What's new

Not so secular India

It is very tough to understand, we are getting comment from Pakistan: (where democracy was never respected.) and China (The country who never listen to the own country people.)…

india-eid-2011-8-31-3-1-12.jpg

Only happens in non secular India. This is Delhi Gurgaon expressway. Handles about 180,000 vehicles everyday:lol:

BJP exploits religious bigotry by telling majority Hindus ("us") that Congress panders to Muslims and Christians ("them").

You are just floating in the air.... doing circles... no way near to reality...

the same happens in Russia too, whats your point?

Not on an expressway it doesn't.

Point is that all this debate and argument, a Indian Muslim leads a normal life, without any problems. Shows the tolerance in Indian society. In no other country people would be Ok with Muslims blocking an expressway for 3 hours.

the same happens in Russia too, whats your point?

U still can't see his point??? how much can hatred blind a person... tch tch....

I sincerely invite u to India, plz come and stay at my house... visit the country, and then we can have this talk again.... U r too ignorant about India... We have a lot of negatives, a lot of chaos, but MAN, if there could be an extreme of secularism, that has to be HERE!!! U don't need to believe me, just come, visit, and see for urself.

The same BJP proposed Kalam as India's president, their India of Hindutva is controvercial but theyr stuck to it by making Kalam India's president, a nationalistic muslim steeped in indian culture.

Symbolic appointments can not negate the "us v/s them" mentality promoted by BJP.

Congress changed indian constitution to pander to bigoted muslim sentiment in the shah bano case, denying justice to a poor woman. Calling that pandering what it is and saving secularism is not bigotry, also that does not make BJP a hindu party.

I am not saying Congress hasn't made mistakes, but their philosophy is to look out for disadvantaged groups, whether they are Muslim, Christian, Dalit ... In democracy, that is the bigger challenge -- the majority will look out for itself by force of sheer numbers. It is the minorities that need to be protected from "mob rule".

Indian public has rejected religious issues .. What matters is not religion but food, job, development

Yes and, when a middle class Hindu doesn't get a job or university entry, BJP tells him whom to blame: you lost out because Conbress reserved that position for a Muslim/Christian/Dalit.

Only happens in non secular India. This is Delhi Gurgaon expressway. Handles about 180,000 vehicles everyday:lol:

We are talking abour secularism, not freedom of religion. These are two separate concepts.

You are just floating in the air.... doing circles... no way near to reality...

You forgot to mention Pakistan in your post.

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:23 PM ----------

Point is that all this debate and argument, a Indian Muslim leads a normal life, without any problems. Shows the tolerance in Indian society. In no other country people would be Ok with Muslims blocking an expressway for 3 hours.

Did they have a valid permit for those three hours? Then what's the big deal?

Same thing happens all over the world when people hold parades on routes. They get a permit and are allowed exclusive use of the road for that duration.

We are talking abour secularism, not freedom of religion. These are two separate concepts.

There is no doubt and debate about India's secularism. The country, law, constitution is not based on any particular religion and doesn't favour or discriminate against any religion. And it will never change no matter who comes to power.

All this discussion so far has been about religious tolerance and freedom of religion.

Did they have a valid permit for those three hours? Then what's the big deal?

Same thing happens all over the world when people hold parades on routes. They get a permit and are allowed exclusive use of the road for that duration.

No permit needed in India.

Lies and Hatred against Hindus in Pakistani Media (English Subtitles)

^^^^:pakistan::pakistan::pakistan:

"What a shame! This is propaganda against India in the name of religion. This is why religious fanatics are born in Pakistan- the hub of global terrorism. This ain't a joke. The topic that they'ce picked up is very serious and only shows that Pak doesn't value peace and humanity to a great extent"

Last edited by a moderator:

Sure they live a normal life, unless they live in an area prone to communal violence..such as in the north. Where religion does mix with politics and usually Muslims lose in what is essentially a secular political motive.
But there are many states that have Muslims being able to perform their rites, and I doubt that no one minds it.
Even in that expressway photo.. must have been some bloke going "damn Muslas".

U still can't see his point??? how much can hatred blind a person... tch tch....

I sincerely invite u to India, plz come and stay at my house... visit the country, and then we can have this talk again.... U r too ignorant about India... We have a lot of negatives, a lot of chaos, but MAN, if there could be an extreme of secularism, that has to be HERE!!! U don't need to believe me, just come, visit, and see for urself.

Ive been to India , thank you for your sweet concern.. loved the experience, but still think my country was a better idea for Muslims(or at least a loose federation).

video: from chinese:china: media!! (only 1 year old!!)

^^^^ most dangerous country for minorities after somalia!!!:pakistan:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pakistanis will always maintain that Muslims in India are worse off because otherwise, there is no justification for the creation of a a state called Pakistan. Spending time trying to change opinions are worthless, simply because the other side is dug in trying to justify their nation's purpose.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:11 PM ----------

@ developero,

They dont ask for permits, nor do they need to. This is India.

Pakistanis will always maintain that Muslims in India are worse off because otherwise, there is no justification for the creation of a a state called Pakistan. Spending time trying to change opinions are worthless, simply because the other side is dug in trying to justify their nation's purpose.

On the other end, Indians will keep justifying the equal treatment of all citizens in communal strife cases as it justifies the secular tag on India.. spending time trying to change opinions there are worthless as well.

There is no doubt and debate about India's secularism. The country, law, constitution is not based on any particular religion and doesn't favour or discriminate against any religion. And it will never change no matter who comes to power.

All this discussion so far has been about religious tolerance and freedom of religion.

Actually, as I wrote some pages back, the debate is less about whether India is secular, but more about whether the secularism is under threat from rising Hindu nationalism.

A lot of people see India's rise as a revival of Hindu identity. The question is what impact it will have on India's secularism.

Sure they live a normal life, unless they live in an area prone to communal violence..such as in the north. Where religion does mix with politics and usually Muslims lose in what is essentially a secular political motive. But there are many states that have Muslims being able to perform their rites, and I doubt that no one minds it. Even in that expressway photo.. must have been some bloke going "damn Muslas".

The only state where religion plays a part is Uttar Pradesh. Muslims are pretty much the kingmaker in UP.

And there is no area prone to communal violence as such. The frequency of communal violence is going down as India progresses.

Back
Top Bottom