What's new

No Mr Modi, Sardar Patel never shared your views on India

No- if the Party president suggests an alternative and is accepted by the person concerned it's just fine. And before you spill more BS, unlike Bose, whose candidature for the Presidency of the Party session was also opposed by Gandhi, Patel chose to accept the decision of his leader. Rest of your post is BS.
Rest of my post is BS? How come ? Patel accecpted it because it was Gandhi who was saying, Sardar held Gandhi in such a high esteem. The greatness of likes of Patel and many others are forgotten and delibrately tarnished by todays Congress Goons.
Rest of my post makes sense if one sees how the recent NCERT books portray Bhagat Singh as Terrorist .
I studied my Class x in 99 and am shocked to see how history text books being manipulated today , I call that as BS.

but one thing to be honest, partition was one of the best thing happened to India. why to live with those people who dont want to live with us.

Minus the bloodshed where a lot of our Hindus and Sikhs lost their lives, Partition was the best thing that could have happened to India in 1947. We are barely getting by with 150 odd million Muslims, I shudder at the thought of another close to 300 million from Bangladesh and Pak had partition not happened.

Doesn't matter, it is still in India. There is a difference between arranging security for a rock concert in India and paying to attend one abroad. Feel free to disagree. Move on.
The point is why am I getting paid only to attend Back street boys rock concert? Why only those BSB fans alone sholud get benifit from government? Secularism huh? 
Ya right. When he went to jail, he probably had no idea whether India would get independence. I have no issue with criticism of the Nehru-Gandhi family post Nehru, they deserve some of it. However while Nehru was certainly not perfect, to call that man a traitor is to be cussed beyond sense. Tasteless & juvenile.
I agree totally , as someone said to understand Gandhi it takes lot more than common sense. We like it or not this single man united India from Kashmir to Kanyakumari. Nehru as Traitor is BS, porbably he has done more to India than any of us can even imagine. What anguish me is why other freedom fighters were neglected then and now?

Last edited:
I do not think so. The statue will attract tourists in their thousands, just as it will attract ice-cream wallas, balloon wallas and channa wallas . That is hardly what the Sardar needs (or would have wanted). There is an university town called Vallabh Vidyanagar next to Anand in Gujrat. Its famous for two things: the Colleges there as well as the Amul Dairy nearby. There also happens to be a memorial to the Sardar there; elegantly small but informative about Sardar as well as his brother Vithalbhai. No tamasha; least of all one orchestrated by any politician. Its relevant to anybody who wants to know more about him sans the tamasha.
And before I forget; even Vallabh Vidyanagar is still a living testament and memorial to Vallabhbhai even now. Trust politicians to fight like bloody mongrels on people who were part of our history and heritage. There is a surfeit of Gandhi (Mohandas, I mean) as it is, apart from Nehru adorning every sarkari name-board as it is. What difference has that made to me as an Indian citizen after a point? I know that Gandhi-baba's face is printed on currency notes and (in the famous words of Munnabhai); he is responsible for one more dry-day in India! Have any of the multitude of Gandhi statues contributed anything positive? Or the fact that there is a J.N. Road in every city and town in India? Just crass symbolism; that Indians love to lap up. So Modi is dishing out even more of it, to a foolish janta.
Will the biggest Statue of the Sardar radiate more knowledge, information and awareness about him?
Just as another asinine project to build a Shivaji Statue in the sea of Bombay will provide a better living to some batata-wada wallas and bhel-puri wallas.

If that is what you are looking for, you'll be sure to get it.
Guaranteed....
I wonder they Congress keeps building Indira gandhi,rajjiv gandhi statues everywhere in India and name every project as Indira gandhi or Rajiv gandhi, are there no other congress leaders worth naming? what happened to P.V.Narasimha rao, who helped indian economy and brough in investment, his name is not even on a single project nor are his statues that seen.
I wonder to congressis there are no freedom fighter worth building statues or naming projects unless they happen to carry a surname Gandhi like Indira and Rajiv gandhi.

If a person builds a monument dedicated to one of our best freedom fighters whats wrong in it?Why don't people question congress why they spend so much money on naming projects and building statues of nehru family?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom