What's new

Northeast India seeks secession from India and integration into China

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, for two weeks. It was nothing compared to India, you were conquered and raped by Persians, Afghans, Turks, Mongols, and the Brits for 1000 years!

You should be making fun of Pakistanis then since it was their ancestors who got raped.

Laithonjam | May 29, 2012 | Permalink Reply

If you are indeed Manipuri, you are greatly misinformed about Manipuri culture and history. The Metei people are only ethnically different from the Aryan-Dravidian Indians – we have Mongoloid features. That does not mean we have a separate history or culture. Manipur is one of the oldest civilisations in the world and our civilisational basis is a Hindu one. Even in 1000 BC there existed the Hindu kingdom of Manipur which was a part of Bharatavarsha. We were not converted to Hinduism (of course Hinduism does not accept converts) nor were we conquered by Hindu kings. We were one of the original Hindu kingdoms. This means, apart from looks, we are quite similar to mainland India. In fact, historically and traditionally, Manipur IS part of mainland India. It is just that now with the creation of Bangladesh, we are geographically removed and remote from the mainland that historically accepted us as a part of it.
This ancient tradition of Hindusim is also the reason for the present Vaishnavite practices of Manipuris. Many people have been mislead into believing that Manipur were forced by Hindus to accpet Vaishnavism and that we had no ties with Hindus before that. This is wrong. If you read independant historians – such as those from Germany, France and Japan (because Indian, US and British historians can be suspected to have some bias) you will know that Manipuris themselves accepted Vaishnavism in the time of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu. The Assamese did not, and neither did any other Hindu group in Northeastern India. But the Manipuris who were at that time animist Hindus, accpeted Vaishnavism. So your argument that we are very different from mainland India is not true.
And the Indian government did not merge us any more forcefully with India than it did the Nizam’s Hyderabad or the hundreds of other princely states.

You have to accept it: Manipur’s historical and traditional identity is completely Hindu. Maybe not the tribals, but definitely the Meteis. Linguistically, the Manipuri language also has quite a substantial Sanskritic root, though not as much as Asamese, but definitely more than dialects in other surrounding states such as Mizoram.

Yes in some parts of India people do not treat us well, especially in the North where there is a lack of education, but then, dont we also constantly speak badly of minaland Indians and treat them badly when they come to the northeast? We are better people than them, more civilised and better educated, so we should stop this first. Dont you agree?

I had collected a lot of such comments but then i am posting only one because his words do no require explanation.

One thing about India is under the British we were divided completely there is no unity. Every State is divided at its roots every family is divided. Things were not the same but we need young and dynamic leaders who can change this and unite the people and make them see the larger picture.

Discrimination is not new South Indian feel discriminated in the North, People from North East feel different in the north but fell homely in the south so This is India and not every one is discriminatory generalization of a few peoples comments is stupidity.

Ask the same with Tibetans or other sects they will also tell they they would prefer Independence rather than be a part of China. People are discontented i dont disagree but that dosent mean that.

Just because my parents were hash on me can i ask my neighbor to adopt me ? This is what you are suggesting.

PS: Welcome to PDF and pls stop starting stupid threads, They don't make sense. People everywhere at the borders of India have suffered and as an Indian i am ashamed of it and people have fought for their justice at least we get a chance to fight for it.

I never though this thread would ignite so many angers and hatred, because I just repost other's comment. Since I know India is always obsessed with Tibet problem, now you can feel how we felt? Someone of you even posted Nanking Massacre. Someone likes tofu. This is your "warm welcome", thanks.

The forum rules says you can post any article with credible source, not some of the comments of Hate infested Chinese. This comes under troll thread.

I never though this thread would ignite so many angers and hatred, because I just repost other's comment. Since I know India is always obsessed with Tibet problem, now you can feel how we felt? Someone of you even posted Nanking Massacre. Someone likes tofu. This is your "warm welcome", thanks.

Ras_Lila.jpg

This is an image of Ras Lila a manipuri dance any Indian in any part of India can identify the characters. Its that common to us. In India people are not bound by color of the Skin but are bound by Culture.

India is not obsessed with Tibet problem. If we were then i dont think there would have been any relations btw India and China.

The forum rules says you can post any article with credible source, not some of the comments of Hate infested Chinese. This comes under troll thread.

Yeah, I've noticed that many articles posted in this forum are credible, but the replies.....do you think it's credible? Then let it down.

Never question our country's integrity, and we can be friends. If you make threads on making different countries out of India or taking away our land, then be ready to get ***-whooping.

And the mongols never ruled China. The Manchu dynasty came from tofuland!!!

And hongkong and macau were landed on China's coast after fkying in from outerspace.

We drove them out in 90 years, the quickest expulsion of mongol army in world history. But they stayed and party with your women for more than 300 years. Turks, Afghans, other Central Asians were invited too. Take a look at your glorious history before you talk about Nanking.

well pakistan should provide any possible effort to the local or occupied north east india.

Are bhai sab ko chhudawana magar pehle kashmir to chhudawa lo! :undecided:

Yes, for two weeks. It was nothing compared to India, you were conquered and raped by Persians, Afghans, Turks, Mongols, and the Brits for 1000 years!

It's funny how most Indians don't know much about Chinese history since, it's mostly in Chinese and they can't read or understand but what about?

Xeibei rule? Manchu Rule? and Mongol rule? Add them all up and It is more than 1000 years. And yeah this doesn't even include 'A Century of Humiliation' by Brits and Japs, who butchered your countrymen in millions.

These are the notable kingdoms not to mention Jurchens/Khitans and Huns who ruled bits and bobs of China :)

It's funny how most Indians don't know much about Chinese history since, it's mostly in Chinese and they can't read or understand but what about?

Xeibei rule? Manchu Rule? and Mongol rule? Add them all up and It is more than 1000 years. And yeah this doesn't even include 'A Century of Humiliation' by Brits and Japs, who butchered your countrymen in millions.

These are the notable kingdoms not to mention Jurchens/Khitans and Huns who ruled bits and bobs of China :)

Dont stoop to the trolls level. He has mental problems. :)

We drove them out in 90 years, the quickest expulsion of mongol army in world history. But they stayed and party with your women for more than 300 years. Turks, Afghans, other Central Asians were invited too. Take a look at your glorious history before you talk about Nanking.

I am wondering if you have ever been to Singapore :cheers: I was there 2 weeks ago.

Inidan men are very much in demand from Chinese girls there, almost every Indian guy has a Chinese girl. I wonder what the reason for that is :ashamed:

If you guys haven't tasted tofu, then you are lucky. You have been forewarned - stay away from Tofu. It smells of vomit. Do you know that the best Chinese food is found in India. In China, because the food is cooked in pig lard, it smells of old fermented sewage! I swear. On my mother. It is gross.

Dude... I like Tofu. You might not like it, but there are people who do like it. Please don't disrespect food.

Xeibei never rule China. Mongol and Manchu speak and write Chinese. You not only have trouble understanding history, you can't even count number of years. Small wonder, ave Indian IQ is 82.

Even during the century of humiliation, the emperor still rules China and its land. Where were the indians? You don't even have a country, you were completely colonized and owned by the British. They made you slaves for 200 years.

Pakistan did provide assistance in 1960s along with Chinese support, the result was 1971 war and Chinese support disappeared overnight:lol:

Bold part: You should be made a top diplomat for India. You are so good to twist two separate events into one. Any other new inventions?

Dont stoop to the trolls level. He has mental problems. :)

I am wondering if you have ever been to Singapore :cheers: I was there 2 weeks ago.

Inidan men are very much in demand from Chinese girls there, almost every Indian guy has a Chinese girl. I wonder what the reason for that is :ashamed:

Only 2 weeks? No wonder. It's the same reason why Indians keep shouting superpower. It's called delusional of grandeur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom