What's new

Not my boys: Gen Kiyani Rejects Operation in Karachi

As a major supporter of the Army I am disappointed.

They fear media more than bullets.

:disagree:

As a major supporter of the Army I am disappointed.

They fear media more than bullets.

:disagree:

They don't fear media, but after past bitter experiences they are not in a mood to again become a scape goat for politicians failure before election. Everyone knows what was the role of media before & after operation Lal Masjid. Hamid Mir was the one who was crying wolf that why army is not taking action, and once army kill the snakes in Lal Masjid, Hamid Mir till date leave not a single moment to malign Army. Its time, that army completely isolate itself from the political mess created in Karachi. 3 Parties are involved there. Let the media, judiciary and politicians sort it out by themselves.

Despite Saudi security apparatus is far more effective and efficient than Pak.
We must hire some of these fat breath catching soldiers too.

It is more a situation created by society and politics. I am sure if police force is given same freedom as Saudi, they would do a lot better. The need is of rulers like Saudi.

Is pakistan has paramilitary force like india has CRPF and all other. They can be use for internal problems...

The traitors wants to involve army in cities, first there will be karachi, when army got fully involved in the karachi, then there will be Quetta, then other cities, they wanted to remove the army from border and involve the army where the government is intentionally being failed. If the army involves in the cities then this weaken the border and army fight against the terrorist TTP.

This whole scenario will make the border security weak and good chance for the ISAF and Cold start doctrine to make their move.

Even not so the attack of TTP on villages will increase further increasing the hate among the tribal areas against Pakistan.....

now a Civ Govt is there why army jump in to hotwater....i agree with COAS

Is pakistan has paramilitary force like india has CRPF and all other. They can be use for internal problems...

There are rangers who also happen to be extremely incompetent.

The traitors wants to involve army in cities, first there will be karachi, when army got fully involved in the karachi, then there will be Quetta, then other cities, they wanted to remove the army from border and involve the army where the government is intentionally being failed. If the army involves in the cities then this weaken the border and army fight against the terrorist TTP.

This whole scenario will make the border security weak and good chance for the ISAF and Cold start doctrine to make their move.

Even not so the attack of TTP on villages will increase further increasing the hate among the tribal areas against Pakistan.....

Army isnt doing any remarkable job in stopping TTP bigots.

now a Civ Govt is there why army jump in to hotwater....i agree with COAS

Army job is at the border, not in cities.

Kiyani wants others to take responsibility for whatever goes wrong. Yet the civil gov't doesn't have the power to remove from command even one general who proves incompetent or criminal; Kiyani and his corps commanders resist changing the Army's status from supremo to subordinate institution.

Are the civilians doing the right thing, playing chicken and refusing to take the bait?

Kiyani isn't just wanting people to take responsibility for no reason. The mess in Sindh was created by the political parties on regional gang basis, sort of you close your eyes and I will make a gang militia in this 30 mile radius and you do that on the other 30 miles and we both make money through drugs, ransom, political assassinations, etc, etc, and to remain in power by forcefully controlling the vote bank.
So when political parties are involved in creating such a big militant network, he doesn't want the army to take the bait and walk into a political firestorm. If he just did that, then the political parties who'll lose their gang members, killers, terrorists....will bash the army. I think the army has gotten smarter so they want the political leadership to decide, announce the gov't's will and pave the way. Without political support, it'll be destructive for the already-falling reputation of the PA.
Similarly, if the SWAT and some of the FATA areas didn't have the political backing, the army would never have been able to clear that area and have goodwill left. They are trying to do the same in NW as well. First run an information campaign, create political and otherwise sympathizers and then do the operation. Otherwise ops like these will result in more terrorist being born than the dead.

You want Army to sort out Karachi, then give the Army seat in government, which it deserves.

That is what I believe.

You want Army to sort out Karachi, then give the Army seat in government, which it deserves.

That is what I believe.
No, thats not a long term solution....we all know that later they lose interest in stepping down:D

@ topic: Ending politics based selection in police, ending terrorist wings/no-go areas of political parties are the key solution to solve law and order situation of Karachi.

I am confused : Why people drag Army into every thing and then ask them to go back, where is civil moment or lawyer moment , If you think that the government has failed to provide security then don't elect them and if you will elect them again then its your own fault bare it.
I was studying inflation and devaluation of currency in Pakistan and you know Pakistani rupee has always lost its major value under a democracy and was always stable under a dictator , why ???? Musharraf ten years of inflation was one ten of the current democracy plus he borrowed way less in ten year then PPP did in four years.

Army isnt doing any remarkable job in stopping TTP bigots.
orignal post by somebozo:-

Can any body explain who is sponsering TTP....we are fighting in three ways....inside, on borders, and in also internationaly
i salute my army .....long live Pakistan:pakistan:

He says Army will not do operation in Karachi & on the other hands he says he will if Civilian Govt says him to .. :undecided:

He said that a military operation was not the solution to Karachi problem. But the Military will have to respond if the Civilian government orders them to.

Cant see the vid...but i saw the tickers running on channels..tht he rejected Army operation in karachi.. I think its a very good decision by him..bcoz as we all know...tht those doing target killing in karachi are from militant wings of all "political parties".. So, if Army does operation, it will have to act those militant wings of political parties to do the clean up..and when workers of political parties will be targetted...then they will start doing propaganda..tht innocent ppl in karachi are being targetted by army..and then we know our media..who always like to bash army at every opportunity....we know how wud they love to follow the propaganda of political parties then and exploit the situation on media..esp the likes of Asma jehangir, Najam Sethi, Hamid Mir and many others.. So its best tht Army stays out of this mess...

Besides, there is a much better solution to this problem.

We need SWAT for counter terrorism and new generation police force. Our police is highly illiterate and incapable we need a complete from the ground up structure and recruitment of men-women educated.

This has been said time and again, yet we see no real results. Karachi, a city of 20 million, needs a police force atleast 2,50,000 strong which is dedicated to the city and not to the VIP duty, there should be a parallel force, under the police force, to protect the VIPs. Furthermore, the police recruitment process should be transparent and minimum criteria should be atleast 12 years of education for Sepoy's, a DSP/SSP should be atleast have a Bachelor degree preferably in a newly formed course in security or policing.

All cadets must also be trained in human resources and must be given a course on ethics & etiquettes. Finally, all police actions should be monitored autonomously and analysed for illegal/unnatural activities. All policemen should be accountable for their actions and must have legal cover to disobey any illegal order by any authority. All police activities should be computerized and must have an audit trail.

And the obsolete CSS system should be discarded altogether.

The people of Karachi, who claim to be educated with middle class values have the utmost responsibility to elect people from those parties who dont have militant wings.

It is not a claim, it is a FACT!

So is the fact that Karachiites do not get to elect or post adviser to the interior minister as per their will. Fact is that matters of policing, maintenance of law and order (Interior Minister) and real authority of administration of the city (Chief Minister) has always resided with those who are elected by people from outside Karachi i.e. interior Sindh.

So stop blaming those who actually make informed, intelligent decisions!

Why would they take on for example MQM when it was created by them ? They have not taken action against any group that was part of their creation historically so it only makes sense rather very clearly what Mr kayani is saying. ..... "not my boys"

You are at the height of denial. I don't even want to go in to the 90's!

Back
Top Bottom