What's new

Not a veiled threat: Burqa ban in France from April

ashok321

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Canada
PARIS: France will start enforcing a ban next month on full Islamic face veils, officials said, meaning any veiled woman can be summoned to a police station and asked to remove her face-covering or pay a fine.

Officials say the law is mainly symbolic and police will not call in every veiled woman they see to avoid stigmatising Muslims. But a Paris imam said forcing veiled women to present themselves at a police station would be just as uncomfortable.

When France passed the ban on full face veils last year, Muslim leaders voiced concern that it could lead to veiled Muslim women being unfairly treated by police or singled out for harassment.

"My gut reaction is to say this is all a bit clumsy," said Moussa Niambele, the imam of a mosque in Paris.

The ban forbids wearing any garment concealing the face in a public space, namely the street, public transport, shops, schools, courtrooms, hospitals and government buildings. From April 11, police are instructed to summon veil-wearers to a station, where they will be asked to remove the garment for "identification" and leave it off. If the wearer refuses to remove it they will be fined up to $208.

Not a veiled threat Burqa ban in France from April

I dont like the harsh Patriot act of the USA, but I guess I have to live with it and abide by the las of land, the other harsh option would be to leave the US.
What civilised Pakistanis think of above ??

According to the Islamic laws, this can be counted as 'sexual harassment' depending upon the intentions of the police officer.
Although I point out, being a muslim, that a niqab should be worn widely, but Hijab must be compulsary for them. The covering using a Niqab can, in the modern time, cause a terror threat.

So, if the muslim women are feeling uncomfortable with the laws, better go back to their homeland.

According to the Islamic laws, this can be counted as 'sexual harassment' depending upon the intentions of the police officer.
Although I point out, being a muslim, that a niqab should be worn widely, but Hijab must be compulsary for them. The covering using a Niqab can, in the modern time, cause a terror threat.

So, if the muslim women are feeling uncomfortable with the laws, better go back to their homeland.

my friend......France does not consider religious law any where near its constitution.

I am not a expert in religious affairs but i think religion should be flexible with time

in rome, do as romans......

Franch culture and burqa cannot work together

is it about culture ? i guess the ban is about terror threat.otherwise everybody should have the freedom to dress in public places according to his/ her wish.

same debate here in the netherlands..
there was never a crime involving a burqa with got away because they couldn't indentify the person.
most of the population never saw a person wearing burqa live in front of him/her.
theres is not more then 5000 burqa wearing people in france and the netherlands.
and theres such big fuse about it.
racists...
especially sarkozy also about turkey.
eu....all they can do it like usa's .
screw them all...
i yell at my parents for coming and living here in the netherlands.
when such great turkey is our country..our home.. everytime we leave from turkey to the netherlands at the end of summer holiday my mother cries..
every day we are here in the netherlands we have stress and all that bullshit.
im gonna finish this school..
and get the out of this hole

Common people. Old Islamic practices need change now. They may be relevant that time not now. Those who do not bend, get broken. Those who do not change, become Taliban.

Common people. Old Islamic practices need change now. They may be relevant that time not now. Those who do not bend, get broken. Those who do not change, become Taliban.

:coffee: You are the Hindu. To be fair, we should allow atheists make a most fair decision.
You know that Chinese people are atheists. ;)

It's not about just Islam, man.

Christianity and the church refused to change...so people started moving away from it in the west.

In hinduism, some practices were changed by british law and some became irrlevant over time. Some are still prevalant but they are also slowly fading away. It will take time, may be even a 100 years, but it will happen. It's already started happening.

Islam will also have to change or people will slowly start moving away from it.

Change is the only constant in life. Those who do not adapt in nature to changing times, perish. Simple.

:coffee: You are the Hindu. To be fair, we should allow atheists make a most fair decision.
You know that Chinese people are atheists. ;)

Sir what the phak makes you think I am a Hindu? Please Dont argue for arguments sake.

Back
Top Bottom