What's new

Not battle-ready before 2027, admits Indian Army

2)My friend IA may have numerical edge over PA not technical or equipmental for example DUDE GET REAL U DONT EVEN HAVE A MOVING ARTY..
Care to explain how and which top-notch equipment are you refering to....also this article is ment to keep the funds flowing for Indian Defence requirments, keeps our lazy leaders on there toes. Even China has to start building 27 new airstrips in Tibet against our 4-6 airstrips along north east border. I mean if that doesn't explain about there concerns about Indian capabilities, then what is.:cheers:

Well, I'm not saying that Indian's doesn't regard US as a hyper power. But its also noteworthy that US and India interest does collide such as environmental issues.

The liking towards US was a new phenomenon as far as India is concerned. It all started with second term of Clinton. Bush continued the policies with vigor. Obama is still thought in India with some suspicion but still fares well when you compare with the treatment with 50% of population there (aka Fox News and Republicans). This is common man's prospective.

In terms of national policies, US needs India a stalwart projection against China - the only country in the region that has any capacity to stand against China. US is hooking India, Japan and Australia in some sort of alliance and they are in talks of using similar equipment so that they could use cross-board for maritime interests of each of the countries.

Well, if everything stays the same as the past 20 years, that prediction would be true. But things usually would change when you look that far away. Also, PPP terms are bull crap. Its the actual value that counts.

Yes, it is possible. Similarly it also possible that US can stick out like Japan in never ending deflation cycle. We will see whether Keynesian theory can work in large economies like US.

After negative consumer saving for a decade there is a possibility that US might have some saving for future investment. Whereas Chinese consumer savings are getting close to 40%.

PPP is more valuable when you compare with China because a huge chunk of Chinese military hardware is produced using Chinese labor and over abundant Chinese raw materials. That clearly shows its capacity not because US spends the largest dollars while each soldier has to be paid 40K/year compared to a Chinese soldier who could get paid about 5K/year. So, PPP matters a lot, especially w.r.t China.

What US has is in advantage is technology and if China's economy equals that of US, the US tech is still out of reach. As for spying, I'm certain that US supplies components that works most of time but would cause catastrophic failures "occasionally". Also, I'm certain that US has crack China's communication encryption, along with India and Russia's. So US is fully aware of China's military development. US just not publish them.

Agreed!

China would invade Taiwan as much as it would invade HK. Which means it would not if conditions remains the same. So it doesn't have a time line as you say.

You are mistaken my friend. Chinese navy is expected to surpass US navy though it will take time to get through technological curve.

ASIAN DEFENCE: The Chinese navy is going blue water

It is a matter of time, China might attack India to show US to back away from Taiwan or launch economic and/or militarily against US. If there is a weak President in US then they will push it through and the world would just stand by!

In terms of negotiate terms, US can cancel all the debt to China or nogotiate down. But the US is waiting for India to start buying debt from the US first.

I think you should read more of history to see whether debtor has more say in the matter or the lender has more say in the matter.

Both countries opposed the Soviet Union in Cold War confrontations but went through another crisis in 1956. When France, Britain, and Israel attacked Egypt, which had recently nationalized the Suez Canal and shown signs of warming relations with the Soviet Union and China, Eisenhower forced them to withdraw. The Suez Crisis had a profound impact both on the UK (which subsequently aligned its foreign policy to that of the U.S.) and on France (which began to consider that the U.S. could not be counted upon as a reliable ally).

Source: France ? United States relations - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Eisenhower declared that US will sell all the debts given to Britian and France if they were to attack Egypt under Marshall Plan. Than itself changed the decision of England and France.

And regarding your comment on India, I am sorry to say but I think you need to read some economics. India's national economic policy is not based on export model solely. India's currency (rupees) even is not freely floatable, has limited currency trading which avoids currency manipulation unlike Chinese. Chinese development is based on cheap and predictable currency value and thereby provide sustainable advantage to the companies providing end products there.

If you look at also, India has managed its monetary policies far better than any country during this recession. It is consistently buying gold to back its currency. Though India's reserve currency position is one of the highest in the world is not entirely based on US dollars, but it has enough Euros and Pounds to back up.

And your theory that because US will inflate its way out of trouble will solve the issue is just an illusion as:
1. If US inflates a lot faster or lot more than necessary, the US's savings will be hurt consequently and so would the cost of products sold there.
2. And, if other countries know that this is the official policy, you would find low interest rate - one of hallmarks to produce cheapest source of funds to companies will disappear and so would all the jobs. (Ofcourse, they will balance at some point but the cost will be high).

You are relying on CIA projection too much. Do not trust CIA too much as Bush can tell you.
No its not just CIA projection. It is projection from any economic outlet. Be it Goldman Sachs, Pricewater CooperHouse or Deusche.

Even if China's economy equal that of US, the Chinese technology would be far behind that of the US. As your statement clearly stated above, defence development and research need hardcore cash and intellect. The US is getting its hard cash from China and intellect from India and China as well as home grown ones plus Europeans. US is currently distancing itself from the rest of the world in terms of technology. Right now, no enemy jet fighter can belong to the same sky as an American fighter. In the future, no infrantry man can stand in the same battlefield as an American infrantry man.
Yes, in today's world US provides far better opportunities to foreign intellects. But in the world where GDP/capita is 90K/year in US and 46K/year in China - I think it is not as titled in the case now where GDP/capita is 50K/year in US and 3K/year in China.

The added incentive will be lost for migration of better talent from less developed to more developed.

Also, China is printing a lot of money base on US bonds. Once US declare that we cannot pay those debts, China's economy would suffer. But the US government would not do that until India start to purchase US debts.

You are horribly wrong here. Though China depends upon US as market and Chinese economy would suffer if they go to war with US, so would US's.

Forget the Chinese, who else will be willing to fund US's trillion deficit year in, year out, when a country will default. I am sorry to say USSR was not able to default on its loan and walk away because it was powerful.

The threat that US faces with China is far more severe in long term than what US faced with USSR. USSR at the height of its power was just 50% of US's economy and forget even that US was a partner of NATO. China's economy is expected to double the US's economy while at the same time, Europe's population is decreasing and increased Islamic population migration might make it at odds with US's objective and hence the value of NATO.

The purpose of these statements is just to increase and fasten the weapons purchase. Now i realize the only benefits of Democracy. all Indian military officers are intelligent enough to make these statements and then opposition party will take care of them in parliament and do the rest of work. This is done all over the world, but Indians are more smart in doing this. There is no other purpose of this statement. current Indian military might more then enough to wipe out any neighboring country with in one week except China.

Care to explain how and which top-notch equipment are you refering to....also this article is ment to keep the funds flowing for Indian Defence requirments, keeps our lazy leaders on there toes. Even China has to start building 27 new airstrips in Tibet against our 4-6 airstrips along north east border. I mean if that doesn't explain about there concerns about Indian capabilities, then what is.:cheers:

Well lets start with a simple question sir
Do u consider mi35 or your large fleet of t72 and vijantas and 300 t90s and no modern moveable arty top notch sir?
AND
Would u care to tell us about IAs capabilities sir excluding ur numerical edge?
And sir wats the average indian soldiers equiped with?plz give details thanks:cheers:

Well lets start with a simple question sir
Do u consider mi35 or your large fleet of t72 and vijantas and 300 t90s and no modern moveable arty top notch sir?
AND
Would u care to tell us about IAs capabilities sir excluding ur numerical edge?
And sir wats the average indian soldiers equiped with?plz give details thanks:cheers:
:coffee:
Still you couldn't answer my last ???. I thought you knew better in your last post how ill equipped Indians were.

The liking towards US was a new phenomenon as far as India is concerned. It all started with second term of Clinton. Bush continued the policies with vigor. Obama is still thought in India with some suspicion but still fares well when you compare with the treatment with 50% of population there (aka Fox News and Republicans). This is common man's prospective..

I see. How do you feel about average American's knowledge of India and its relationship with the US? Do you believe that most Americans have a favorable view of India? Are you aware of the book "executive orders" by Tom Clancy?

In terms of national policies, US needs India a stalwart projection against China - the only country in the region that has any capacity to stand against China. US is hooking India, Japan and Australia in some sort of alliance and they are in talks of using similar equipment so that they could use cross-board for maritime interests of each of the countries.

mmm.. Both Japan and Australia has or would allow US troops to base on their territory. Is India ready to open up its ports, air strips and barracks for the US? Is India ready to accept the similar relationship the US has with Germany, England and Japan? Furthermore, as India becomes wealthy, would it pay for the expense of US troops station in its territory. India is facing Islamic insurgency and desperate need US assistance. As India is a democracy in a critical region, it just make sense for India to open up its bases to US troops. The US can protect India while India develop like Western Europe and Japan.

You are mistaken my friend. Chinese navy is expected to surpass US navy though it will take time to get through technological curve.

ASIAN DEFENCE: The Chinese navy is going blue water

It is a matter of time, China might attack India to show US to back away from Taiwan or launch economic and/or militarily against US. If there is a weak President in US then they will push it through and the world would just stand by!.

China is focusing on its economic development. The only scenario that I do see China go on offensive is if Taiwan declare independent. Which is unlikely with current scenario. Also, China would not attack the India to request US to back away from Taiwan or attack the US. With regard to either country, China is more interested in economic relationship than war. Furthermore, China has no capability to attack US. Either economically (What ever that may mean, or militarily, which would be a suicide.)

However, this is only true with the political/environment. Once there is a economic hardship and the Chinese political direction revert to that of Mao, than I can imaging China go on offensive such as the 1979 incursion into Vietnam. But even in such an environment, China would not attack the US.

Yes, in today's world US provides far better opportunities to foreign intellects. But in the world where GDP/capita is 90K/year in US and 46K/year in China - I think it is not as titled in the case now where GDP/capita is 50K/year in US and 3K/year in China.

The added incentive will be lost for migration of better talent from less developed to more developed..

True, but the actual technology gap between the US and China will be wider then than now. Which I will tie to the point I make below.

You are horribly wrong here. Though China depends upon US as market and Chinese economy would suffer if they go to war with US, so would US's.

Forget the Chinese, who else will be willing to fund US's trillion deficit year in, year out, when a country will default. I am sorry to say USSR was not able to default on its loan and walk away because it was powerful.

The threat that US faces with China is far more severe in long term than what US faced with USSR. USSR at the height of its power was just 50% of US's economy and forget even that US was a partner of NATO. China's economy is expected to double the US's economy while at the same time, Europe's population is decreasing and increased Islamic population migration might make it at odds with US's objective and hence the value of NATO.

The US technology will be far advanced than China if and when China's economy equal to that of the US. When US is capable of attack China and China is totally incapable of attacking the US mainland because of American technology, then US can force China to sit down and renegotiate the terms. If China refuse to finance US debts, certainly the US economy would suffer for a while as it would have no one to finance the US deficit. However, the US would not have to pay back its debts and the financial system would work itself out becaue of the size debt vs economy. As for trade with China, I'm certain that China would continue to export, though they wouldn't want any more IOUs.

I see. How do you feel about average American's knowledge of India and its relationship with the US? Do you believe that most Americans have a favorable view of India? Are you aware of the book "executive orders" by Tom Clancy?

Generally most people have neutral view of India- there are pluralist liberals and white supremacists! Most Americans are not aware of any country other than US and so I think it is rather silly pose a question where a majority don't know where Taiwan is or where Australia is or where UK is - forgot asking about geopolitics? They are more likely to know what team won the college football than to know why France and UK wanted to attack Suez Canal!

You are comparing to something to a fictional book. I am sorry I cant see what you are saying.

mmm.. Both Japan and Australia has or would allow US troops to base on their territory. Is India ready to open up its ports, air strips and barracks for the US? Is India ready to accept the similar relationship the US has with Germany, England and Japan?
India unlike Japan and Australia is much more powerful country. I don't think it needs to share power for holding its current position and with how things are going it is only likely to expand its influence. US intelligence reports infact claims that US sees India as fourth most powerful country in the world ranking only US, China and Russia only higher than it.

India would like to a good relationship with US as a hedge against Chinese influence, just like US might need India for countering Chinese influence in Pacific. India also strategically located close to Middle east which supplies energy to most of the world.

Furthermore, as India becomes wealthy, would it pay for the expense of US troops station in its territory.

India is not a wealthy country. It will move to a middle-income country by 2050, but with 1.8 billion population at that time, it is easy to see even a small contribution can make a huge budget aka resources.

Why do you ever think India needs to pay another country? for what reason? If a pathetically poor India with a crippling economic base was able to sustain through roughest patch like outsized population growth compounded with food shortage in early 1960's, crippling banks in 1970's, Chinese friendship with US (who at time was viewed as an enemy) in 1980's - India didnot submit its sovereignty even to USSR eventhough it helped India on few occasions.

What is India short of ? can you please surmise me?
Money ?? ( Has more than 300 billion in reserves and growing ..)
Economic base?? ( Has second working population currently and expected to become largest by 2025 or so.)
Man power?? (Youngest population of second most populated country)

I am sorry to see why India needs mercenaries when it can do very well on its own.

Besides Chinese war if ever that will be with India will be most likely only closer to border and not spread to carpet bombing of cities in respective countries. Pakistan is a "loose cannon" for India. You never know what you can expect. I dont think even US knows what it can expect even after paying 1.5 billion yearly.

India is facing Islamic insurgency and desperate need US assistance.

India is facing this Islamic insurgency from one country and too from 1980's and thanks to US, for creating the Taliban and Islamic crazies and leaving it to Pakistan to use this "strategic assets" against India. Now they are paying the price for these assets. US is paying it in Afghanistan.

I think India got used to this insurgency from 1989 and now India and Israel are co-operating as both are facing similar crazies since ages.

As India is a democracy in a critical region, it just make sense for India to open up its bases to US troops. The US can protect India while India develop like Western Europe and Japan.

Unlike Western Europe and Japan which were afraid of USSR and needed US's protection, India does not need US protection. Thank you very much. As I said earlier, India has legs and balls to stand on its own.

China is focusing on its economic development. The only scenario that I do see China go on offensive is if Taiwan declare independent. Which is unlikely with current scenario.

China is one of the few countries in the world which has attack almost all its neighbors and you still claim China is focused on economic development. Why is that Taiwan cant claim independence? Is that they are afraid of China? So it is silly to claim that China wont go offensive when it will have the means. I posted the link to you before which explains that Chinese navy will strong enough to challenge US by 2015 in South China sea.

Also, China would not attack the India to request US to back away from Taiwan or attack the US. With regard to either country, China is more interested in economic relationship than war. Furthermore, China has no capability to attack US. Either economically (What ever that may mean, or militarily, which would be a suicide.)

I see your point, but we are both are guessing and see what will happen. I still think China will attack Taiwan by 2020.

However, this is only true with the political/environment. Once there is a economic hardship and the Chinese political direction revert to that of Mao, than I can imaging China go on offensive such as the 1979 incursion into Vietnam. But even in such an environment, China would not attack the US.

That is one thing you can say about dictators - Anything can happen!

True, but the actual technology gap between the US and China will be wider then than now. Which I will tie to the point I make below.

The US technology will be far advanced than China if and when China's economy equal to that of the US. When US is capable of attack China and China is totally incapable of attacking the US mainland because of American technology, then US can force China to sit down and renegotiate the terms.

Chinese missiles are already capable of reaching US. I dont understand what do you mean by not able to reach America's main land.

Remember, even though US bureaucracy is better than India, it can never compete with the efficiency of China. China will make war machines much faster than US can.

If China refuse to finance US debts, certainly the US economy would suffer for a while as it would have no one to finance the US deficit. However, the US would not have to pay back its debts and the financial system would work itself out becaue of the size debt vs economy. As for trade with China, I'm certain that China would continue to export, though they wouldn't want any more IOUs.

I am sorry to say you live in a fictional world. No country in the world can negotiate terms and claim to be powerful. Once a country does it, no other country will start offering it more money ie. there will no more IOUs for US.

Also, if US ever does negotiate terms, it bring down its credit ratings forever. This will also create a crisis for any funding to any American firm. This event if it were to happen will in itself cause depression or a big recession.

Read about Russia's debt crisis in 1998 - second most powerful country in the world at that time.
1998 Russian financial crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And see what happened in 2008. How many people trusted when it was not even closer to what happened in 1998 and for no reason they had currency crisis again?

Paper money is not backed by any resource. The only thing that gives it value is the "trust". If that is lost, you can see condition in Zimbabwe. It might cost trillion dollar to buy just a loaf of bread.

India unlike Japan and Australia is much more powerful country. I don't think it needs to share power for holding its current position and with how things are going it is only likely to expand its influence. US intelligence reports infact claims that US sees India as fourth most powerful country in the world ranking only US, China and Russia only higher than it..

The question is not whether India is powerful country or not. No one can doubt that India is a powerful country. However, even England and Germany, with advance technology and powerful missiles, still rely on the US. Couldn't France/Germany/England had nuclear deterrant? Even though they do, they still rely on the US for protection.

India would like to a good relationship with US as a hedge against Chinese influence, just like US might need India for countering Chinese influence in Pacific. India also strategically located close to Middle east which supplies energy to most of the world.

India is not a wealthy country. It will move to a middle-income country by 2050, but with 1.8 billion population at that time, it is easy to see even a small contribution can make a huge budget aka resources.

Why do you ever think India needs to pay another country? for what reason? If a pathetically poor India with a crippling economic base was able to sustain through roughest patch like outsized population growth compounded with food shortage in early 1960's, crippling banks in 1970's, Chinese friendship with US (who at time was viewed as an enemy) in 1980's - India didnot submit its sovereignty even to USSR eventhough it helped India on few occasions.

What is India short of ? can you please surmise me?
Money ?? ( Has more than 300 billion in reserves and growing ..)
Economic base?? ( Has second working population currently and expected to become largest by 2025 or so.)
Man power?? (Youngest population of second most populated country)

I am sorry to see why India needs mercenaries when it can do very well on its own..

Do not be prideful. Its matter of alliance, not reliance. India would be better off if it has US bases in its territory. Again, its not an occupational army. Its that India is very close to Taliban base, China and Persian gulf. If countries like Enland, Germany and Italy, which individually is just about as powerful as India, cooperate with US and provide bases for US military, I do not see how India cannot also allow to station troops in its territory.

Besides Chinese war if ever that will be with India will be most likely only closer to border and not spread to carpet bombing of cities in respective countries. Pakistan is a "loose cannon" for India. You never know what you can expect. I dont think even US knows what it can expect even after paying 1.5 billion yearly.

If India is serious about countering China with US help, than allowing US military to station their troops in India is a must. As you mentioned earlier, China is growing very fast. Its rate of growth is greater than that of India. So at the current growth rate, India will never catch up to China economically. In terms of technology, India badly need western technical help. A much closer tie to the US would really help. As you point out above, India has a lot of people but its short on technology. These people need jobs and closer ties to the US would bring these people jobs.

India is facing this Islamic insurgency from one country and too from 1980's and thanks to US, for creating the Taliban and Islamic crazies and leaving it to Pakistan to use this "strategic assets" against India. Now they are paying the price for these assets. US is paying it in Afghanistan.

I think India got used to this insurgency from 1989 and now India and Israel are co-operating as both are facing similar crazies since ages.

True. And the terror threat is going to increase.

Unlike Western Europe and Japan which were afraid of USSR and needed US's protection, India does not need US protection. Thank you very much. As I said earlier, India has legs and balls to stand on its own.

As I mentioned before, its not US protection but closer cooperation
between the two countries.

China is one of the few countries in the world which has attack almost all its neighbors and you still claim China is focused on economic development. Why is that Taiwan cant claim independence? Is that they are afraid of China? So it is silly to claim that China wont go offensive when it will have the means. I posted the link to you before which explains that Chinese navy will strong enough to challenge US by 2015 in South China sea..

The current Chinese regine focus on economic development. China did had war with its neighbors in the past but that is under a different economic model. China is less likely to go back to the previous model as the current model work better. Taiwan is a special case as it claims to be the government of the whole China. So its not a territorial disput as much as government dispute. The articlar about China can challenge US is bull crap to drum up more defence spending in the US.

I see your point, but we are both are guessing and see what will happen. I still think China will attack Taiwan by 2020.

And the Mayan calendar project that the world would end by 2012. Their guess is as good as yours.

Chinese missiles are already capable of reaching US. I dont understand what do you mean by not able to reach America's main land.

Remember, even though US bureaucracy is better than India, it can never compete with the efficiency of China. China will make war machines much faster than US can.

Chinese missiles definitely can hit the US now. But in the future, it might not be able to. China might do that, but not focusing on it as its making money.

I am sorry to say you live in a fictional world. No country in the world can negotiate terms and claim to be powerful. Once a country does it, no other country will start offering it more money ie. there will no more IOUs for US.

Also, if US ever does negotiate terms, it bring down its credit ratings forever. This will also create a crisis for any funding to any American firm. This event if it were to happen will in itself cause depression or a big recession.

Read about Russia's debt crisis in 1998 - second most powerful country in the world at that time.
1998 Russian financial crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And see what happened in 2008. How many people trusted when it was not even closer to what happened in 1998 and for no reason they had currency crisis again?

Paper money is not backed by any resource. The only thing that gives it value is the "trust". If that is lost, you can see condition in Zimbabwe. It might cost trillion dollar to buy just a loaf of bread.

Well, as US technology advances, it would settle financial debts that is beneficial to the US without compromise its credit rating. US didn't remain the #1 power for 100 years without calculating everything out. All other countries can rise and fall to challenge the US military or economy. But the #1 will always stay the same for the for seeable future. As for way into the future, its up to my grandson to keep his grandson safe

Read this, it surmises lot of things I want to say
http://www.dami.army.pentagon.mil/offices/dami-zxg/documents/Chapter-Global-Trends-2025.pdf

The question is not whether India is powerful country or not. No one can doubt that India is a powerful country. However, even England and Germany, with advance technology and powerful missiles, still rely on the US. Couldn't France/Germany/England had nuclear deterrant? Even though they do, they still rely on the US for protection.

Do not be prideful. Its matter of alliance, not reliance. India would be better off if it has US bases in its territory. Again, its not an occupational army. Its that India is very close to Taliban base, China and Persian gulf. If countries like Enland, Germany and Italy, which individually is just about as powerful as India, cooperate with US and provide bases for US military, I do not see how India cannot also allow to station troops in its territory.

If India is serious about countering China with US help, than allowing US military to station their troops in India is a must. As you mentioned earlier, China is growing very fast. Its rate of growth is greater than that of India. So at the current growth rate, India will never catch up to China economically. In terms of technology, India badly need western technical help. A much closer tie to the US would really help. As you point out above, India has a lot of people but its short on technology. These people need jobs and closer ties to the US would bring these people jobs.

India does not trust US enough. USSR aka Russia is still considered most friendliest country to India and even with all its might, India was not a subservient to any other country.

Unlike Japan and Germany which lost its sovereignty due to World War, unlike UK which wanted to keep its past status after the World War, unlike Australia that has no power to speak of, unlike Russia that want to join forces with China and India to keep its past superpower status, India power and influence is only growing. It does not need any support from any power to maintain its current influence.

When US aircraft carrier was docked in Chennai port in India, one of its planes flew into Indian airspace without permission and this was noted by Indian armed forces. This was also highly unpopular in India too. So I dont see neither govt support nor public support for such an alliance where India will have to allow US ports to maintain its military. As regards US needing space, I think there are several locations for US already. US has military posts in about 135 countries or so.

India has lot of military games with other nations for co-operation and as learning exercises, but I really doubt India really needs to move to become second grade partner.

Infact if you look at what is happening now, where in the past India used to buy whatever Russia provided it, India is coming up with RFI for its needs, rather than just paying Russia for weapons, it is only interested in getting weapons from Russia if they are ready to offer ToT and joint development in future weaponary.

So much has changed India position where India was close to bankruptcy in 1991 by having only 15 days of trade value as reserve. The opening up of economy and relative backwardness has grown India beyond any one's beliefs.

The current Chinese regine focus on economic development. China did had war with its neighbors in the past but that is under a different economic model. China is less likely to go back to the previous model as the current model work better. Taiwan is a special case as it claims to be the government of the whole China. So its not a territorial disput as much as government dispute. The articlar about China can challenge US is bull crap to drum up more defence spending in the US.

China can collapse as easily it is standing now. If there will be another Tienanmen square or any other agitation from rural people whose lands are taken away for growth, problems can start.

So growing China can change into questionable status anytime. Democracy is the future as is apparent from USSR's demise.

But as it stands now, China's defense budget is estimated somewhere between 78-150 billion aka 160-300 billion$ in PPP terms. I think just by dismissing that China is incapable does not change this fact. Chinese influence is felt by everyone in the world and one cannot say that some group only has intellect for technological development.

Yes American technological dominance will stay but history has shown that German tanks which were far more advanced than Patton tanks and Russian tanks could not win because of sheer scale of these tanks. US is only country with true 5th gen plane. A watered down version (F35) is made for every one else. China and Russia/India are the only countries attempting to make 5th gen planes. If China becomes successful with their J-XX project, it is another step for them. Everyone in the world currently puts China at #2 position in terms of power projection though they limit its power project to immediate surroundings.

China has demonstrated the world that it can hack US military sites, hit the satellites with missiles, its army has gained capacity to move its forces at much faster pace to any of its border.

Now with Russia's attempt to bring China and India together to put stalwart against US, which I know that both China and India dont want to join, means that Russia and Chinese border is relatively safe. If Indo-China border issues are peacefully resolved, where do you think they would deploy 2 million forces?

Chinese missiles definitely can hit the US now. But in the future, it might not be able to. China might do that, but not focusing on it as its making money.

Similarly, China will be developing counter measures to counter the missile shield too.

Well, as US technology advances, it would settle financial debts that is beneficial to the US without compromise its credit rating. US didn't remain the #1 power for 100 years without calculating everything out. All other countries can rise and fall to challenge the US military or economy. But the #1 will always stay the same for the for seeable future. As for way into the future, its up to my grandson to keep his grandson safe

How this possible? I think you should talk to any economist and you will find the answer I gave you.

Credit ratings are ratings issued based on current and future payment. The more predictable a country is regarding payments, the higher the rating. So, as per your assertion, if US does not pay, its ratings will go down. Ratings are not controlled by US govt. It is private agencies that do that. So if you dont pay, your ratings go down. It is just like credit score.

US never had debt that serviced by foreigners in such high volume. Before 1950's, all of US debt was serviced by domestic consumers. After 1980's, US for first time started having foreign countries owning larger percentage of US treasury bonds and US bills. The share of foreign countries has risen from there to now constituting about 51% of the debt serviced.

US open capital markets allows domestic consumers to invest in foreign countries. So if US were to default, it is castrophic event. Much more safer and less expensive way will be to inflate the currency and US FED provide funds to US Treasury with some special servicing.Though it would reduce the value of dollar substantially, it wont destroy US and the world (because the world depends upon dollar).

Look at the impact just few week back when Dubai - much smaller state started talking about debt restructuring.

Dubai: A High Rise, Then a Steep Fall - WSJ.com

So if US falls, it would impact not just itself but the whole world. US citizens will bear the brunt of this assault.

Last edited:
:coffee:
Still you couldn't answer my last ???. I thought you knew better in your last post how ill equipped Indians were.

Dude im not here to flame the thread anyway u want comparison u can make a seperate thread and provide us details thanks.
REGUARDING your QUESTION
On an average soldier level dude our soldiers RIGHT NOW are using VERY EFFECTIVE AND HIGH QUALITY VEST THAT YOUR COMMANDOES USE.....
US styled AMMO holding FLAKE jackets
AMC made light weight helmets
NEW DMS
G3A3,MP5A3.AK SERIES ARE BEING MODIFIED TO BLACK WIDOW STATUS|*(WITH LASER POINTERS SNIPER SCOPES AND GRENADE THROWERS,ETC) BEFORE USED BY OUR SPECIAL FORCES.
OUR ARMY VEHICLES ARE BETTER ,TOYOTA HILUX,VEGOS,DEFENDERS ,MITSUBISHI ETC
OUR AVIATION WING IS USING BETTER COBRAS UPGRADED WITH NEW AVIONICS ETC
GAS MASKS
MG3 AND DsHk 12.7 and 14.7 are our main MACHINE GUNS
hand guns are walther,TT now replaced with SIG anD glocks
OUR SPECIAL FORCES ARE BETTER EQUIPED
bio masks
NIGHT VISIONS ARE BECOMING MORE AND MORE HANDY have started to be issued to a squad level 10 people i know thts not enough BUT IT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF IN NEAR FUTURE COZ AWC has started producing them
LOWER BODY ARMOUR is starting to appear for ordinary soldiers
Our arty is MODERN AND SELF PROPELLED
etc etc etc
NOTE ARMY IS ALSO ON A MODERNISATION PLAN which will replace our 115 mm arty pieces with standard 155mm NATO and HIT and ORDINANCE factory have started working on 155m shells deals have been made with south koreans and turks reguarding it....PK 08 will BECOME OUR 5.67 calib weapon like NATO
anything else SIR

Dude im not here to flame the thread anyway u want comparison u can make a seperate thread and provide us details thanks.
REGUARDING your QUESTION
On an average soldier level dude our soldiers RIGHT NOW are using VERY EFFECTIVE AND HIGH QUALITY VEST THAT YOUR COMMANDOES USE.....
US styled AMMO holding FLAKE jackets
AMC made light weight helmets
NEW DMS
G3A3,MP5A3.AK SERIES ARE BEING MODIFIED TO BLACK WIDOW STATUS|*(WITH LASER POINTERS SNIPER SCOPES AND GRENADE THROWERS,ETC) BEFORE USED BY OUR SPECIAL FORCES.
OUR ARMY VEHICLES ARE BETTER ,TOYOTA HILUX,VEGOS,DEFENDERS ,MITSUBISHI ETC
OUR AVIATION WING IS USING BETTER COBRAS UPGRADED WITH NEW AVIONICS ETC
GAS MASKS
MG3 AND DsHk 12.7 and 14.7 are our main MACHINE GUNS
hand guns are walther,TT now replaced with SIG anD glocks
OUR SPECIAL FORCES ARE BETTER EQUIPED
bio masks
NIGHT VISIONS ARE BECOMING MORE AND MORE HANDY have started to be issued to a squad level 10 people i know thts not enough BUT IT WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF IN NEAR FUTURE COZ AWC has started producing them
LOWER BODY ARMOUR is starting to appear for ordinary soldiers
Our arty is MODERN AND SELF PROPELLED
etc etc etc
NOTE ARMY IS ALSO ON A MODERNISATION PLAN which will replace our 115 mm arty pieces with standard 155mm NATO and HIT and ORDINANCE factory have started working on 155m shells deals have been made with south koreans and turks reguarding it....PK 08 will BECOME OUR 5.67 calib weapon like NATO
anything else SIR

no mention of Real time Data networks.
Use of satellites, no existent.

When the IA means battle ready, they mean this.

99024299bdd6407429f3cd3305e7f3a2._.jpg

This may be a US depcition of a Modern army.
But This is the set up that all armies are aiming for, if not better

With regards to the Hardware.
Everything you see is either under development or being procured.
This includes a New 4th generation tank.( not the T-90 or the Arjun-2)
New UCAV, UAV
The Most modern artillery.

All the developments and Procurements being made, are all leading up to that Picture right there.

As for the Solider

He/She will be equipped with the Following, as standard, between now and 2027.
This is What the IA said.

Helmet and Visor

The helmet is an integrated assembly equipped with thermal sensors, video cameras and chemical and biological sensors. The visor is intended to be integrated and to act as a heads-up display monitor equivalent to two 17-inch computer monitors.

Clothing

The personal clothing of this soldier of the future would be lightweight with a bullet-proof jacket. The futuristic jacket would be waterproofed yet breathable. The new attire that will enable the troops carry the extra load and resist impact of chemical warfare. The new uniform will have vests with sensors to monitor their health parameters and provide quick medical relief.

Weapons

The weapons sub-system is built around a dual caliber assault rifle with the second caliber attached to a grenade launcher. The sub-system includes a thermal weapon sight and laser range finder to provide the soldier with range and direction information. The Global Positioning System (GPS) location information, allows the soldier can call for indirect fire accurately. There are two types of next generation infantry rifle under development in cooperation with Israel.

Accessories

The soldier will be equipped with a palmtop to be able to communicate with other soldiers, and will be aware of the battlefield. The palmtop will tell the soldier where others are in relation to themselves. It will also enable them to transfer messages.

Thermal imagers, sensors and night vision equipment, currently deployed in weapon systems such as artillery and main battle tanks, will be customized to make them portable for soldiers to carry in the battle ground.

The Army may be our most slowly modernizing, Branches.
But they are Modernizing.

And given the Fact they are at peace time The second largest Standing force in the world. They already have a quantitative advantage.

Last edited:
In reply to SSGviper.

I find it difficult believe that pakistan average soldier is better equipped than the indian.

For a start The Pak military budget at $5 billion is a tiny fraction of india $30 billion a year.

Secondly Pakistan have virtually no helicopter fleet as demonstrated during the earthquakes wen you actively asked for heli support

Pak Armour is 75% upgraded T59 called Al ZARRER and barely 500 APC/MICV to transport a huge 500,000 army.

Your para military wear no armour often sandles and salvaar kameex and ride in civillian vehicles as seen on BBC news in UK

i SEE THE GAP with India growing much bigger as indian dominant GDP might of 8-1 begins to show over next decade.

Back
Top Bottom