What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

U know what...the Thunder incident realli shocked me...I couldn't expect it to happen means fall like this and the pilot did tried his best but he sacrificed himself....its realli sad, very very sad....
now we have to see the reasons behind this incident...either there was a real fault or something else...a newly built aircraft can't go down like that....plus the eye witnesses saying , it was on fire before falling down....strange to hear that either.....:smokin:

This is the first JF-17 that ever crashed, since its first flight in 2003. The ejection seat contract was given to Martin-Baker, a British company. PAF should to a comprehensive technical review of these seats. Parachute not opening is a serious matter, one worthy of grounding the fleet.

F-16 uses Martin Bakers... Cannot say about JF-17...

Inna Lillah e Wa Inna Ilaih e Rajioon

May Allah grant courage to Shaheed's family.
Indeed a great loss for Pakistan, PAF and the family of the Shaheed.

F16s dont use Martin Baker, F16s use ACES-II ejection seat ... But JF-17 Thunder uses Martin Baker Mk.16 PK16LF, a varient of Mk-16.
This is the same basic model in use in Eurofighter, Rafael, LCA-Tejas, F35 JSF.

More information can be found on
Martin Baker - Mk. 16 high-speed
Martin Baker Aircraft Co. Ltd. - U.K.

Sad Regards,
Sapper

Will the JF-17's still perform at the Dubai show?

Parachute malfunction seems like a serious issue:undecided:

The likes of Mirage-2000s, Fulcrums, Flankers and Grippens have actually crashed while giving an air display.
More than the parachute, i'll say it's the engine which caused both the crash and the casualty.
The pilot could have ejected at such altitude or angle where the parachute didn't have the time to fully deploy.

U know what...the Thunder incident realli shocked me...I couldn't expect it to happen means fall like this and the pilot did tried his best but he sacrificed himself....its realli sad, very very sad....
now we have to see the reasons behind this incident...either there was a real fault or something else...a newly built aircraft can't go down like that....plus the eye witnesses saying , it was on fire before falling down....strange to hear that either.....:smokin:

Let's hope to be a bird hit not any problem in Avionics.

This is the first JF-17 that ever crashed, since its first flight in 2003. The ejection seat contract was given to Martin-Baker, a British company. PAF should to a comprehensive technical review of these seats. Parachute not opening is a serious matter, one worthy of grounding the fleet.
Looking on the Martin-Bakers, hundreds of times their seats fail. We may see that on ejection history's website.
Inna Lillah e Wa Inna Ilaih e Rajioon

May Allah grant courage to Shaheed's family.
Indeed a great loss for Pakistan, PAF and the family of the Shaheed.

F16s dont use Martin Baker, F16s use ACES-II ejection seat ... But JF-17 Thunder uses Martin Baker Mk.16 PK16LF, a varient of Mk-16.
This is the same basic model in use in Eurofighter, Rafael, LCA-Tejas, F35 JSF.

More information can be found on
Martin Baker - Mk. 16 high-speed
Martin Baker Aircraft Co. Ltd. - U.K.

Sad Regards,
Sapper

Thanks for correction.

Every aircraft crashes its not an issue but the worse thing is that pilot is dead.
It will leave a bad impression on Jf-17, no matter what the reason was and at a time when we are hoping a sale deal.
So what we gona do after this, will we ground Jf-17 fleet until investigation completes.

The pilot could have ejected at such altitude or angle where the parachute didn't have the time to fully deploy.

Exactly. It might be possible that the pilot ejected late or the the altitude was low etc etc which didn't allow the parachute to open. Just because parachute didn't open doesn't mean that it is parachute problem. It can be engine or even a bird hit which caused both crash and the causality.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

So what we gona do after this, will we ground Jf-17 fleet until investigation completes.

Obviously. Ground the fleet and investigate what is the reason behind this crash.

Yes! You are absolutely right. thats what issue is important . We shold not get anything imported from the West thats why we can face problems within future.I was thinking maybe we were building our ejection seats plus paracutes. We must develop everything here or from China...We could have saved our precious life.....:cry:

No. We will not ground the Thunders. It's been years they are in service. Though the newly produced Thunders maybe grounded for checking any avionics problems.

This is Squadron Leader Mohammed Hussain
Shaheed.

SqnLdrMohammedHussainShaheed.jpg

Same here.. I was paranoid last night...

---------- Post added at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Many times, not for PAF or anyone else, the Ejection seats have problems.. F-16 uses Martin Bakers... Cannot say about JF-17...

I think we are so much emotionally attached with it ... It has enhanced our sixth sense ...

Exactly. It might be possible that the pilot ejected late or the the altitude was low etc etc which didn't allow the parachute to open. Just because parachute didn't open doesn't mean that it is parachute problem. It can be engine or even a bird hit which caused both crash and the causality.

Sir! the altitude doesn't matters for the ejection seat to open up its parachute.It must open regardless the height of its ejection cuz U can see the ejection of the USAF pilots while performing the Air shows and facing accidents . Many times they ejected right above the ground seconds before the aircrafts to hit the ground and they always opened successfully.. I guess our parachutes realli have a problem We realli lost a precious life here owing to our mistakes. I guess the quality of the parachutes/ejection seats system is compromised....:smokin:

Sir! the altitude doesn't matters for the ejection seat to open up its parachute.It must open regardless the height of its ejection cuz U can see the ejection of the USAF pilots while performing the Air shows and facing accidents . Many times they ejected right above the ground seconds before the aircrafts to hit the ground and they always opened successfully.. I guess our parachutes realli have a problem We realli lost a precious life here owing to our mistakes. I guess the quality of the parachutes/ejection seats system is compromised....:smokin:

Sir jee it matters. There isn't any compromise on ejection seats. JFT is using one of the best ejection seats. Just look at the number of aircraft using this ejection seat. My take is that it is because of the altitude or the angle at which he ejected that parachute didn't open properly.

No. We will not ground the Thunders. It's been years they are in service. Though the newly produced Thunders maybe grounded for checking any avionics problems.

This is Squadron Leader Mohammed Hussain
Shaheed.

SqnLdrMohammedHussainShaheed.jpg
What a handsome man he is...He was a true son of the nation..He did give a sacrifice of his life for the nation...I wish him a great reward in Akhirat and peace....I'm realli getting so much sad that a sincere guy sacrificed everything he had for us ....

Back
Top Bottom