What's new

No US visa for Pakistani mangoes

@That Guy
Honestly speaking for raw fruit HWT is enough...for ripen fruits UV is enough...I think USDA is BS....big time! Mind you Australia and NZ have stricter policy then USDA if the mangoes can enter Austrlia they should be allowed in USA....

Previously, the country had been exporting mangoes to Hong Kong, Singapore, Malaysia, China, Iran, Jordan and the UK. After acquiring the hot water treatment (HWT) technology in 2012, the country was able to enter new markets in Lebanon, South Korea, Australia and Mauritius, while

New Zealand and South Africa are likely to be added to the list this season.

Mangoes can cause nine types of diseases – fruit flies, their eggs and larva being the most dangerous. The HWT technology kills them all, Durrani claims, which is why Australia that has one of the world’s toughest regulation standards opened up its market for Pakistani mangoes.

I dont really think that is an issue...I have eaten Pakistani mangoes in UK and also know they are available in Malaysia so either US is BS as usual or seriously it has some prob with Pakistan not the product or any other issue!
looks like you did not read the article and came up with your usual 'USA is bad' rant. :)

HWT and Vapor Heat Treatment are used in some countries but fruit flies in those countries are different from those in Pakistan, Spokesperson for US Consulate General Karachi Andrew L. Armstrong told The Express Tribune.
Mexico and the US are in the same geographical region – the former’s pests, therefore, don’t pose a threat to the American crops but Pakistan’s do. It is for this reason that the US has not approved of the same treatment for Pakistani mangoes.
“Fruit flies and other pests present in Pakistan, but not in the US, must be killed in order to prevent them from harming fruit and vegetable crops in the US,” Armstrong said.

True fruit flies in Pakistan are different, but there isnt even proper research done on them to even comment that HWT or Vapur heat treatment is not enough!! The US consulate general seems to be pulling one from his backside! Because there is no proper studies you cant make such stupid claims and USDA cant impose anything!

@That Guy
Honestly speaking for raw fruit HWT is enough...for ripen fruits UV is enough...I think USDA is BS....big time! Mind you Australia and NZ have stricter policy then USDA if the mangoes can enter Austrlia they should be allowed in USA....
Perhaps you're right. Still, the article is clear on what needs to be done. As long as Pakistan does it, exports should be allowed.

I don't think it has anything to do with anti-Pakistani sentiment.

looks like you did not read the article and came up with your usual 'USA is bad' rant. :)
Kindly stick to your engineering seems like you dont even know what was written in the article! And just nodded because US consulate said so!

Perhaps you're right. Still, the article is clear on what needs to be done. As long as Pakistan does it, exports should be allowed.

I don't think it has anything to do with anti-Pakistani sentiment.
Not anti.Pakistani I am almost sure they want to promote their mangoes....they have put too much research in it to loose to the taste Pakistani mangoes give...

I do however agree that Pakistanis need to do research and throw do a complete fruit fly research and throw it on their faces! I hate it when they argue about food...They should stick to apples, pears and berries!

True fruit flies in Pakistan are different, but there isnt even proper research done on them to even comment that HWT or Vapur heat treatment is not enough!! The US consulate general seems to be pulling one from his backside! Because there is no proper studies you cant make such stupid claims and USDA cant impose anything!

This is the main reason.

“We need at least two irradiation plants — one each in Karachi and Multan,” Waheed said. Since one plant costs around $2 million, he said, they asked for the government’s support but the latter did not bother.''

I don't know why these people always expect everything from goverment. They hardly pay any taxes anyway.

Kindly stick to your engineering seems like you dont even know what was written in the article! And just nodded because US consulate said so!
you dont need to be a scientist to understand that you have to adhere to same rules that we do... and we had to fight a long battle to get access to USA market (till very recently closed to us).
the rules are same for all, be it Indian or pakistani mango... your australia does bla bla is simply too much info.
looks like you are hell bent on proving that you are being wronged again... :)

@That Guy
http://www.apeda.gov.in/apedawebsite/announcements/guidelines_mangoes_to_usa.pdf
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/publications/plant_health/content/printable_version/faq_imp_indian_mango.pdf

To address this problem, Islamabad and Washington agreed that irradiation was the best treatment, according to Armstrong. In 2010, both countries agreed that the best option was to utilise irradiation facilities in the US. To facilitate this, the USDA created a first of its kind system to allow safe import and irradiation of Pakistani mangoes in the US. Currently, one private facility in Iowa is available for irradiation of mangoes from Pakistan.
@Armstrong what shitty statements are you giving out?! :unsure:

Irradiation?! Next we know they will proclaim Pakistani mangoes gave cancer to some...I know its low radiation and for a very short time...few miliseconds to seconds if i am not wrong....

If USDA created a facility whats their prob? I think USA wants Pakistan to pay them for the irradiation!

you dont need to be a scientist to understand that you have to adhere to same rules that we do... and we had to fight a long battle to get access to USA market (till very recently closed to us).
BTW the rules are same for all, be it Indian or pakistani mango... your australia does bla bla is simply too much info.
looks like you are hell bent on proving that you are being wronged again... :)

@That Guy
http://www.apeda.gov.in/apedawebsite/announcements/guidelines_mangoes_to_usa.pdf
http://www.aphis.usda.gov/publications/plant_health/content/printable_version/faq_imp_indian_mango.pdf
Too much info? I havent even gone to the technological side of it!

To hell with what india did...Thats their prob that they bend over backwards at every American whim!

You do need to be a scientist to understand what you cant seem to be getting!!

Indian mangoes are better than Pakistani mangoes anytime!! :pop:
Good to know keep them in India...reported for attempts to derail the thread to a dick measuring shit hole! Keep your Indianess to yourself! Thank you!

@That Guy from the article it seems USA either wants to charge Pakistan by providing "its proper and safer service" of irradiation or promote their own mangoes as they have spent too much in "research" on it

We in New Zealand also cannot get Pakistani mangoes.Although they import Kenyans, Mexicans and Peruvians mangoes. It is galling.
Pakistani govt should put pressure on these govts. they dont know what they are missing.

@Armstrong

Too much info? I havent even gone to the technological side of it!

To hell with what india did...Thats their prob that they bend over backwards at every American whim!

You do need to be a scientist to understand what you cant seem to be getting!!
I am amazed that people like you exist!! How hard is it to know that every country has its own rules for import and you need to adhere to it so that you can gain access to that market.
BTW you were implying that somehow pakistan is targetted by this law, but now it seems you think you should not obey their rules but still want their market, and if they shut you out, you will say ' evil americans'... lolz

I am amazed that people like you exist!! How hard is it to know that every country has its own rules for import and you need to adhere to it so that you can gain access to that market.
I am amazed people like you who believe in Evolution fail to let the Science talk! :blink:

BTW you were implying that somehow pakistan is targetted by this law, but now it seems you think you should not obey their rules but still want their market, and if they shut you out, you will say ' evil americans'... lolz
I never said targeted I am talking about loop holes! I never said evil Americans stop putting your own mindset and words in my mouth! Read what I wrote if you cant comprehend ask dont try to act smarter than you are..it gets caught esp when it comes to this area called Agriculture and food sciences!

When you said too much info..I understood you didnt understand a single word!

@Armstrong what shitty statements are you giving out?! :unsure:

Irradiation?! Next we know they will proclaim Pakistani mangoes gave cancer to some...I know its low radiation and for a very short time...few miliseconds to seconds if i am not wrong....

If USDA created a facility whats their prob? I think USA wants Pakistan to pay them for the irradiation!

It is a commercial facility. You have to pay to use it, simple. And you would have to pay the rates in dollars to use it. Not the country, but the user. It might be anyone, the exporter (Pakistani producer) or the importer.
Best way is to open the facilities in Pakistan, much cheaper.

We in New Zealand also cannot get Pakistani mangoes.Although they import Kenyans, Mexicans and Peruvians mangoes. It is galling.
Pakistani govt should put pressure on these govts. they dont know what they are missing.
NZ is a tough one...since its an Island like Australia they fear a little too much about foreign pests and diseases and the control is a little crazy!

It is a commercial facility. You have to pay to use it, simple. And you would have to pay the rates in dollars to use it. Not the country, but the user. It might be anyone, the exporter (Pakistani producer) or the importer.
Best way is to open the facilities in Pakistan, much cheaper.
Yes I wrote that in my next post to that guy! Post 25

Back
Top Bottom