What's new

Northeast youth beaten to death in Delhi

not sure if this particular incident is an act of racism........hope that it isn't..
but i wudn't be too surprised if it is.....have worked in delhi for last two years,met quite a few north indians who do look down on others

Bro I think u should check the definition of racism.

You do not understand what is racism then. Calling people lamba, tingna, kaala, gora, chikna, hero are all just communicative tools for those not very articulate or sophisticated of language. Racism is where you hate people for their differences. I do not think anyone hates South Indians or North East Indians or Punjabis or whoever.

I will not say what happen in USA with African american...but in delhi there exist racism with the people of North east...
be it with their girls or the boys....it's mainly north Indians who get involved in all these stuff...
I am saying this because I have seen this with my eyes....

Racism is when you deny a job to a person because s/he looks different. It is when you segregate the town on the basis of racial features. It is when you refuse to treat them in hospitals because they are different. It is when you have different churches, different buses, different schools. A whole lot of shit which is meant to crush the spirit and show them they are less than human in every possible way. To equate real racism with what happens in India is trivializing it.

Its ok,u can praise me more.. after all,I am better than u,automatically,by not being a chaddiwala:happy:

Ch
Racism is when you deny a job to a person because s/he looks different. It is when you segregate the town on the basis of racial features. It is when you refuse to treat them in hospitals because they are different. It is when you have different churches, different buses, different schools. A whole lot of shit which is meant to crush the spirit and show them they are less than human in every possible way. To equate real racism with what happens in India is trivializing it.
Do update your definition of racism,because frankly speaking it seems a bit incomplete.

Very shameful and disgusting.

And its very Punjabi thing to mock people just because of their color or hair or shame etc.

Kapil Sharma's comedy is a example.

1.) Bringing religion in reporting is absurd but its the international media that rules and reports most of the news as per its own view point and so called national media just picks from there.

2.) But south Indian or tamilian don't get killed due to being a south Indian or Tamil. But North east people get harassed just being from north east or of Mongoloid feature.

mocking people is not a punjabi thing , its is ones ignorance about a culture he is not familiar with.
punjabi people themselves are victims of cultural racism when they are in a different part of india , what would you say about sikhs being made fun of for wearing turban ,
unfortunately people in india are f#cking ignorant about their own country , AP students who study in my college are referred as 'chinese'

There is a documentary or news report somewhere on youtube which was trying to address the issue of NE students in Delhi.
Do you know that the number one reason why girls form NE have problem renting appts?? Because most of the landlords think that they r whores and would be attracting unwanted guest

ma'am what will you say when a boy from NE walks into delhi and he is bugged every now and then in street and called chinese every time...Chinki..every time...what will you say when a NE girl walks on street and she is considered Nepali and is harassed and they consider her cheap....I have seen these things..........do you mean harassing people just because they don't look like you or me is not racism....

Do update your definition of racism,because frankly speaking it seems a bit incomplete.

Racism is generally defined as actions, practices or beliefs, or social or political systems that are based in views that see the human species to be divided into races with shared traits, abilities, or qualities, such as personality, intellect, morality, or other cultural behavioral characteristics, and especially the belief that races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others, or that members of different races should be treated differently.

This is the most significant part of it "races can be ranked as inherently superior or inferior to others," and I just do not think there is anyone in India who looks down on other races.

There is a documentary or news report somewhere on youtube which was trying to address the issue of NE students in Delhi.
Do you know that the number one reason why girls form NE have problem renting appts?? Because most of the landlords think that they r whores and would be attracting unwanted guest

Do the girls have lot of guests? Is the landlord basing it on their racial trait or some past experience with particular groups? Like if I refuse to rent my house to a meat eating person does that make me a racist?

Last edited:
I will not say what happen in USA with African american...but in delhi there exist racism with the people of North east...
be it with their girls or the boys....it's mainly north Indians who get involved in all these stuff...
I am saying this because I have seen this with my eyes....

Yeah, people generally gets into tension when about to reach, by road Air or Rail. I also thinks the same though I am from Odisha. How will the Auto or taxi Driver be? What Hotels I will check into and what will be their behavior? The North Indians have this in their blood. Bad behavior, bad education (here the common sense), do not know how to respect for each other. Like they run an Ad showing how to treat guests in India, Govt. must start an education drive only for Delhi and adjoining states.

And Lastly RIP for the young Boy who is about my son's age. May his death not go in vain, but like Nirbhaya this will be a lesson for Dehlites to learn mannerism and respect.

ma'am what will you say when a boy from NE walks into delhi and he is bugged every now and then in street and called chinese every time...Chinki..every time...what will you say when a NE girl walks on street and she is considered Nepali and is harassed and they consider her cheap....I have seen these things..........do you mean harassing people just because they don't look like you or me is not racism....

Look I wont go by people calling someone by their features, there is not a single person in India who is not stereotyped. Stereotyping is not racism.

Yeah, people generally gets into tension when about to reach, by road Air or Rail. I also thinks the same though I am from Odisha. How will the Auto or taxi Driver be? What Hotels I will check into and what will be their behavior? The North Indians have this in their blood. Bad behavior, bad education (here the common sense), do not know how to respect for each other. Like they run an Ad showing how to treat guests in India, Govt. must start an education drive only for Delhi and adjoining states.

And Lastly RIP for the young Boy who is about my son's age. May his death not go in vain, but like Nirbhaya this will be a lesson for Dehlites to learn mannerism and respect.
Sir I agree with you...I myself being a north Indian, really feel bad and ashamed after seeing people behaving like this....
being a part of a culture which says...Vasudhevha Kutumbakam...we do all these things...they are our own people ..If we will not care for them then who will...then we want NE to be part of India but don't want those people..now That ain't gonna happen...

Back
Top Bottom