What's new

Norway, Philippines ambassadors among 7 killed in Gilgit helicopter crash

width_650.height_300.mode_FillAreaWithCrop.pos_Default.color_White.jpg

Norwegian ambassador to Pakistan Mr. Leif Larsen

Ambapic.jpg

Mr. Domingo D. Lucenario Jr, Philippine Ambassador to Pakistan.

I was thinking the same. I question the wisdom of putting so many top diplomats in a single aircraft. Should not have done that.
When moving for some ceremony it is not possible to provide transportation on individual basis. Generally #1 and #2 do not travel together.

Sad news :(, if criminal negligence involved, which should be the rarest case with Military helicopter, then this is going to bring bad name to us

Inna LILLAH e wa Inna ELAIH e rajioon

RIP
A tragedy is always around the corner for pakistan. Although death is a familiar issue in pakistan & pilots & other servicemen have been sacrificing their lives on a regular basis for over a decade now but the loss of foreign envoys is a serious loss since Gilgit & Baltistan is being promoted as a tourist destination. I hope this tragic event wouldn't damage the tourist industry.

Horrible, horrible incident. Condolences to the families of the deceased. Its really difficult to imagine such a loss of such high profile individuals.

I was thinking the same. I question the wisdom of putting so many top diplomats in a single aircraft. Should not have done that.

There are dozens of diplomats in capital, allotting a copter to each diplomat is not possible.

RIP , such a sad accident .
It was a diplomatic trip with members of 37 countries in total,” said a passenger in one of the helicopters, who requested anonymity, adding that the school had caught fire after the crash.
The Heli crashed into a School ?

Back
Top Bottom