What's new

No US visa for Pakistani mangoes

To hell with what india did...Thats their prob that they bend over backwards at every American whim!
Dont even go there. I know Pakistani's like to project the servile actions of their countrymen and country as the actions of India. But unlike Pakistan, Indians have dignity and pride in their nation. Its not like Pakistan that bends over backwards for any nation that throws a few dollars or riyals here and there.

India is the only nation in South Asia that stands up for its interests against any country in the globe.

Last edited:
Honestly speaking I have never tried Maxican mangoes...I have tried Australian, them mangoes are large and well not soo tasty, Thailand mangoes are a def no no :fie: and well then there is Pakistani mangoes the best sooo far

Yes missed that!
Mexican mmangoes taste horrible. Few of my american friends were raving about them and i was like u call those abominations mangoes

You have huge market in India where they will be appreciated if they are as good as they are made out to be. Our mango season doesn't start until end of April. So, please send them over here.

You have huge market in India where they will be appreciated if they are as good as they are made out to be. Our mango season doesn't start until end of April. So, please send them over here.

The season in Pakistan should be same is India, no?

ok. I got the US is BS part, what possible problem could it be with pakistan, would you agree now that it has nothing to do with pakistan as such but only US law being BS (in your words, I wont know which is which) ..
pakistan does bla bla.. oh gaaad... it does not follow what the importing country wants... :help:
yeah .. probably I should not quote you.. lolz... I might go insane... :wave:
Maybe if you had the basic knowledge of what is required what is known and what USA is asking for it would make more sense to you that USA is really BS!

No studies, fruit flies?

Are you kidding?

Drosophilia and other 'fruit fly' families are used extensively in research and everything from their response to heat, drought, water stress, UV sensitivity, irradiation etc has been researched. Type Drosophilia into Google scholar and you'll get over 1 million hits.

In my first year as a post graduate research scientist, I used to perform gene knockout experiments on fruit flies! Most fruit fly species had their genomes completely mapped before the human genome.

The concerns in this instance of the US are completely valid.
Allah tayra Bhalla keray!! Drosophila is a model fruit fly uskay ilawa bhi aur flies hain...And dont you think since the world knows Drosophilas sequence they would not consider it a major threat?

I am talking about common fruit flies of Pakistan which may be "dangerous or should I say hazardous" to American crops say if infected mangoes were transported....That is what all the hassle is about...

But there isnt much research done on flies in or insect (in terms of host -parasite relationships) and that is what I am talking about for Americans to make such claim is ridiculous based on assumptions that indigenous flies of Pakistan will torment their crops!

Not USAs fault, its our govts fault. Despite knowing that after irradiation USDA will allow Pakistani mangoes, why are they not funding irradiation plants? Stupid *** govt. There should be at least 10 irradiation plants in the country!
Because irradiation is not cheap plus you need technologists who can operate the machine and maintain it! It is also a sensitive method and you cant use too much or too little irradiation and not for prolonged period of times...everything must be accurate...damn equipment does cost and if govt starts funding how will they pocket some money?

Mexican mangoes are crap. They just look like mangoes, taste nothing like the mangoes of the subcontinent.
Buy those which are unripe and wait for it to "semi-naturally" ripen at your home...Those ripe mangoes in the markets are made to ripen quicker than the natural process by using gas ripping and hence taste like crap! Then again I have never tasted Mexican mangoes but we got some Central American bananas and those tasted like crap! So I bought the unripe ones and waited for it to ripen at home

Dont even go there. I know Pakistani's like to project the servile actions of their countrymen and country as the actions of India. But unlike Pakistan, Indians have dignity and pride in their nation. Its not like Pakistan that bends over backwards for any nation that throws a few dollars or riyals here and there.

India is the only nation in South Asia that stands up for its interests against any country in the globe.
Well hello the thread is about Pakistani mangoes why are you people trying to make it an Indian mangoes thread? Go open your own thread!

I prob do agree with the last sentence...Not sure about the only but yes it does stand up for its interest!

Look at the thread title and look at the Indians going on and on about their mangoes...no prob if it was general mango thread which we do have btw but this thread was no visa for Pakistani mangoes...Your mangoes are fine, treated and well off to America nothing to discuss there...

I have never tasted Indian mango so wont comment about the taste or anything but then again this thread is not Indian mango thread!

Last edited:
No studies, fruit flies?

Are you kidding?

Drosophilia and other 'fruit fly' families are used extensively in research and everything from their response to heat, drought, water stress, UV sensitivity, irradiation etc has been researched. Type Drosophilia into Google scholar and you'll get over 1 million hits.

In my first year as a post graduate research scientist, I used to perform gene knockout experiments on fruit flies! Most fruit fly species had their genomes completely mapped before the human genome.

The concerns in this instance of the US are completely valid.
I did specifically mention the fruit flies in Pakistan...

Buy those which are unripe and wait for it to "semi-naturally" ripen at your home...Those ripe mangoes in the markets are made to ripen quicker than the natural process by using gas ripping and hence taste like crap! Then again I have never tasted Mexican mangoes but we got some Central American bananas and those tasted like crap!

That is not the reason. You would know if you taste Mexican mangoes. They lack flavor and smell and they are completely different from our mangoes. If I blindfold you and let you have a bite you would not be able to tell that it's a mango. They are so different, it's like a completely different fruit. You are right about bananas, I buy mine from whole foods, they taste much better.

We are talking about Mangoes, which are top quality in Pakistan.
Attempt is nothing but a bar on Pakistani exports. If Pakistani govt. had any political standing they would block transit aid.
You already have many times....so is this surprising?

This is a conspiracy against Pakistani mangoes. . i smell CIA, RAW and MOSSAD is behind all this :coffee:

That is not the reason. You would know if you taste Mexican mangoes. They lack flavor and smell and they are completely different from our mangoes. If I blindfold you and let you have a bite you would not be able to tell that it's a mango. They are so different, it's like a completely different fruit. You are right about bananas, I buy mine from whole foods, they taste much better.
Hmmm...I have never tasted Mexican mangoes...if they are soo bland then why are they imported in heaps?

This is a conspiracy against Pakistani mangoes. . i smell CIA, RAW and MOSSAD is behind all this :coffee:
:rolleyes: whatever! :rolleyes:

I see alot of stuff from Pakistan when I go to the stores in my area (USA) Many different pakistani spices are sold, aswell as rice, and some fruit products like juice. I buy the spcie packets and make biryani and some other paksitani food alot.

You can make Biryani? So when are you hosting me?:P

Back
Top Bottom