What's new

No WC legacy for teeming Dhaka.2nd worst city to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what, you were better of at stealing random pics from facebook and claiming them as your girlfriend. At least you should have removed the picture with Club NRG logo. :lol:

Stupid Bangladeshis.
Why getting personal??He just posted the pics to show that there are night clubs in Dhaka against your claim.Now does it matter whether he took this pics by himself or not??You are trying to change the facts by getting personal and using abusive words.

Hahaha don't flatter yourself dundun. Anyway you seem to know so much about shanties in Kolkata, have you ever lived there yourself! :P

You know what, you were better of at stealing random pics from facebook and claiming them as your girlfriend. At least you should have removed the picture with Club NRG logo. :lol:

Stupid Bangladeshis.

club NRG is part of an event management...its an event named by the DJ.....even here club event photos are taken by different event photo companies to make it seem more glamorous. you dont do clubbing, so dont comment on what you dont know about, idiot...you are proud of your kolkata nightclubs i guess..they dont even have professional photography:lol:

Why getting personal??He just posted the pics to show that there are night clubs in Dhaka against your claim.Now does it matter whether he took this pics by himself or not??You are trying to change the facts by getting personal and using abusive words.

nothing personal buddy, just pulling his legs.

Jumuna Future Park will be one of the largest mall in Asia. Mall contruction is almost completed and will go into initial phase of operation this year.

Jamuna Future Park.flv - YouTube

Jamuna Future park will be 7th or 3rd largest (different sources) in the world and largest in South Asia.

Jamuna Future Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
World 3rd Largest Shooping Mall | The Biggest Shopping Mall In South Asia | Jamuna Future Park | Bangladesh - YouTube

Bashundhara City is the largest in South Asia and 12th in the world.

International rankings of Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bashundhara City

So Jamuna is defeating Bashundhara, the race is inside BD....no other SAARC nations are seen in the competition.

Delhi is a different type of city than Dhaka.
Space is the major problem in Dhaka. Besides growth rate of Dhaka is enormous. After the completion of the current infra projects you will see a complete different Dhaka not too far away.

Everyone keeps their capital city beautiful and you are right every city has own sets of condition. It is part of Indian government's declared policy to keep Delhi from being overcrowded by developing numerous satellite towns around it which has helped a lot to keep Delhi from being overcrowded.

Dhaka is in the same league as Patna maybe. Dhaka won't be like Delhi in 50 years.

Delhi NCR

3835002315_fe6791c9cf_b.jpg

6594977135_7aeb81fbac_b.jpg

6822576743_37a4b933d6_b.jpg

6896255249_c6c93d9028_o.jpg

6896197013_b1d530f851_o.jpg

53196105.jpg

gurgaonmetro1024s.jpg

11a8k8h.jpg

Dhaka is in the same league as Patna maybe. Dhaka won't be like Delhi in 50 years.

Do not make such bold comment of 50 years... It looks little better in the sub cities region which are built around it recently.

Delhi is ahead of Dhaka in some of the following sectors:

1. Much larger land
2. Better public transport system
3. Already made some of the sub cities
4. Better infrastructure.

But I would like to remind you that Dhaka is already working on all of these. Within the next couple of years when all of these projects will be done then Dhaka will look completely different.

But seeing all these township and infra development Bangladesh will work on to keep away all these trouble.

This is the video on New and Old Delhi:

I went there. It is little ahead of Dhaka but not something extraordinary.

This Gurgaon and Noida may look beautiful from outside... but many residents are not happy with the planning and many factors..

N comparing Dhaka with Patna... :lol:... Your home region Banaras is not even in any near comparison with it. Not to mention Bihar (poorest then even sub saharan africa) where you also have some link. Kolkata is only ahead in terms of metro and better transportation system. But once done it will be placed much behind then Dhaka. Already if any one visit the 2 city can see that Kolkata is much dirtier then Dhaka.

Last edited by a moderator:
N comparing Dhaka with Patna... :lol:... Your home region Banaras is not even in any near comparison with it. Not to mention Bihar (poorest then even sub saharan africa) where you also have some link. Kolkata is only ahead in terms of metro and better transportation system. But once done it will be placed much behind then Dhaka. Already if any one visit the 2 city can see that Kolkata is much dirtier then Dhaka.

I still think Dhaka and Patna is strikingly similar. I have been to both cities. Tell me if this doesn't look like Dhaka,

And well Banaras is a very old city, oldest continously inhabited city of the world, so its congested, and not to forget receives atleast 10 Million pilgrims every year. Still we have India's best university in Banaras, so thats something.

I still think Dhaka and Patna is strikingly similar. I have been to both cities. Tell me if this doesn't look like Dhaka,

And well Banaras is a very old city, oldest continously inhabited city of the world, so its congested, and not to forget receives atleast 10 Million pilgrims every year. Still we have India's best university in Banaras, so thats something.

Yes but only something like old dhaka and motijheel area which was developed during Pakistan era. There are much better areas then these. Even though price of property is very high around motijheel.

This is the video of Patna ... after seeing it ... it is clear that it is pretty simple city and there is very few high rise buildings. But the picture you have shown looks like mali bagh, khil goan, rampura of Dhaka where mostly middle to poor class of Dhaka people lives.

Motijheel...the one area I always tried to avoid travelling to all the way from Uttara "><

Ewww, no offence but Delhi and Dhaka aren't even in the same league. Not to forget the non existent public transportation in Dhaka, and top notch Metro and bus service in Delhi. There is no comparison.

Dhaka is around the same level as Hyderabad maybe. Even then Hyderabad is better, cleaner and has decent public transportation.

No big city in India is overcrowded except Mumbai although Navi Mumbai is not overcrowded. But still Mumbai has one of the best Infrastructure in the subcontinent and some 100 skyscrapers projects are going on in Mumbai.

Look at these thing which makes Mumbai infrastructure better from others.

Mumbai will have two airports in few months, only city in South Asia.
1) Mumbai International Airport (which was modernized recently)
2)Navi Mumbai International Airport (opening this year)

Public Transport
Suburban Railways, Metro Rail, Monorail, BEST Buses.

Skyscrapers:- some 100 skyscraper projects are under construction in Mumbai including one of the tallest buildings in the world. India Tower (720 metre) will be world's third tallest building after completion.
Mumbai Monorail
Mumbai-Monorail-Pic-1.jpg

Bandra-Worli Sea Link
710px-Bandra_worli_sea_link.jpg

And here is Mumbai Skyline and no city in the South India have such infrastructure.
List of tallest buildings in Mumbai - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

800px-Mumbai_Skyline_at_Night.jpg

Imperial Towers Mumbai(254 m)
580px-ImperialMumbai.JPG

Skyscrapers Under Construction in Mumbai.
World One 442 metres
220px-World_One_Mumbai.png

India Tower (720 metre)
India_Tower_Mumbai.jpg

Namaste Towers(300m)
327px-Namaste_Tower_Mumbai.jpg

Mumbai Pune Expressway
427px-MumbaiPuneExpressway.jpg

Do not make such bold comment of 50 years... It looks little better in the sub cities region which are built around it recently.

Delhi is ahead of Dhaka in some of the following sectors:

1. Much larger land
2. Better public transport system
3. Already made some of the sub cities
4. Better infrastructure.

But I would like to remind you that Dhaka is already working on all of these. Within the next couple of years when all of these projects will be done then Dhaka will look completely different.

But seeing all these township and infra development Bangladesh will work on to keep away all these trouble.

This is the video on New and Old Delhi:

I went there. It is little ahead of Dhaka but not something extraordinary.

This Gurgaon and Noida may look beautiful from outside... but many residents are not happy with the planning and many factors..

Man, this is called sort of superiority complex. It's always good to recognize the truth. indian cities do not lag in govt. initiative to develop system. If you look at a city's development, there are two parts- one is govt. initiative and other is private initiative. Dhaka definitely lags with govt. initiatives but advances in private initiatives. All malls, shopping complexes, super shops etc. are unbelievable private initiatives. And graveyard roads throughout the whole city along with blessing of traffic jams are wise govt. initiatives :yahoo: .

In Kolkata I traveled a distance by metro within only 3-5 minutes with a ticket of rs 3 maybe whereas that same distance I traveled there by bus that took almost one hour. Their govt. took that step, our govt. could not. We need to resolve our issues that will automatically push us to the top in competition.

Sylhet and Chittagong look better than Patna let alone Dhaka,though right now i would prefer to live in Chittagong or Sylhet rather than Dhaka.

Can you show me a path to settle there, I want to leave this Dhaka :frown: ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom