Chinese support for Brazil and Germany,dont know if it is stated Chinese policy or not,but if it is true then does not make sense for china to block the resoluton.

You know, some countries just decided not to go for no apparent reason (other than Oslo is freezing this time of year)...

That's hardly a reason lol. They've only invited countries with ambassadors in Norway, which means they live there regardless.

I am not particularly interested in any campaign for an SC seat.

It's better to get a de-facto veto rather than a formal veto.

I am not particularly interested in any campaign for an SC seat.

It's better to get a de-facto veto rather than a formal veto.

Ya no problem with it,i also think india's contention for UNSC is blown out of proportion,basically currently we should keep up equipped with the growth of our nation rather than UNSC,we need more room for growth,then we will frankly think about UNSC

Really???? Do you really really believe that?

How many times has Russia or France exercised its veto for India? What kind of guarantee will India have that these two countries will continue to exercise their veto on India's behalf??

The last time i believe was after pokhran test, India have deep relation's with both Russia and France,their their is no such reason due to which they act against Indian interest

de facto-in practice but not necessarily ordained by law

So basically Russian and French votes r currently acting as indian de facto votes

Is not gratis, at least need to know this. Of course, if India did not want to have the right to vote, I think it can certainly achieve it.

Back
Top Bottom