What's new

NO need of US aid

beetel

BANNED
Reaction score
New Delhi: Pakistan is not dependent on America’s financial aid as long as it has China as a friend, the country’s foreign minister has said.

Shah Mahmood Qureshi said China has the authority to speak for Pakistan about the post-Mumbai attacks situation. Qureshi, while speaking at a Chinese New Year function in Islamabad, said he had given a "blank cheque" to China's Vice Foreign Minister and told him that Pakistan would endorse whatever he said in New Delhi about the post-Mumbai attacks situation.

“Thee way you sent your special envoy to Islamabad and when I was seeing him (Chinese minister) off at the Foreign Office, I said to him you could go to Delhi and you have a blank cheque from us. Whatever you say Pakistan will endorse. That is the level of trust and confidence we have in you,” said Qureshi after the new administration of US President Barack Obama listed out terms for Pakistan to receive financial aid.

Qureshi said that relations with China was the cornerstone of Pakistan’s foreign policy and had withstood regional and global changes.

Pakistan and China have complete trust, mutual understanding and convergence of views on bilateral, regional and international issues, Qureshi said.

The new Obama administration has told Pakistan that it is accountable for the “security in the border region with Afghanistan” and the financial aid it receives would depend upon its performance in the fight against terrorism.

"(President Barack) Obama and (Vice President Joe) Biden will increase non-military aid to Pakistan and hold them accountable for security in the border region with Afghanistan," the White House said in its foreign policy agenda document released after Obama took over as President on Tuesday.

Pakistan’s envoy to Washington has objected to the statement. "Pakistan hopes that Obama will be more patient while dealing with Pakistan. We will review all options, if Obama does not adopt a positive policy towards us," Hussain Huqqani told Geo TV in Islamabad on Wednesday.

now that is some serious trust. i wont even trust my own hands that much.
i hope we stop gettin this aid

Yes, China and Pakistan has REAL TRUE friendship. No one in the world can take China's place, not even if U.S. paid Pakistan a trillion dollars.

Friend in need is a friend indeed.

Pakistan is passing through very critical times and we are in dire need of friends and i am proud to say China has never let Pakistan down.

Obama is listening to Lobbies more and is not trying to learn what is the reality on the ground. If he truly wants to CHANGE the world he will have to come here and meet the locals and see for himself that only poor are suffering and American Policies need to be CHANGED. If the kind of Aid to Pakistan is CHANGED it wont make any difference, Make a CHANGE in your Policies and You will see a REAL CHANGE.

Alhamdulliah we are a strong nation , and can do very well without US AID.

We are not like Somalia, Eithopia , Congo who cannot live without US AID.

Let's just wait and receive our Block-50/52's first that we "Deserve" and After that, SO LONG United States of Hypocrite America.

Let's just wait and receive our Block-50/52's first that we "Deserve" and After that, SO LONG United States of Hypocrite America.

Not a right approach at all, Even if you get those F-16s what will you do about the spare parts. Be sincere either you are Friend with someone or you are not.

Pakistan Must Increase her respect in American eyes and the relations between Pakistan and USA should be like relations between USA or Canada or at least Like relations between India and USA. Our Friendship must be based upon Mutual Respect and trust and if we are unable to bridge this Gap then there should be no Friendship at all.

Typical "save our Butt" mentality.We have no faith in our own capabiltiy, or Allah, are not willing to work hard to alleviate our problems but want to rely on others. May Allah have mercy on our country and its poor people.
WaSalam
Araz

Typical "save our Butt" mentality.We have no faith in our own capabiltiy, or Allah, are not willing to work hard to alleviate our problems but want to rely on others. May Allah have mercy on our country and its poor people.
WaSalam
Araz

Every country has partners, and Pakistan needs its partner China...theres nothing wrong with that.

China is very important for Pakistan, knowing whats happening to our neighbor to the west and what mentality our neighbor to the east has.

China is the only neighbor Pakistan can trust and China-Pakistan should always remain partners

:china::pakistan:

WaSalam
Araz

We should learn from our Prophet ( sw ), He never asked anyone for help except Allah , he did not even ask for a glass of water from anyone.

US AID will not bring any benefits to this country, maybe a few influential families will be happy , but majority of the people will suffer in the long term.

Also it includes interest rate (Which has catastrophic side effects )

and the most important thing is that US wants to give us AID, and if we our unable to repay them back it would be seen as a victory for them ( strange han ? )

they dont care about money, money is merely numbers.

They just want to put horrible sanctions on our country and destroy the country from it roots.

For example : the recent IMF deal one of the sanctions they put on us goes something like this : though i dont know it exactly ( will post the exact thing later )
It says something about not opening any more primary schools or limiting the number of primary schools in some areas of the country.

Now what could be more horrible then that, Not letting us follow our basic rights that is to provide and get basic education.

I don't understand why you think that China would aid Pakistan without wanting something in return. China is beginning to behave like an imperialist power just like Europeans, Russians and Americans have, now that their economy needs to import raw materials. Will Chinese engineers, managers and experts be able to move about Baluchistan or FATA or NWFP without stirring up the resentment felt for foreigners? I mean, at least Americans are "people of the book". The Chinese are completely amoral and have, throughout history, been only concerned about their own welfare in their own territory, "the Kingdom of Heaven". They repress their own Muslims infinitely more than any Western nation does. Yeah maybe they will be Pakistan's "friend". But only because they think they can use you for their benefit. How much actual grant aid, not loans, will they ever give to Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom