What's new

Northeast youth beaten to death in Delhi

Report says hewas teased and beaten up for his hair colour in the middle of Capital ,does anyone beat up any one for having different hair colour?? seriously ??? and How do you know he is not Hindu did any one mention religion??
There is history of NE people suffering racial discrimination in the CAPITAL , shouldn't we be concerned ?

A kid who has colored his hair blond to look 'cool' gets teased by the local shop keeper. ...... probably looked like a wannabe and acted like one too.

Is that so strange ?

There is nothing to indicated this murder was related to race, it reads like clash of egos. Ministers son v/s the locals.

Report says hewas teased and beaten up for his hair colour in the middle of Capital ,does anyone beat up any one for having different hair colour?? seriously ??? and How do you know he is not Hindu did any one mention religion??
There is history of NE people suffering racial discrimination in the CAPITAL , shouldn't we be concerned ?

We south Indians also suffered with this problem.Not only North east.I am a keralite.Different people from different regions in India coming to the kerala as migrant works.Early from Tamil Nadu now from West Bengal,Assam ,Bihar,orissa.No one suffer fate like this in kerala.Infact our people are decent to them.That is one I proud about kerala

Last edited:

Really??? have you ever heard news about killings of North Indian workers in Manipur??? Do you know how many of them got killed last year? shall we take such incidents as racially discrimination at NE ???.

Its a crime nothing to do with racism. What next? NE student body and other councils protest tomorrow for justice.

Really??? have you ever heard news about killings of North Indian workers in Manipur??? Do you know how many of them got killed last year? shall we take such incidents as racially discrimination at NE ???.

Its a crime nothing to do with racism. What next? NE student body and other councils protest tomorrow for justice.
Yes it was the shopkeepers of manipur central market who killed the North Indian for sporting different hair colour and asking address , The shopkeepers also hurled grenades and shot ak 47 at north indian people , nevermind the shopkeepers also killed their fellow manipuris in the process ,the various manipuri civil organistaion and society never came out to protest this and extended help and relief to those who were affected.. never mind the fact that in such a hostile place there are more north Indians living in NE then all north easterner in Delhi .. says a lot about the violent and racist nature of NE shopkeepers and its people and hence it is moral obligation of North indian shopkeepers to return the gratitude in such kindness

Last edited:
We south Indians also suffered with this problem.Not only North east.I am a keralite.Different people from different regions in India coming to the kerala as migrant works.Early from Tamil Nadu now from West Bengal,Assam ,Bihar,orissa.No one suffer fate like this in kerala.Infact our people are decent to them.That is one I proud about kerala
Thanks and hope fully as other members posted this one is not a racially motivated crime but an unfortunate incident .. None of us here like this.

Why not mention CHRISTIAN youth beaten to death in Delhi ?

Maybe, South Tibet youth beaten to death in Delhi ?

I am disappointed at this low level of propaganda. Kuch Maza nahi aiya.

Who told you he is a Christian??? What a m*r*n?? I have been a student in Delhi and being a guy from NE I am aware what must have happened...I am sure you are one of those guys for who a girl from NE is a easy prey and guy easy money. Kuch maja nehi aya...damn it what do you mean by it...the death of a person doesn't mean anything to you.

I doubt its anything to do with him being north east... people get beaten up over there because of the "gang" culture waay too often

No it is not...I am from Assam...When I studied in Delhi I have always had the nick name "Chinki" even though I am not a Chinese...never took it seriously when my classmates used it...but an outsider using such words would definitely upset me. It is a daily event...for the locals of Delhi girls from NE are easy prey and boys easy money...or a target to showcase your masculinity. Try that one on one and the result would have been different. Furthermore I did my postgrad in Osmania University...I never felt that I was discriminated because of my looks or race.

Last edited:
What is so special about a North eastern Indian getting killed in Delhi ?

Why not just report that an Indian was killed in Delhi ?

Have you ever read a report that 'Hindu killed in Delhi' ? .... or South Indian killed in Delhi ? How about Tamilian killed in delhi ? :tdown:

It started with them making fun of boy's looks and appearances. RACISM I think so.

Just a sad case really,just shows how uncivilised some people in mainland India are.Racism,sexism,any kind of ism is perpetrated by them openly while they cry foul when they undergo the same...pathetic people really

Who told you he is a Christian??? What a m*r*n?? I have been a student in Delhi and being a guy from NE I am aware what must have happened...I am sure you are one of those guys for who a girl from NE is a easy prey and guy easy money. Kuch maja nehi aya...damn it what do you mean by it...the death of a person doesn't mean anything to you.

Because his father Nido pavitra is a christian you MORON.

I guess you want two extra tears to be shed as he is from northeast. Aage bado pappu.....chuta nahi hai.

It started with them making fun of boy's looks and appearances. RACISM I think so.

His 'looks' as he had 'dyed' his hair. Not because he had slant eyes.

Look at all these RSS chaddiwalas,trying to justify racism and hate crime.

Looks a lot like uneducated animal behavior than racism.

The media's way of reporting has been extremely irresponsible. The people from the North East will now all be scared while this could well have been for an entirely different reason. But then denying that racism is not prevalent is lame. The reasons of his murder(its not just death) is not clear. Before the motive is clear, jumping to conclusions is so darn unfair - especially for the million of families whose relatives have gone elsewhere for livelihood. :disagree:

LOL. That was because it was an INDIAN of a different nationality killed in a foreign country AUSTRALIA.

No the same thing. Weak logic.
It actually depends on why he was killed - the motive. If it's for money, its not racism. If its for color.... :ashamed:

Back
Top Bottom