What's new

Notify PAF Aircraft Crashes

F-7P will be replaced soon but not F-7PG.

I understand that PGs are newer than F-7Ps but F-7PGs were bought to increase the numbers rather we were forced to go for it as didnt have any other option at that time. I suppose when we are thru with replacement of older Mirages and F-7s then may be in max 5 years from now F-7PGs should have been replaced by Thunder.We can always find a good customers for them to sell to.Like Nigeria, Sudan, Sri Lanka or even Bangladesh can be potential buyers of these.

Last edited:
Shukar Alhamdulillah the pilot is safe.. PAF need to replace F-7's ASAP and even Mirages....

I understand that PGs are newer than F-Ps but F-7PGs were bought to increase the numbers rather we were forced to go for it as didnt have any other option. I suppose when we are thru with replacement of older Mirages and F-7s then may be in max 5 years from now F-7PGs should have been replaced by Thunder.We can always find a good customers for them to sell to.Like Nigeria, Sudan, Sri Lanka or even Bangladesh can be potential buyers of these.
they will serve longer than 5 years. After replacing mirages F-7Ps we don't have potential to quickly retire PG too it will take time. F-7 PG has a long life to go.

Mig -21 and its copies should say goodbye to South Asian Skies as soon as possible .

@Horus @Windjammer
I just asked Air Commodore ( R) Kaiser Tufail about the crash here is the conversation. :

Respected Sir, I have a question about F7 PG crash today. if it comes out to be a Mechanical Malfunction of the Aircraft after the investigations don't you think we must replace these F7s and Mirages with JF-17s soon.

When was the inquiry done?

If we lose a JF-17 or an F-16, should we replace them with something new?

The F-7PG is newer than the F-16, by the way.

Thank you sir I highly trust our Air force management. But so many people saying that the Mirages and F-7 etc are now flying confines.

Only ill-informed people on defense forums are saying that.

You can't make a judgement within a few hours of a crash. An inquiry takes several weeks, sometimes months. The PAF knows what remedial action to take.

Crashes are part if the game.

Flying is risky business. Machines are not perfect; they fail. So do humans.

Me : Nicely explained sir smile emoticon
Thank you for your time.

they will serve longer than 5 years. After replacing mirages F-7Ps we don't have potential to quickly retire PG too it will take time. F-7 PG has a long life to go.

Inventory of PAF other than PGs in next 5 years can be like Rose Mirages, F-16s and Thunders and these all are far superior to PGs with generation gaps in between. So PGs might lose their utility except to show a blip on radar, air policing western borders (which they are doing now too) or used in Army Exercises. PGs wud find it difficult to blend it just like A-5s and F-6s and wud lose active role at that time to superior aircraft at that time. So we have to concentrate on that area and those circumstances.

Shukar Alhamdulillah the pilot is safe.. PAF need to replace F-7's ASAP and even Mirages....
Inventory of PAF other than PGs in next 5 years can be like Rose Mirages, F-16s and Thunders and these all are far superior to PGs with generation gaps in between. So PGs might lose their utility except to show a blip on radar, air policing western borders (which they are doing now too) or used in Army Exercises. PGs wud find it difficult to blend it just like A-5s and F-6s and wud lose active role at that time to superior aircraft at that time. So we have to concentrate on that area and those circumstances.
In next 5 years other than thunders there will b a new aircraft showing off soon may b J-10 but not sure. F-7PG will not lose their utility, Still China uses it's j-7. If we are gona finish off F-7 fleet completely what's gonna do the interception job for us, It is easy to say but this isn't gona happen that soon. Today PAF is in need of jet's, as a member said earlier in 13 years we only lost 6-7 of them 2 in a air collision this is not a machine error so, left with 4-5 crashes,..!! look at the rate at which mirages are crashing are the replaced till yet ?????? PAF needs jets today , jet's which are flying well and don't have high crash ratio will not b retired that soon as PAF is aiming to increase number of jet's in its fleet, In the last mirage crash the most newest mirage of PAF crashed our F-16s crashed shall we retire our F-16's too ??? i mean they are older than F-7PPG they also crashed shall we retire them too ???? what will be left if we retire F-7PG too just F-17 and thunder. PAF is not gona retire PG in 5 years it will serve longer

Its all about the number of Hours which the Airframe has clocked, rather than the Number of years.

Due to the Iraq and Afghan Wars, USAF was forced to retire dozens of fighters after 20-25 years, mainly because they had completed their technical life of 8000-10000 Hrs

The F7PG has an airframe life of 2500 Hrs, If the fighter is flown at normal rate, then it should remain useful for 20 years, As per Indian Air-force Records, majority of Mig21 crashes have happened after the airframe has completed its technical life of 2500 hours, infact average age of a Mig21 lost to crash was 2700 hours and 26 years

@Horus @Windjammer
I just asked Air Commodore ( R) Kaiser Tufail about the crash here is the conversation. :

Respected Sir, I have a question about F7 PG crash today. if it comes out to be a Mechanical Malfunction of the Aircraft after the investigations don't you think we must replace these F7s and Mirages with JF-17s soon.

When was the inquiry done?

If we lose a JF-17 or an F-16, should we replace them with something new?

The F-7PG is newer than the F-16, by the way.

Thank you sir I highly trust our Air force management. But so many people saying that the Mirages and F-7 etc are now flying confines.

Only ill-informed people on defense forums are saying that.

You can't make a judgement within a few hours of a crash. An inquiry takes several weeks, sometimes months. The PAF knows what remedial action to take.

Crashes are part if the game.

Flying is risky business. Machines are not perfect; they fail. So do humans.

Me : Nicely explained sir smile emoticon
Thank you for your time.
and are you just a civilian or in the PAF yourself ?

F-7PG is way more maneuverable than F-7P and all the Mirages. Its 25.2 deg/sec max. instantaneous and 16 deg/sec max. sustained turn rates are quite decent if you consider that F-16s 26+ deg/sec max. instantaneous and 18+ deg/sec max. sustained turn rates. Also it houses a different and more advanced radar Grifo-7MG compared to the F-7Ps Grifo-7mk.II radar that has a track while search range of 55km for 5m2 targets. Its radar performance is close to that of the Grifo-M3 radar of the ROSE-I Mirage. Till the induction of the JF-17 Thunder ... the PGs were considered the 2nd most potent platform in the PAF.

Back
Top Bottom