What's new

no invention from India in 60 years: n. r. narayana murthy

well...

hence this discussion thread.
cool. I am waiting for your reply to my assertion that poor countries will find difficult to be in leading edge of research. Please refer to previously mentioned wiki page for relevant stats.

he is absolutely correct.. since our independence, while we have indeed achieved many things but we have not been first to do so.. the problem with the govt is that it blindly follows suit. govt always tries to replicate what has been achieved elsewhere. people of this country are perfectly happy with an equivalent product. They don't even think of making something better than west and are perfectly happy with cheaper alternatives of the same produced in the country.Lack of social security is to be blamed. you can;t expect people to think properly if they worry about the next meal.
Research conditions in the country are abysmal. Scientists write journal papers just to get promotion rather than to innovate stuff. as a result most of them are plagiarized heavily.
just see this research society IRAJ - World's Fastest growing nonprofit association for Research and Innovation ..
Dropbox - Riaa-Seth-ICRIEST-2013.doc :- this paper was published in a certain "International" conference of this society. just look at the paragraphs. just look how fake it is
  • Paragraph #2 of the introduction, on the first page itself, says: You should read any paragraph that starts with the first 4 words in bold and italics – those have been written by the author in painstaking detail. However, if a paragraph does not start with bold and italics, feel free to skip it because it is gibberish auto-generated by the good folks at SCIGen.
  • One section of the paper consists entirely of dialogues from the movie “My Cousin Vinny.”
  • And the conclusion section of the paper actually has this: And we’ve managed to reference Hilbert, HHGTTG, Sholay, My Cousin Vinny, Jeff Naughton, the Wisconsin Database Performance Paper, Xeno’s paradox, Meeta Kabra and the Latest Bollywood Hindi Marathi movie reviews previews website, and we even referenced the Sokal Affair in the heading of the paper (actually in the name of the institute that the authors are from, but you get what I mean, right?) proving once and for all that nobody has read this paper.
IDK what kind of research environment are we cultivating :(

Lack of social security is to be blamed. you can;t expect people to think properly if they worry about the next meal.

but the people are to be blamed for this... they did not bother to get involved politically and create a society where their would be materially comfortable, spiritually calm and contributing to humanity... they left politics to others who only built a power structure for themselves.

Scientists write journal papers just to get promotion rather than to innovate stuff. as a result most of them are plagiarized heavily.

true.

ust see this research society IRAJ - World's Fastest growing nonprofit association for Research and Innovation ..
******* - Riaa-Seth-ICRIEST-2013.doc :- this paper was published in a certain "International" conference of this society. just look at the paragraphs. just look how fake it is

this ms. riaa seth seems interesting. :D

but the people are to be blamed for this... they did not bother to get involved politically and create a society where their would be materially comfortable, spiritually calm and contributing to humanity... they left politics to others who only built a power structure for themselves.
most of them never had an option to get involved in the poilitics. just after independence 70% of the population had to worry about two square meals a day. that number has reduced significantly but their social strata hasn't reached the point where they could address the concerns of society. this step comes only after they have a security at a personal level
this ms. riaa seth seems interesting. :D
dropbox.com/s/vgxalj14l0y9p4n/Riaa-Seth-ICRIEST-2013.doc ... replace * with drop box.com and see for yourself.. riaa seth was the name of authors wife . so, i guess she is already taken :P
P.s. is drop box banned or what.. it converts it automatically to * sign

Last edited:
most of them never had an option to get involved in the poilitics. just after independence 70% of the population had to worry about two square meals a day. that number has reduced significantly but their social strata hasn't reached the point where they could address the concerns of society. this step comes only after they have a security at a personal level

i will reply to this tomorrow as i am a bit sleepy now.

*******.com/s/vgxalj14l0y9p4n/Riaa-Seth-ICRIEST-2013.doc ... replace * with drop box.com and see for yourself..

P.s. is drop box banned or what.. it converts it automatically to * sign

i simply googled "riaa-seth" and the same document is there on "documentcloud.org"

riaa seth was the name of authors wife . so, i guess she is already taken :P

oh...

but how do you know this?? is this case well-known??

What's left to invent, didn't indians invented everything 5000 years ago in Vedic times? The only thing they can invent now, which might benefit them is some "Shane"

No invention, earth shaking idea from India in 60 years: NR Narayana Murthy
By PTI | 15 Jul, 2015, 05.55PM IST

no-invention-earth-shaking-idea-from-india-in-60-years-nr-narayana-murthy.jpg

They don't know how to invent, that's the reason.

that is true enough... it requires a different mentality - one of questioning, simplifying for oneself, doubting the "wisdom" of the traditional elders ( including family ), taking risks, dropping out of college or job to pursue one's ideas, being confident about oneself, being confident about one's ability to judge a great idea of another person, being far-sighted, being ambitious, wanting to contribute to humanity etc... these are absent within majority of indians and this is partially to do with indian republic not coming from a revolution ( like ussr, libya ) or a armed struggle for independence ( like algeria ), but a society that had most of its structures been already prepared by the departing british colonialists.

------------------

@Sky lord , your opinion on the topic?? do start from the op.

that is true enough... it requires a different mentality - one of questioning, simplifying for oneself, doubting the "wisdom" of the traditional elders ( including family ), taking risks, dropping out of college or job to pursue one's ideas, being confident about oneself, being confident about one's ability to judge a great idea of another person etc... these are absent within majority of indians and this is partially to do with indian republic not coming from a revolution ( like ussr, libya ) or a armed struggle for independence ( like algeria ), but a society that had most of its structures being already prepared by the departing british colonialists.

Why are you so pessimistic, my friend? Things are changing - more and more people are dropping out and going all in for their ideas. In my batch itself 14 people out of 400 didn't go for placements and started their own thing. I agree the number needs to improve but we will get there.

Revolution? It would do us good every now and then to remember the words of great revolutionary Fidel Castro himself

The revolution is a dictatorship of the exploited against the exploiters.

Unfortunately people don't appreciate slow grinding change but that is the change which sustains.

that is true enough... it requires a different mentality - one of questioning, simplifying for oneself, doubting the "wisdom" of the traditional elders ( including family ), taking risks, dropping out of college or job to pursue one's ideas, being confident about oneself, being confident about one's ability to judge a great idea of another person, being far-sighted, being ambitious, wanting to contribute to humanity etc... these are absent within majority of indians and this is partially to do with indian republic not coming from a revolution ( like ussr, libya ) or a armed struggle for independence ( like algeria ), but a society that had most of its structures been already prepared by the departing british colonialists.

------------------

@Sky lord , your opinion on the topic?? do start from the op.
Hi, yes will come back and read the OP when I get time, gotta run for now. :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom