What's new

No trust motion against Imran Khan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing, and that's what's been happening. Until recently.
But you should admit that before khan many governments used this institution against opponents in the past

But you should admit that before khan many governments used this institution against opponents in the past
Every single one of them has used it, including self-righteous IK. It's a bs institution and it needs to be either reformed or scrapped entirely.

And nothing stops today's opposition from using it against IK & co. when they are out of power. It's easy to make up frivolous cases then throw someone in lock up for more than a year, pending a trail that is immediately dismissed as baseless by the actual judiciary, than the monkeys present inside NAB and accountability courts. And yes, I can call them monkeys because a) I'm a nobody, and b) I'm not in Pakistan. If I were somebody who mattered and I was present, maybe I'd be given a free lock up, and some baseless harassment via NAB investigation.

This institution, which itself is not a constitutional institution, was made what it is today by an oath-violating dictator general to go after his political opponents, and that's exactly how the scum in government, sitting or opposition, civilian or military, have decided to use it.

In terms of how we tackle the issue of corruption:
  • Our FBR is the equivalent of HMRC in the UK and the IRS in America, they manage the tax angle.
  • Our equivalent of the financial regulator is SECP, like SEC in the US and FCA in the UK, they manage financial corruption/insider trading etc.
  • Our SBP is the banking regulator, just like the BoE's PRA in the UK and the Fed in the US.
  • Our equivalent of an investigative agency is the FIA, just like the Met/NCA in the UK and FBI in the US.
  • Our courts can prosecute cases and order investigations just like other courts.
However, there is no proper equivalent of NAB (unless I am mistaken), nor is there any equivalent in practise. And in practise, NAB is used as a tool for attacking the government's opponents and whoever our top brass don't like. What good it does coincidentally already falls under the remit of the above agencies, they can already handle a-z of tackling corruption without NAB.

Furthermore, its use of plea bargains, the questionable track record of accountability courts, and its use of frivolous and baseless cases to imprison people are all a stain on justice, constitution, rule of law, and legitimate anti-corruption efforts in Pakistan.

It would be too time consuming for me to make a giant list of things wrong with this institution, from its founding, to its practises, to its modus operandi vs. constitutional articles, and to quote at length the many and varied criticisms levied against it by the Supreme Court. But if you'd like an indication, maybe look up one of the many time the SC has called out NAB on any of the above.

Last edited:
Having voted for Imran Khan in the past two elections, but due to his dismal performance, I would be happy to see him go. But how are we going to get back the money sent abroad through cryptocurrency?

are u planning for maulana to come in power ?

Due on Friday. All Indian media is following this news and launched anti-Army and anti-PTI propaganda in full swing. Seems the opposition has some kind of foreign support.

Seems big disagreement in PDM again ..

Timing of no-trust move to be decided after consensus, says PML-N's Marriyum Aurangzeb

Dawn.comPublished February 23, 2022 - Updated 37 minutes ago

PML-N Information Secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb talks to media in Lahore on Thursday. — DawnNewsTV

PML-N Information Secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb talks to media in Lahore on Thursday. — DawnNewsTV
PML-N Information Secretary Marriyum Aurangzeb on Wednesday stressed that the timing of the no-confidence motion against the government would be jointly decided by the opposition and the Pakistan Democratic Movement (PDM).
The remarks from the PML-N came hours after by Information Minister Fawad Chaudhry dismissed the opposition's attempts at moving a no-trust motion as insignificant and ruled out its chances of success.
"I dare the opposition to table a no-confidence motion within 24 hours," the minister said at a presser earlier in the day.
Responding to the minister's challenge, Aurangzeb said that the opposition was hopeful of emerging victorious in the parliamentary battle to oust the government "because our goal is based on honesty and to rid the people of inflation caused by the incompetent government".
The PML-N leader said an important meeting of opposition leaders was underway and a joint statement would be issued later about the decisions taken.
She also rejected the information minister's claims that three PTI lawmakers had been offered bribes to switch their loyalties.
"No one needs to bribe legislators, especially at a time when the PTI has already lost the trust of its party members," she said while speaking to the media in Lahore.
Aurangzeb also said there was no discord between opposition leaders over a "power-sharing deal".
When asked about PML-N Vice President Maryam Nawaz's absence from recent political meetings, the party spokesperson replied that she had been active in key meetings and that no decision was taken without the consent of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and his daughter.

PML-N to challenge Peca ordinance​

During the press talk, Aurangzeb also said that the PML-N had decided to challenge the recently promulgated Prevention of Electronic Crimes (Amendment) Act Ordinance 2022.
Terming the ordinance a "draconian black law", Aurangzeb said the law should first be applied to Prime Minister Imran Khan for his "false statements accusing opposition leaders of corruption".
She claimed that through the ordinance, the premier was attempting to "silence" the government's critics. She added that the prime minister should also be asked about the abuses he hurled at his political rivals in some of his recent speeches.

Who is this loser and why is she in politics.. whats her qualification? i wont keep her as a safae wali mae in my house..

Every single one of them has used it, including self-righteous IK. It's a bs institution and it needs to be either reformed or scrapped entirely.

And nothing stops today's opposition from using it against IK & co. when they are out of power. It's easy to make up frivolous cases then throw someone in lock up for more than a year, pending a trail that is immediately dismissed as baseless by the actual judiciary, than the monkeys present inside NAB and accountability courts. And yes, I can call them monkeys because a) I'm a nobody, and b) I'm not in Pakistan. If I were somebody who mattered and I was present, maybe I'd be given a free lock up, and some baseless harassment via NAB investigation.

This institution, which itself is not a constitutional institution, was made what it is today by an oath-violating dictator general to go after his political opponents, and that's exactly how the scum in government, sitting or opposition, civilian or military, have decided to use it.

• Our FBR is the equivalent of HMRC in the UK and the IRS in America, they manage the tax angle.
  • Our equivalent of the financial regulator is SECP, like SEC in the US and FCA in the UK, they manage financial corruption/insider trading etc.
  • Our SBP is the banking regulator, just like the BoE's PRA in the UK and the Fed in the US.
  • Our equivalent of an investigative agency is the FIA, just like the Met/NCA in the UK and FBI in the US.
  • Our courts can prosecute cases and order investigations just like other courts.
However, there is no proper equivalent of NAB (unless I am mistaken), nor is there any equivalent in practise. And in practise, NAB is used as a tool for attacking the government's opponents and whoever our top brass don't like. What good it does coincidentally already falls under the remit of the above agencies, they can already handle a-z of tackling corruption without NAB.

Furthermore, its use of plea bargains, the questionable track record of accountability courts, and its use of frivolous and baseless cases to imprison people are all a stain on justice, constitution, rule of law, and legitimate anti-corruption efforts in Pakistan.

It would be too time consuming for me to make a giant list of things wrong with this institution, from its founding, to its practises, to its modus operandi vs. constitutional articles, and to quote at length the many and varied criticisms levied against it by the Supreme Court. But if you'd like an indication, maybe look up one of the many time the SC has called out NAB on any of the above.
NAB was lifted from Hong Kong’s ICAC and Singapore’s Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau. City states that didn’t have an equivalent to an FBI/NCA.

And a civil service rotten to its core

Last edited:
NAB was lifted from Hong Kong’s ICAC and Singapore’s Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau. City states that didn’t have an equivalent to an FBI/NCA.
Makes sense for them then, there's really not that much sense in NAB on top of the other agencies. And even if one were to make a case for a NAB like agency, the actual agency in practise is an abomination.

Nothing. He has no face value neither he is MPA or MNA. He joined PTI just 2 months back before 2018 elections and got removed as SAPM in Jan 2021.
He was removed due to leaking inside news to PPP , people like him are corrupt from foot to mouth, they specially joined for the PTI for some ugly purposes , very are happy that he joined back to his corrupt party from where he belongs to

Any connection?
The opposition are actually banking on people who will only walk on the floor of assembly and not before then. If all of these people are given away, the government can put them out of action (even temporarily) or through illicit measures. They will only feel safe outing themselves when the game is already done and removal from power is a guarantee, because nobody wants to risk punitive action if IK survives.

What might be interesting, and this often happens with balloting of highly contentious motions, IF the target can survive the first round. If the majority by which it failed is large enough, you can have a backing off of the opposition, and loose alliances breaking apart (just like PDM is a loose alliance). If the no confidence fails by a small margin, then the next vote could be decisively against the government, as the scum within PTI ranks and coalition ranks run so that they don't end the battle on the losing side.

How pathetic. We keep going back to a 2 party monopoly on our country like they are some royalty. They have literally robbed the country and kept it stagnant for years but here they are again coming to power. First it was their garbage parents and now these swine off springs to continue the rule over us and our kids? Idgaf id rather military control or a dictatorship if needed. Tired of the same BS every time.

Absolutely Not.
There is only One party rule in Pakistan...The Establishment's Party....through her Cronies i.e.,(Q-Legue, MQM, BAP, GDA, JKT Group, Independents etc.)!!
All Politics circles around their presence in each and every Govt throughout history.

Take the example of current political situation, PTI govt is just becomes unpopular lately, IK is done and dusted, Local Bodies election in cantonments and in KPK was the last example of it. Coming Local bodies election in KPK and Punjab will seal this atmosphere more profoundly, so everyone wants to jumps the ship. If there is no support this govt falls in hours but its not bcz the matter of Establishment cronies is not just yet settled fully. Post IK situation is blurred, Establishment didn't trust NS/Maryam and they too not getting fully on board with Establishment at this very moment as well. PPP cannot rule Punjab, and without Punjab fully along side with Establishment, there is no benefits to topple this govt.

As long as new pasture for establishment cronies are not fully decides, this situation lingers on. No confidence motion could be successful but could be failed as well. For the first time in history, Political parties are hard bargaining with Establishment. IK too is playing more insanely (Marz Barhta gya, Joon Joon Dawa Ki) burning every bridge he founds live and intact. His Russia visit and recent outburst against EU can rally his shrinking support base but ultimately hurts Pakistan's (Deep State) Interests in the longer run. Sadly, We as a nation moving towards dead end.

The opposition might try to remove him via parliament, you don’t need any criminal cases against him for that. Whether or not they succeed is an open question. But the cases always come after, same happened with pretty much every elected/selected PM.
Floor crossing is illegal. There is a law that prevents that so PM Imran Khan cannot actually be removed from parliament through legal means.

He’s been throwing the opposition in jail for fun all this time.
? Have you checked how courts are protecting the opposition? PM Imran Khan cannot put opposition in jail without courts backing who are on opposition's side

What do you think NAB is there to do, seriously?
Chairman NAB is appointed by previous govt. NAB is independent of the govt

NAB's incompetence should be called out but there is no case for it to be shutdown. Here is equivalent of NAB in Singapore

Last edited:
? Have you checked how courts are protecting the opposition? PM Imran Khan cannot put opposition in jail without courts backing who are on opposition's side
You mean courts are enforcing due process, and IK can't act like a tin-pot dictator? quelle horreur...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom