What's new

Norinco VT-4 MBT

I have serious questions on procurement policy of Thailand but after Pakistani trials I think China would have massive changes and improvements on VT4

The VT4's failure in Pakistan is not tantamount to it being an ineffectual platform or that it will face similar issues in Thailand.

Your T-99 A2 is great Tank but not this one. This totally failed in our Desert tests.
Your T-99 A2 is great Tank but not this one. This totally failed in our Desert tests.

No,no,no。

The VT-4 is one of the finest tanks on the market,with a price tag to boot。

It was perhaps too expensive to Pakistan's liking。

The VT4's failure in Pakistan is not tantamount to it being an ineffectual platform or that it will face similar issues in Thailand.
No,no,no。

The VT-4 is one of the finest tanks on the market,with a price tag to boot。

It was perhaps too expensive to Pakistan's liking。
There is reason why Thailand buy VT-4 and they will not be disappointed. The only disappointed will be some US led Pakistanis lacky forumer who loves to smear and tainted sino Pakistan r/s with fake lies. They are part of CIA led operation against China.

Last edited:
it's a good tank the VT-4

not sure which one I would chose between the VT-4 and T-90MS

RTA rejected T90 and choose VT4, it tells everything. China tank is not garbage.
RTA cancelled T84 contract because Ukraine could not deliver what was promised.
The new Chinese deal is:
50 VT4s @ US4 million;
1300 HP water cooling turbocharged diesel engine;
125 mm smoothbore;
RWS.

RTA delegation in China
20160515001825663.jpg

The new Chinese deal is:
50 VT4s @ US4 million;
125 mm smoothbore;
RWS.

RTA delegation in China
20160515001825663.jpg

Let it through your heads, only QN ignorant would underestimate Chinese expertise and skills in battle tank manufacturing, heck, their new mbts offer great bang for the buck and very acceptable performance under most conditions.

However, people should keep in mind that its failure in bahawalpur tamewala region doesn't make it a bad tank by any means. Even M-1A1 failed during tests here, and failed quite miserably with its engine overheating, FCS malfunctions and even ecs gone bonkers.

The point is that i would taka a VT-4 over t-90MS any day due to its features and improvements. However, each country has different requirements related to the terrain it intends to operate the tank, which is where VT-4 is so far, not a good choice for Pakistan.

On a side note, I am glad Thailand finally settled for something other than Oplot.

The new Chinese deal is:
50 VT4s @ US4 million;
125 mm smoothbore;
RWS.

RTA delegation in China
20160515001825663.jpg
4 millions USD per really bangs for the Bucks. Why VT4 win over T90 in RTA's bidding?

4 millions USD per really bangs for the Bucks. Why VT4 win over T90 in RTA's bidding?
This post from Chinese forum may expla
http://mil.huanqiu.com/observation/2016-05/8930966.html
【环球网军事5月15日报道 记者 刘昆】据“泰国武装力量”网站5月13日报道,泰国皇家陆军已经于4月份和中国方面签订了购买一个营MBT-3000(VT-4)坦克的合同,据估计数量约为50辆,合同金额尚未公布,预计两年内交付完毕。

文章称,由于乌克兰局势持续动荡,泰国向其订购的200辆T-84“堡垒”坦克迟迟无法交付,这使得泰国方面开始寻求新的替代品,此时MBT-3000主战坦克出现在了泰国军方的视野中。

泰国军方表示,如果首批订购的50辆MBT-3000坦克令人满意的话,将会继续购买150辆该型坦克。值得注意的是,泰国方面还提出了要求,就是即使全部的MBT-3000主战坦克都在中国生产,也需要向泰国转让生产技术。

军事观察人士表示,据报道,在泰国陆军前些年举行的下一代坦克招标中,由于中国当时不允许在外贸型的MBT-2000主战坦克上装备国产发动 机,只能配备乌克兰发动机,因此泰方最终选择了乌克兰的T-84“堡垒”坦克。根据之前的报道,MBT-3000的出口价格约为400万美元每辆,因此这 样算来,中泰此次坦克合同金额约合2亿美元。

MBT-3000坦克重52吨,长10.1米,宽3.4米,配备了国产1300马力的水冷式涡轮增压柴油发动机,最大越野速度高达75 公里,在火力上,MBT-3000配备了1门125毫米滑膛炮,自动遥控武器站,能够发射各种炮弹和炮射导弹,采用了新型的“猎-歼”火控系统,能够准确 击中5000米的目标。

RTA rejected T90 and choose VT4, it tells everything. China tank is not garbage.
The real garbage is those fake pakistanis forumer telling pack of lies. They will brag about how good American weapon is. Yet the Saudi Abram M1A2 cook easily after hit by an ATGM? The saudi M1A2 has the same configuration as US one. The only downgrade is the armour and yet the blown off ammo feature failed to work and cook the whole tank alive? I thought the American brag how safe their tank is and how they value their crew? LOL.. What a joke. Just another junk with useless feature.

The American and their lacky are famous in overstate their equipment and full of bragging. Against well organised and modern Chinese weapons, the US weapons flaw and poor reliabilties will be seriously exposed.

it's a good tank the VT-4

not sure which one I would chose between the VT-4 and T-90MS
VT-4 outclass T-90MS.

@Beast is it economical to TOT VT4 for just 150 tanks? I don't think we should bring TOT in the table for every deal. It takes hell loots of blood and sweat of engineers to make it a successful product.

The real garbage is those fake pakistanis forumer telling pack of lies. They will brag about how good American weapon is. Yet the Saudi Abram M1A2 cook easily after hit by an ATGM? The saudi M1A2 has the same configuration as US one. The only downgrade is the armour and yet the blown off ammo feature failed to work and cook the whole tank alive? I thought the American brag how safe their tank is and how they value their crew? LOL.. What a joke. Just another junk with useless feature.

The American and their lacky are famous in overstate their equipment and full of bragging. Against well organised and modern Chinese weapons, the US weapons flaw and poor reliabilties will be seriously exposed.

VT-4 outclass T-90MS.
Russian tanks perform pathetically in the tank contest especially the shot accuracy is miserable.

@Beast is it economical to TOT VT4 for just 150 tanks? I don't think we should bring TOT in the table for every deal. It takes hell loots of blood and sweat of engineers to make it a successful product.

Dont be fooled by the term TOT. It just teaches you how to make the hull and those simple mechanism. Main gun secret, engine and system will still need to be import.

TOT is a very loose term. Indian brag about how Russian allow TOT of AL-31FP engine for their Su-30MKI and yet they still can't make a simple Kaveri engine? How much has Indian absorbed from those TOT?

You seriously believe Russian allow real TOT for their engine? :P Same as China term for TOT. The Turkish FD-2000 deal collapse becos China refused the crucial TOT wanted by Turkey defence. Chinese are no idiots. The real idiots are those who think TOT from other country is some magic formula. :D

Russian tanks perform pathetically in the tank contest especially the shot accuracy is miserable.

The pathetic Russian tank even needs to jam brake to get their shot together and some still missed the stationery shot. :lol:

While Chinese Type96A continue to maintain steady speedy speed to knockout all targets on move.

In the end, Chinese tank did not win the competition becos Russian cheat by awarding high percentage to racing while little percentage on shooting. Plus they put a 1100HP engine on their T-72 for competition while Chinese used an real operation type96A(800HP engine) with no modification to enter the contest. Of cos, we let the Russian won. They are the host and let them have some face. :D

Back
Top Bottom