What's new

No WC legacy for teeming Dhaka.2nd worst city to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It must be pretty tough living in Dhaka since people there have to come to Kolkata to taste shopping malls, multiplexes, nigh clubs, pubs etc. My condolence.

Going shanty town kolkata for mall, please don't flatter yourself. Dhaka has much better malls than Delhi (don't know about Mumbai) rest of india. Kolkata or even delhi is not in Dhaka's league. Delhi may have wider avenue and metro but still have historic look. Where as Dhaka has much more contemporary look and culture. It goes to show indians know jack about Dhaka yet running their tradition big mouth.

Once Dhaka has its mass transit and ongoing flyover/elevated highway projects completed, living and driving should be better. Mall, multiplexs are things people enjoyed for many years in Dhaka. For shopping those who can afford goes to Thailand, Malaysia, Dubai.

It must be pretty tough living in Dhaka since people there have to come to Kolkata to taste shopping malls, multiplexes, nigh clubs, pubs etc. My condolence.

nghtclubs and pubs go against the culture of Bangladeshi muslim society. But if you are into the scene, there are places.

2hx0lxy.jpg

This is a party i attended last summer....the ministry of sound, one of the best nightclubs in the world were brought to dhaka. There are events like that almost every week in dhaka.

Dhaka police is the friendliest police in the world:lol: I have been even taken to the police station a couple of times, they let me go after 3 hours. In other places the offense i had committed i'd be serving jail for at least 6 months.

2b7k9j.jpg

Dhaka is not that bad:bunny:

What was the crime you committed ?

Did you make any money ?

Honestly, all South Asian cities look kinda shabby (except some really posh areas). Karachi, Mumbai, Dhaka.. all overpopulated and full of slums. :P

CNN's Future Cities to feature Dhaka this month

CNN's Future Cities to feature Dhaka this month

Swati Arya
Fri, 25 May 2012 09:34:00

This month, ‘Future Cities’ is in Dhaka, Bangladesh. This sprawling Asian metropolis is the fastest growing megacity in the world, with 15 million residents and counting. Thirty per cent of people live in slums, which is increasing every year with the arrival of a whopping 500,000 new migrants, all looking for work and relief from the floods of the north. Future Cities Dhaka airs* on Saturday 26 May at 1015, Sunday 27 May at 1715, Saturday 23 June at 1715 and Sunday 24 June at 1015 .

This city may be choked with people, traffic and pollution, but, like any city, Dhaka has its dreams and its vision for the future. With the pressure on to provide efficient transport networks, adequate housing, and clean water, plans are underway to tame this megacity and make it liveable.

‘Future Cities’ host Leone Lakhani learns about the city’s bold plan to improve the whole transport infrastructure, including a new metro system which will carry 750,000 people each day; a new industrial plant to treat water and quench the thirst of the city’s inhabitants; and she also meets an architect who’s planning for Dhaka's future by building floating houses, schools and hospitals.

‘Future Cities’ meets the people living the complex reality of this megacity, and asks whether the city will ever cope with the demands of a population that is spiralling out of control.

I hate dhaka city. I hate the fact that i am a prisoner in this jail.... I hate everything about dhaka .........

Depends which part of Dhaka you live in. And of-course, social-class and money counts.

But I agree, it does suffer from inadequate planning. People are too focused on economic numbers.

No idea about New Delhi since I've never been there. And frankly, it's pointless to have some ****-measuring contest.

Going shanty town kolkata for mall, please don't flatter yourself. Dhaka has much better malls than Delhi (don't know about Mumbai) rest of india. Kolkata or even delhi is not in Dhaka's league. Delhi may have wider avenue and metro but still have historic look. Where as Dhaka has much more contemporary look and culture. It goes to show indians know jack about Dhaka yet running their tradition big mouth.

Once Dhaka has its mass transit and ongoing flyover/elevated highway projects completed, living and driving should be better. Mall, multiplexs are things people enjoyed for many years in Dhaka. For shopping those who can afford goes to Thailand, Malaysia, Dubai.

Hahaha don't flatter yourself dundun. Anyway you seem to know so much about shanties in Kolkata, have you ever lived there yourself! :P

nghtclubs and pubs go against the culture of Bangladeshi muslim society. But if you are into the scene, there are places.

2hx0lxy.jpg

This is a party i attended last summer....the ministry of sound, one of the best nightclubs in the world were brought to dhaka. There are events like that almost every week in dhaka.

You know what, you were better of at stealing random pics from facebook and claiming them as your girlfriend. At least you should have removed the picture with Club NRG logo. :lol:

Stupid Bangladeshis.

Idune, Dhaka seems beautiful but nowhere near Delhi.

Honestly, all South Asian cities look kinda shabby (except some really posh areas). Karachi, Mumbai, Dhaka.. all overpopulated and full of slums. :P

Bangalore is a well planned clean city with no slums with climate like hill station. Only things that sucks in Bangalore is traffic but phase 1 totaling 43km Bangalore Metro will be completed by the end of 2013 ending traffic woes. Infact new airport was constructed 40 km north of the city so that city can expand Northward, old airport which was once outskirt now lies in the middle of the city.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom