What's new

Non-Proliferation Lobby Analysts Seek to Corner India on CTBT

Cardsharp are you by chance a nuclear targeteer or scientist or has experience handling live nukes?

Of course not, but I can parse facts, and I don't have to buried my head in the sand. I came upon this topic independent of this thread and the other thread. I follow a couple of non-proliferation and arms control blogs written by nuclear scientists and people who work in the arena of anti-nuclear proliferation, and India's nuclear flop was one of the topics that someone wrote an article about a year back.

Of course not, but I can parse facts, and I don't have to buried my head in the sand.
Well l know some nuclear targeteers saying India has minaturized 200kt nukes.But
you are saying even fission failed

The thermonuke is a flop not the fission devices which are working fine.I see deterrence still standing in this case

Well l know some nuclear targeteers saying India has minaturized 200kt nukes.But
you are saying even fission failed

I've heard that number before as well, but India has not tested anything above 20 kt.

The thermonuke is a flop not the fission devices which are working fine.I see deterrence still standing in this case

It depends on what you consider adequate deterrence. As another Indian scientists and activist put it

The claim that the May 1998 thermonuclear test failed should not be used to demand further testing. India does not need hydrogen bombs for security

http://www.tni.org/archives/act/19837

It is up to India to decide what is enough but it is silly and childish to claim capabilities by reassuring people on TV interviews.

you don't need to test anything above that because you can magnify the yield upto 200kt thats what i heard.Thermonuke was a flop

you don't need to test anything above that because you can magnify the yield upto 200kt thats what i heard.Thermonuke was a flop

You can design a weapon meant to have 200kt but the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak. No sensible nation would deploy weapons they have no confidence in.

You can design a weapon meant to have 200kt but the proof of the pudding is in the eating so to speak. No sensible nation would deploy weapons they have no confidence in.
Mao did cabaret with USSR using a dozen dud nukes.Which would not even be able to hit the broadside of Moscow.When USSR wanted to invade lop nor and
nuke china

Cardsharp you truly are a chemist.No wonder you want everything exactly

Mao did cabaret with USSR using a dozen dud nukes.Which would not even be able to hit the broadside of Moscow.When USSR wanted to invade lop nor and
nuke china

Like I said, no is quite sure what constitutes a true deterrent in every situation.

Cardsharp you truly are a chemist.No wonder you want everything exactly

Thank?

Who cares, I think I ll believe the words of Indian government and our Nuclear program director, than some random ranting nincompoop on the internet.

Its funny that a criticism coming from one Indian scientist becomes an absolute truth, but the rebuttal coming from many other Indian scientists just doesn't cut it.

You'd think after living in the western world, these people would have gotten used to the ways of free speech and democracy. :bunny:

and seriously lols at you trying to deter me with a youtube video, saying I shouldn't miscalculate. (yes I have my finger on the big red button now...)

As some have already mentioned, I don't need nukes to deter you.

I have not seen Chinese generals trying to occupy Arunachal Pradesh or even Tawang by force. That would mean the deterrence is working for those it is meant for.

Of course by sheer luck they got a willing client state they can use against India to the last citizen.

As some have already mentioned, I don't need nukes to deter you.

I have not seen Chinese generals trying to occupy Arunachal Pradesh or even Tawang by force. That would mean the deterrence is working for those it is meant for.

Of course by sheer luck they got a willing client state they can use against India to the last citizen.

lol... Your evidence for India's nuclear deterrent is that China hasn't started a nuclear war over a stretch of disputed land? I'd stick to slaving out computer code for whatever outsourcing company willing to have you.

lol... Your evidence for India's nuclear deterrent is that China hasn't started a nuclear war over a stretch of disputed land? I'd stick to slaving out computer code for whatever outsourcing company willing to have you.

I won't stoop to your level though.

And the Chinese complain about racist Indians. Post reported.

Back
Top Bottom