What's new

Not my boys: Gen Kiyani Rejects Operation in Karachi

Army has a history of nurturing terrorist, the today TTP were once good boys of IJI.

TTP was never a part of any real freedom fighter/Talibaan group. They were 'never' good boys, matter of fact nobody even knew any of them prior to 2005/06 I believe.

Sometimes it is far more convenient to forget facts like that. ;)

Endorsement of stupidity is a higher step of stupidity.

I honestly think only way out for Pak, is to turn truly secular. accept all religion as equal. and within muslims sects like sunni will be the same as ahmabdi muslims and shia muslims. that will only be the first step to heal.
after that things like democracy can take shape.

That does not happen in India, yet India is much more democratic. There is more divide b/w Hindu casts today then there every was yet democracy prevails in India.

Mr Kiyani knows that local law enforcement agencies are so incompetent that if Army intervene they will need to stay in karachi forever....Just like Malakand, Bajaur, etc...

The best solution is to fund the police and other law enforcement agencies in all of Pakistan..... Karachi police was patrolling on "udhar ka patrol" last week as reported by geo.... One official was asked how the cars are running and he replied "Allah chala raha hai"....seriously?

As someone said "Soldier kills people, Cops saves them"...... we need better cops for internal matter not better army.

BTW 00:57 ...our hurt locker :)

The area seems like gulbahar flyover ...... one of the most crowded area of peshawar....

I would rather send these jawans-officers prematurely homes with early retirements-pensions and call upon educated sensible men-women recruited on merit. There are thousands of boys-girls 20-25 without Job I would fairly want to see them being employed. Remember we need quality feeling pity won't solve problems. Ofcouse there are many who are on merit but there are many who are not. Police Force should never be poorly equipped.

No I don't want this police..
pakistan-police.jpg

we have these but they are most likely busy in protecting the politicians and kidnapping bakery employees

I was in doubt that army is in MQM pocket but now there should be no doubt in anybody's mind..ISI made mqm and now they are repaying the favour in the name of killings on the streets of Karachi .

Than the likes of you will say.. only army which conquer its own people.

you just cant please some people

army must stay out of Karachi. I guess a major issue is ethnic and political. if there is no political will then tanks and troops cant improve the situation. it will only give the terrorists another reason to take advantage from the chaos.

I was in doubt that army is in MQM pocket but now there should be no doubt in anybody's mind..ISI made mqm and now they are repaying the favour in the name of killings on the streets of Karachi .

hahahaaha ... you are so delusional

Well its not about being in someone's pocket.
I think it is a right move specially with all the hue and cry going on about Army involvement in internal issues.
You either have to reject it or learn to live with it. The Gov and other institutes will learn why is army required in such situation and why are they here.
the only sorry fact is that this lesson will be learned on expense of precious lives and property damage. Sometimes, one need to think beyond personal matters and grace/disgrace to serve the country.
But still, an acceptable move, at least some public opinion that is being purposely damaged by BS media reporting will be changed for good! We need to stand united and some loss to get this unity is fine for me.

Raw and crude, but this is the reality to me

We need Southern Frontier Corps for Karachi.

It is not a claim, it is a FACT!

So is the fact that Karachiites do not get to elect or post adviser to the interior minister as per their will. Fact is that matters of policing, maintenance of law and order (Interior Minister) and real authority of administration of the city (Chief Minister) has always resided with those who are elected by people from outside Karachi i.e. interior Sindh.

So stop blaming those who actually make informed, intelligent decisions!

You are at the height of denial. I don't even want to go in to the 90's!

Electing MQM again and again which has known militant wing is a very informed, intelligent decision. Thats great! Thats why you dont have solution to the violence in Karachi. So blame it on Taliban!

And by the way, your great MQM is in government all the time. If you dont have an adviser to CM, you do have a life time governor!

Thats why its hard to digest when MQM and its sympathisers lie like you and your intelligent elected leaders. Your leaders intelligence work only in getting into government, not doing something a government ought to do.

Oh, I'm not saying a Prussian-type system can't work. I'm saying that as far as Pakistan is concerned it won't work. Pakistanis aren't Germans; as Anatol Lieven put it, any Pakistani in a position of power, no matter how petty, abuses his authority. You can't build the Prussian system in such a society; each corrupt Junker would have to be shown the door and there would be no one left to do administration - no one who would respond to the State's authority, anyway.

Go to any government department in Pakistan, a security official on the gate is the god you have to praise and pray first before you even think of seeing another god sitting in the office! This how bad abuse of authority is there.

Reject Operation in NWO
Reject Operation in Karachi
Fails to take action against border intrusion.

Pak Army - the most decorative army a state can have!

I really do pity people like you , When Army takes Action you say they are abusing their power , the are dictators , & when they dont take action you say they dont care for the country only for themselves , There is just no pleasing people like you .

The Job of the Army is the protect the National Borders & make sure we dont become the Next Afg , Iraq , Syria , Palestine , and they are doing a pretty damn good job regarding that.

People who can only talk & make Dream Castles while sitting in their comfortable chair , who dont even know the 10% history of Pakistan & yet know the Name of every Movie , Film star , who only get shot while playing video games & dont have nerves to stand up against the strong , Dont have any right to question those who stay awake at night so you can sleep , who take the first bullet fired at you & yet there is no pleasing people like you.

Pathetic !

people like you are the base of what is wrong with the country.

Its not army's job to clean up if people elect such parties who have militant wings and who indiscriminately kill the very people they are supposed to protect.

If army comes in launches a ruthless operation, the 'intelligent and educated' people who vote in Karachi will keep reciting the tales of their mazloomiat for the next two decades all the while killing their opponents in a turf war.

There used to only one party which had weapons in Karachi. Then it was still easier to manage. But instead the solution these political mafias imposed on Karachi is to let everyone have weapons and kill each others people. The result is a total chaos and every type of mafia in Karachi going out of control.

Go to any government department in Pakistan, a security official on the gate is the god you have to praise and pray first before you even think of seeing another god sitting in the office! This how bad abuse of authority is there.
& thats every where try it in pentagon, you will find more worse?

Oh, I'm not saying a Prussian-type system can't work. I'm saying that as far as Pakistan is concerned it won't work. Pakistanis aren't Germans; as Anatol Lieven put it, any Pakistani in a position of power, no matter how petty, abuses his authority. You can't build the Prussian system in such a society; each corrupt Junker would have to be shown the door and there would be no one left to do administration - no one who would respond to the State's authority, anyway.

Oh so its a racial problem?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom