What's new

No WC legacy for teeming Dhaka.2nd worst city to live in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Dhaka and Patna is strikingly similar. I have been to both cities. Tell me if this doesn't look like Dhaka,

And well Banaras is a very old city, oldest continously inhabited city of the world, so its congested, and not to forget receives atleast 10 Million pilgrims every year. Still we have India's best university in Banaras, so thats something.

Are you here only for trolling??? We are sorry if we said anything bad about your fiance.. Ohh, are you still with her or she already dumped you??? LOL

On topic: Do you exactly know how to compare a cities? You pick X building of one city and compare that with Y building of another city and you came up with an analogy that Dhaka is Patna. What is your IQ score?

I dont want want to say anything more. Just read CNN or or other international organization who keep tracks of cities. As far as I remember Dhaka is among top 5 cities in the world by volume and going to be the biggest city by 2025.

We have few other cities which I could show you to work with and find better comparison with Indian cities. Good luck

Sorry to burst the bubble but Dhaka is not on par
with Mumbai, Delhi (new) or Karachi.
Don't want to sound pessimistic but it's true. The road
network and transport systems determine a cities livability,
although there are infra projects on queue for Dhaka but
until then it's a fact.

I would say Cox's Bazar gonna beat the hell out of every city in Bangldesh:D

32 of the more than 50 "Five Star Hotels" currently being built in Cox's Bazar

5p4lxg.png

yeah fastest growing population..............but not in development....:cheesy:

I would say Cox's Bazar gonna beat the hell out of every city in Bangldesh:D

Cox's Bazar is currently the wealthiest part of Bangladesh. Even more than Dhaka.

Thanks to tourism. Brah...

An article worth reading, no city in the subcontinent is near Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.

GaWC studies( Globalization and World Cities Research Network)

Mumbai = alpha+ ratings.
Delhi = alpha rating
Bangalore =Beta+ rating.

Karachi = Beta ratings, Chennai also have Beta rating.
Dhaka=sufficiency ratings behind Kolkata (Beta- rating)

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2010

2012 Ranking of cities by American journal Foreign Policy

Mumbai-45
Delhi-48
Bangalore-58
Karachi-62
Dhaka-63
Kolkata-64

Global City Competitiveness Index(Economist Magazine)
Delhi-68
Mumbai-70
Bangalore-79
Ahmedabad-92
Pune-97
Hyderabad-98
Chennai-105
Kolkata-106

Karachi-112
Dhaka-118

All these ranking are given here with reference source link 32 and 33
Wikipedia Global city-Global Cities Index

An article worth reading, no city in the subcontinent is near Mumbai, Delhi and Bangalore.

GaWC studies( Globalization and World Cities Research Network)

Mumbai = alpha+ ratings.
Delhi = alpha rating
Bangalore =Beta+ rating.

Karachi = Beta ratings, Chennai also have Beta rating.
Dhaka=sufficiency ratings behind Kolkata (Beta- rating)

GaWC - The World According to GaWC 2010

2012 Ranking of cities by American journal Foreign Policy

Mumbai-45
Delhi-48
Bangalore-58
Karachi-62
Dhaka-63
Kolkata-64

Global City Competitiveness Index(Economist Magazine)
Delhi-68
Mumbai-70
Bangalore-79
Ahmedabad-92
Pune-97
Hyderabad-98
Chennai-105
Kolkata-106

Karachi-112
Dhaka-118

All these ranking are given here with reference source link 32 and 33
Wikipedia Global city-Global Cities Index

I am surprised to see Dhaka made its position in those ranking. Nobody disputed about the fact that Dhaka is worst place to live in. But the city is huge and growth is enormous. Comparing it with Patna or 2nd tier cities of India is just stupid. In 20 years from now it will be Bombay, Delhi, Karachi, Dhaka which will be considered as Mega Cities in South Asia and will surpass every other cities in the world.

Could this also be the reason that the people are migrating from Bangladesh?

Could this also be the reason that the people are migrating from Bangladesh?

You stupid m***n dnt start trolling here or put your crap. Where people are migrating from Bangladesh? At least not in the super poor India where people are suffering.

In Dhaka the biggest problem is traffic congestion due to lack of infrastructure and shortage of electricity and influx of people. But already projects are undergoing to adress the issues. For influx of people mostly are garment workers. But government is planning to move out the garments out of the city n a special zone is selected. It will reduce the density of people along with slums in Dhaka. Once the infrastructure projects are completed Dhaka will be ranked much higher then other cities.

You stupid m***n dnt start trolling here or put your crap. Where people are migrating from Bangladesh? At least not in the super poor India where people are suffering.

In Dhaka the biggest problem is traffic congestion due to lack of infrastructure and shortage of electricity and influx of people. But already projects are undergoing to adress the issues. For influx of people mostly are garment workers. But government is planning to move out the garments out of the city n a special zone is selected. It will reduce the density of people along with slums in Dhaka. Once the infrastructure projects are completed Dhaka will be ranked much higher then other cities.

You missed one thing...the essence of enormous dustbins throughout Dhaka we people enjoy :cheesy: .

dhaka can definately be compared to patna as dhaka has 350 sq. km area while patna has a massive 420 sq. km. area.......leave chittagong and sylhet.....sylhet has 26 sq. km. area with a massive 5 lakhs population so density comes out to be near 16000 people per sq. km........chittagong is also similar with around 168 sq. km and 15800 people/sq.km density.....check any source!!.....so bigger the city area lesser the need of highrises for which patna is appropriate....bangladeshi cities are stuffed so they need to go higher....i'm not criticising, i personally like dhaka but i didnt like the way people are making a mess outta here.....it will be definately a star city in 2020!:cheers:

:) .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom