What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

Sir Murad!!!

Salam Aleykum!!! So great to see a post from you, sir...

yes I do agree that given our vast experience with both the French and Chinese aircrafts, we can take them apart and assemble them / overhaul / even some modifications to them (not to mention radars) @ Kamra complex

it is true that "nothing happens" until something happens; meaning at any time there can be a system failure or what have you......while parts can be changed and some service life added --- to what extent can the aircrafts structure itself come into play? Especially given that the air frames age over time.

any info or feedback on it would be helpful.

and again, great to see your post. We all at PDF hope to see more of you Inshallah.

-AZ

A crash most often, does not happen because of a single problem, rather a multitude of snags and problems contribute, and a certain point comes when it turns out to be a serious cause.

I applied in 103 GDP but couldn't make it unfortunately ... how could some 1 from 98 GDP can become an air commodore in such a short period ... and secondly which series of mirage was that ... I mean a ROSE Upgrade or others ... Salute for Shaheed ...

Its sad to hear about this loss, may Allah bless his soul.

And which sqn operates non-rose mirages? (15sqn has currently the oldest Mirages...and they were upgraded to ROSE standard in late 2000) each upgrade adds 12yrs of service to the aircraft...Mirages are still air worthy, even after decades of operational service. PAF has accurately planned their retirement schedule, which will be implemented as documented....crashes/inflight emergencies might add more pressure to squadrons/maintenance and flt safety staff but it has no influence on the overall policy of PAF.

Sad news indeed.May Allah bless shaheed with great heavenly gifts and patience to his family_Aameen

Its sad to hear about this loss, may Allah bless his soul.

And which sqn operates non-rose mirages? (15sqn has currently the oldest Mirages...and they were upgraded to ROSE standard in late 2000) each upgrade adds 12yrs of service to the aircraft...Mirages are still air worthy, even after decades of operational service. PAF has accurately planned their retirement schedule, which will be implemented as documented....crashes/inflight emergencies might add more pressure to squadrons/maintenance and flt safety staff but it has no influence on the overall policy of PAF.

i am starting to think whether we would be able to retire them around 2015...
as jf-17 hasnt gain the pace we expeceted and f-16s are not coming anymore.

A Mirage-V fighter jet of the Pakistan Air Force has crashed during a routine operational training mission near the mountainous area in Uthal area of Lasbela district in the southwestern Balochistan province.

Fighter pilot, Air Commodore Mohammad Asim Paracha was not able to survive the crash and embraced Shahadat.

Air Commodore Mohammad Asim Paracha
took off in his Mirage fighter jet from Masrur Airbase Karachi, and according to the Initial investigation reports, his aircraft crashed after fire erupted in Mirage-V fighter jet.

Some airframes of the Mirage-V fighter jets are over 40 years old which need immediate replacement.

Pakistan Air Force is already inducting JF-17 Thunder fighter jets to replace their old fleet of F-7Ps, A-5s and French Mirage-III/Vs.

Wing Commander Asim was son of Air Commodore (R) Sabir Paracha, belonged to 98th GDP course

WC Asim Piracha has had a ejection before this as well, also from a Mirage. He suffered some injuries I think and was deputed to PAF academy cadets wing.

No. 8 Squadron is for Maritime roles i think, at PAF base Masroor. They carry Exocet missiles as well I think.

He ejected from T37 in academy days, his IP died

Didn't mirage have ejection seats or if they have why didn't he bailed out?

Are you guys sure we are talking about Asim Paracha he should be a wing Commander not Air Commodore. The Shaheed God Bless his Soul was from 98th GDP which should put him in his mid 30's and you cant be an Air Commodore at that age in PAF for certain now a days.
The talk of Mirages getting old or F-7s being old has got nothing to do with the crash. when the engine reaches a certain number of hours it goes for overall. Kamra does a fantastic job when the fighter is given to them I have seen it they take apart each and every part and put it on the floor change what ever is required and them gradually and systematically put everything back which gives the fighter a new life. We have realize that we are dealing with machines and Murphy's law comes into play
if something has to go wrong it will go wrong sooner or later.
Question will be did he try to punch out and if he did was there a misfire.

welcome back our great hero .sir why can't you daily give us 20 minutes please.please.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom