What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

all the more reason that China should support a preemptive strike against North Korea's nuclear sites.

It never fails to amaze me how much westerners are rapid warmongers. These are the same people who claim Martin Luther King and Gandhi as heroes and in the same sentence support bombing North Korea. North Korea may be a poor neighbour, but like the saying goes, two wrongs does not make a right. War is an ugly solution. You only have to look at the mess the americans made in Iraq and Afghanistan to see that.

Last edited:
Undoubtedly South Korea (with a bit of US help) can win the war, but you probably know as well the stickler here is cost. We don't live in the 1940's anymore (thank god), and no one involved here is going to go for total war lightly.
A bit is correct. Prominent will be US air power. South Korea today is not Iraq or Afghanistan. South Korea is wealthy, militarily sophisticated, and is a close ally to the US. The US does not seek to occupy North Korea but South Korea does. For Iraq, the US had to occupy the country and does not consent to any regional powers to share in that occupation. Afghanistan is so far out there it is not even worth considering as an analogy and a warning.

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 PM ----------

It never fails to amaze me how much westerners are rapid warmongers. These are the same people who claim Martin Luther King and Gandhi as heroes and in the same sentence support bombing North Korea.
Scared? :D Communists should be...

well by the same token, why arm and do 'posturing' in SK?
Self defense, may be?

there is no doubt that China & US role would be crucial in damping the conflict --though it boils down to those 2 neighbours and what actions are taken next

North Korea seems to be employing a dangerous and very irrational policy
For now...It looks like China is having problems containing this 'mad dog'. Either China pull the leash or sever it and let this 'mad dog' die.

A bit is correct. Prominent will be US air power. South Korea today is not Iraq or Afghanistan. South Korea is wealthy, militarily sophisticated, and is a close ally to the US. The US does not seek to occupy North Korea but South Korea does. For Iraq, the US had to occupy the country and does not consent to any regional powers to share in that occupation. Afghanistan is so far out there it is not even worth considering as an analogy and a warning.

Oh yeah I agree, the South Korea by all accounts have fashioned a modern professional army (not as good as the Canadian forces but who is ;))

also you gotta stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't mention Afghanistan at all!

Scared? :D Communists should be...
You've just reinforced my point.

@tigershark you'll get use to him. He's the friendly neighbourhood commie hunter.

Oh yeah I agree, the South Korea by all accounts have fashioned a modern professional army (not as good as the Canadian forces but who is ;))
Out of respect for our Northern neighbor, I will refrain from commenting on this.

also you gotta stop putting words in my mouth. I didn't mention Afghanistan at all!
That was not just for you.

@tigershark you'll get use to him. He's the friendly neighbourhood commie hunter.
You mean the guy does not know? :lol: Funny how commies love to make people nervous but get all mighty sensitive when the table is turned. :rolleyes:

It never fails to amaze me how much westerners are rapid warmongers. These are the same people who claim Martin Luther King and Gandhi as heroes and in the same sentence support bombing North Korea. North Korea may be a poor neighbour, but like the saying goes, two wrongs does not make a right. War is an ugly solution. You only have to look at the mess the americans made in Iraq and Afghanistan to see that.
Communism is an nth fold uglier solution for mankind, not just for any country. Look at the mess all over the world to see that. Let the abomination called 'North Korea' die.

LOL exactly.

Although he's not really "hunting commies", he is just "whining at people on the internet".

If that is what passes for a "commie hunter" nowadays... well what can I say lol.

LOL exactly.

Although he's not really "hunting commies", he is just "whining at people on the internet".

If that is what passes for a "commie hunter: nowadays... well what can I say lol.
And yer not...??? :lol:

Commies failed to put the world under their goose-stepping jackboots and now on something that they did not invent -- the Internet -- they now 'whine' about what 'warmongers' are those who dared to resist.

Commies failed to put the world under their goose-stepping jackboots and now on something that they did not invent -- the Internet -- they now 'whine' about what 'warmongers' are those who dared to resist.

Hey at least whining at each can be called a dialog of sorts. :partay:

Have you found any Communists yet? :azn:

(Just for the record, I own my own "private property", just like everyone else in China.)

Suuuuure...And my 'whine' is -- Let the abomination called 'North Korea' die.

Care to join me?

Can't say really I can. I can see why the US is eager but the risk in dismantling the regime is too high, and this risk is will be borne by China, SK and Japan alone.

Also a united Korea is not something that China will relish from a geopolitical point of view. (read no incentive)

Back
Top Bottom