What's new

North Korea Attacks South Korea - Latest Update

We could've asked the same question of the US in 1950:

Why are they letting the military dictatorship run by Japanese collaborators (read up on PRESIDENT Park Chung Hee, interesting man) in the south live? Why don't they pull the plug and just let it naturally be absorbed by the government of the anti-Japanese korean resistance?

The answer is, the US doesn't give a s* about koreans and invaded the north to "one-up" China and Russia.

Also note that alot of "news" on north korea is from south korea. You'd wonder how they have so much news, without sources or citation, without even a news office in that country. Only China and Russia have news offices in North Korea, other than North Korean government. Who knows how much of it is news and how much is "news"? For all we know, the artillery strike never happened.

Good...Good...All the more reasons why you should support my call for the collapse of the moral abomination called 'North Korea'. The rest of your post is merely tap-dancing around this question.

The policy blinder you wear is all your doing, gambit. I'm trying to honestly warn you that America's policy of hanging on to its position of world dominance by invading country after country is a doomed policy because the rest of the world is rising; we are heading to a multipolar world order. The sooner the US accept its decline, the quicker it can turn around its economy, the better it serves its citizens.

I think the difference here is in methodology. Whereas Beijing can dress down Kimmy J in private, they won't do it in public. While America would like/be ecstatic with a Chinese ultimatum to NK, 2003 message to Saddam style.
By attacking South Korea via these potshots, North Korea is effectively 'dissing' China. No less an affront than dressing down the Kim regime in public.

The US is already considered by many here to be South Korea's puppet master anyway. China's options are to either act in no less certain terms to be North Korea's puppet master or let North Korea perish. Chinese troops must be stationed inside North Korea and China must install a new regime.

I think that is what China is doing with this leadership succession. The appointment of a reformist prime minister a couple of month ago was believed to be China's work.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this attack doesn't have something to do with the military elite trying to bargain its way into a more powerful position when Kim dies.

Who knows if North Korea actually attacked south korea. The videos could easily be of a military drill. Note that there are no photos of the wounded. It's not like this is the first time US has resorted to fake news for its foreign policy objectives, it is easy to extend it to south korea which also has a history of fake news against the north.

By attacking South Korea via these potshots, North Korea is effectively 'dissing' China. No less an affront than dressing down the Kim regime in public.

This is where my unruly little brat analogy comes in.

The policy blinder you wear is all your doing, gambit. I'm trying to honestly warn you that America's policy of hanging on to its position of world dominance by invading country after country is a doomed policy because the rest of the world is rising; we are heading to a multipolar world order. The sooner the US accept its decline, the quicker it can turn around its economy, the better it serves its citizens.
And the US will be there to keep it that way. Much to China's chagrin, no?

And the US will be there to keep it that way. Much to China's chagrin, no?

Thank you for exposing a basic paranoia widely shared in the West--that china wants to take over the world. Let me say that most Chinese absolutely do not want to rule the world: it's expensive in money and lives. China wants a strong military to secure itself against foreign aggression and invasion, so the century of humiliation can never be repeated. A multipolar world is just what we want--being free from US bullying.

DPRK is a dark hole for any intelligence agency, and their policy to use chemical weapons as conventional ones.

I think that is what China is doing with this leadership succession. The appointment of a reformist prime minister a couple of month ago was believed to be China's work.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if this attack doesn't have something to do with the military elite trying to bargain its way into a more powerful position when Kim dies.

I hope your right and that thereis more going on be hind the scenes than we know on the first part.

Sadly your probably right on the second part as well, it seems the way to prove you have bigger ones than the next general is to attack the south.

Only solution i see is send in the Canadians.

mounti4.jpg

Thank you for exposing a basic paranoia widely shared in the West--that china wants to take over the world. Let me say that most Chinese absolutely do not want to rule the world: it's expensive in money and lives. China wants a strong military to secure itself against foreign aggression and invasion, so the century of humiliation can never be repeated. A multipolar world is just what we want--being free from US bullying.

I don't think any amount convincing will make everyone happy that China isn't out for global domination or international adventurism, but I am fairly certain time will prove our case.

Iran and NK are like two ends of the see-saw now. The US cannot keep both of them down at the same time. Iraq business is largely finished but there is still afghanistan.

I hope your right and that thereis more going on be hind the scenes than we know on the first part.

Sadly your probably right on the second part as well, it seems the way to prove you have bigger ones than the next general is to attack the south.

Only solution i see is send in the Canadians.

hahahaha neat poster.

The problem is we just don't know. It's the whole lack of transparency thing. I'm almost certain China is doing something to the effect of decentralizing power for the next succession and forcing opening/market reforms on North Korea but it's all just reading tea leaves.

I think China realizes that North Korea will grow more unstable without reforms, but the leadership in China had a lot success with gradual reforms (China's own opening happened slowly over 30 years and arguably still happening now) and we as humans do tend to fall back on experience.

Back
Top Bottom