What's new

No Hindi in Tamil Nadu, learn Agra cops the hard way

Is tamil taught all over India or Hindi?

Personally I don't support imposition of Hindi as a national language but fact is Hindi is taught all India. But the coconut sellers of chennai take it personally if anybody tries speaking Hindi. They will not only pretend not to understand Hindi but they will be rude in their behaviour. People who converse in english are also made to feel unwelcome. Except for LTTE terrorists all are unwelcome in poor and backward chennai.

Point is you people are supporters of a terrorist group. LTTE killed Indian soldiers and you worship LTTE.

Any "outsider" who has visited south India especially chennai will agree with what I say. The southies are a very racist and arrogant bunch.

Damn @Bang Galore , you Made me read his post.

In chennai market people are very rude to all including Tamils , not just you.
They buy goods for metre interest for eg 1000 as loan they get only 900 , 100 deducted for that days interest
Everyday he has to pay 100 until they payback 1000.
So they got no time, if they feel customer is only to bargain and won't buy , they shoo off customers rudely.
Even I got treated the same way.

Go to villages , they treat you with respect . What an irony..

Last edited:
Is tamil taught all over India or Hindi?

Personally I don't support imposition of Hindi as a national language but fact is Hindi is taught all India. But the coconut sellers of chennai take it personally if anybody tries speaking Hindi. They will not only pretend not to understand Hindi but they will be rude in their behaviour. People who converse in english are also made to feel unwelcome. Except for LTTE terrorists all are unwelcome in poor and backward chennai.

Point is you people are supporters of a terrorist group. LTTE killed Indian soldiers and you worship LTTE.

Any "outsider" who has visited south India especially chennai will agree with what I say. The southies are a very racist and arrogant bunch.

Based on your views i think u dnt know much about south indians bcoz, hindi is not compulsory in our education system not like english you can learn only hindi, french, arabic, when you go other than tamil, and most of institution dnt have an option. and for your info. i studied in brahmin matric. school upto 10th and 11th, 12th in muslim matric. school , college in chennai ,and what if the coconut seller thinks like you are arrogant something like that...

LTTE something like that only for politics please dnt compare with everyone they speak only for getting votes most of them dnt know much about LTTE

I think same as you when i went to shirdi temple.... sorry if im wrong but please dnt relate everything without knowing ...

Last edited:
So how some Afghan understand Urdu when their languages are either tajik, dari/persian or Pashto? Sanskritized shudhh Hindi should not be hard to learn for those who speak any dravidian languages because of its sanskrit contents but well its just limited to some news in state own tv and formal speeches .
the lack of imagination/empathy(putting yourself in other's position) in this specific situation apart from general ignorance about south Indian languages specifically tamil is your problem mate.

Besides some tamils might understand hindi already, thats not the point. The point is expecting them to learn hindi as it is 'national language'. This expectation is not only from hindi speaking population('how can you not know hindi yaar, its national language?') but also non-hindi speaking northern Indians('its so easy, you are not trying, I learnt just by watching tv'). This paints all south Indians specifically tamils as standoffish and language chauvinists(which some might be) but they are not to be blamed, is all I am saying.

Those of you who are still not convinced, I would invite you to hear/watch some tamil program and see how much you can understand without knowing the language.
Compare that to how much hindi you could understand without learning it. If there is any significant overlap, you will know instantly.
And if you do end up understanding bit of tamil(which I very much doubt), it might interest you in learning one of the oldest language in the world. Learning a new language cant hurt, right? :)

Last edited:
the lack of imagination/empathy(putting yourself in other's position) in this specific situation apart from general ignorance about south Indian languages specifically tamil is your problem mate.

Besides some tamils might understand hindi already, thats not the point. The point is expecting them to learn hindi as it is 'national language'. This expectation is not only from hindi speaking population('how can you not know hindi yaar, its national language?') but also non-hindi speaking northern Indians('its so easy, you are not trying, I learnt just by watching tv'). This paints all south Indians specifically tamils as standoffish and language chauvinists(which some might be) but they are not to be blamed, is all I am saying.

Those of you who are still not convinced, I would invite you to hear/watch some tamil program and see how much you can understand without knowing the language.
Compare that to how much hindi you could understand without learning it. If there is any significant overlap, you will know instantly.
And if you do end up understanding bit of tamil(which I very much doubt), it might interest you in learning one of the oldest language in the world. Learning a new language cant hurt, right? :)
You dont read properly before jumping towards reply. I understand what you are talking about that it will not be easy to learn Chinese or Japanese language just by watching their movies which are completely different for us boht in writing as well as in reading/speaking with no religious link as well. let ignore that south Indian and north Indian live in same country and dont have interaction with each others in real life but what is the religion of vast majority of tamils? Most tamils follow sanathana dharma and a lot of the scriptures of Hinduism is in Sanskrit thats why i said that they would be able to understand Sanskritized Hindi much better than HIndustani/moderHIndi/Urdu which contain words of persian/arabic origin for example if you look at the songs of umrao jaan or hindi tarana sare jhaan se acha. Are you denying that dravidian languages like Malayalam, Kannada,Telugu borrow words from Sanskrit ?

You dont read properly before jumping towards reply. I understand what you are talking about that it will not be easy to learn Chinese or Japanese language just by watching their movies which are completely different for us boht in writing as well as in reading/speaking with no religious link as well. let ignore that south Indian and north Indian live in same country and dont have interaction with each others in real life but what is the religion of vast majority of tamils? Most tamils follow sanathana dharma and a lot of the scriptures of Hinduism is in Sanskrit thats why i said that they would be able to understand Sanskritized Hindi much better than HIndustani/moderHIndi/Urdu which contain words of persian/arabic origin for example if you look at the songs of umrao jaan or hindi tarana sare jhaan se acha. Are you denying that dravidian languages like Malayalam, Kannada,Telugu borrow words from Sanskrit ?

you again ignore the reality. Most hindus do not read sanskirt for religious purpose(there is a class of people who take care of things related to god(s)/religion, for a small fee of course).
You are extrapolating one sitauation(familiar to you) and wondering why cant it work elsewhere.
Then there is difference between colloquial hindi( which is sprinkled with arabic & farsi words, much less than urdu but it does have) and sanskritized sudh hindi that very few people use. I agree there is some sanskirt words in telugu/malayalam/kannada but its not good enough to understand hindi.
If we are talking about rudimentary knowledge of hindi, we should be talking about colloquial hindi, as it is spoken by hindi speaking people.
If we are talking about reading and writing in hindi(for academic purpose), then yes, sanskritized hindi is the one we need to learn.

Based on your views i think u dnt know much about south indians bcoz, hindi is not compulsory in our education system not like english you can learn only hindi, french, arabic,

In kendriya vidyalayas hindi is imposed as a compulsory subject at one point or the other.

If tamils have a problem with Hindi let them take it up with center. Many other states also don't approve hindi being imposed on them. But the tamils discriminate against anybody who speak hindi in chennai. Why is that?

Time for India to re awaken a dead/dying language. Bring Sanskrit back....make it mandatory and start with youngest kids.

In kendriya vidyalayas hindi is imposed as a compulsory subject at one point or the other.

If tamils have a problem with Hindi let them take it up with center. Many other states also don't approve hindi being imposed on them. But the tamils discriminate against anybody who speak hindi in chennai. Why is that?
That is your stupid assertion not the reality

You took so much effort to explain this? Appriciate buddy

Sanskrit is far too gramatically complex to expect it to be learned as a national language in India. It's like making the EU's official language Latin.

there are so many places in tamilnadu why u always take chennai as an example for whole tamil its just a part of tamilnadu, and please dnt take one institution and its not possible for seventh populous state in india. and what you are saying is like a person did a crime in one area means all peoples are bad like that and for your info i like to learn hindi if hindi is complusory instead of english maybe i can speak in hindi with you but all my institution which i studied dnt have compulsory hindi class and i studied in 4 institution only 1 school have an option that too instead of tamil how can i learn. if you know any free quality hindi education center in chennai please provide info.. in chennai many people like to learn hindi like me but you see only negative side

That is your stupid assertion not the reality

They teach tamil in kendriya vidyalaya, that is your perception of reality? What a stupid assumption.

there are so many places in tamilnadu why u always take chennai as an example for whole tamil its just a part of tamilnadu

because chennai is the place most frequented by tourists. And if tamils in a city like chennai don't know hindi then it only shows they lack education.

They teach tamil in kendriya vidyalaya, that is your perception of reality? What a stupid assumption.

because chennai is the place most frequented by tourists. And if tamils in a city like chennai don't know hindi then it only shows they lack education.
They teach u idiot..... As optional language in place of Sanskrit u are allowed to choose regional language. ( Even french is taught) And I choose Sanskrit.

So if not knowing Hindi makes you uneducated? What a great logic?

Sanskrit is far too gramatically complex to expect it to be learned as a national language in India. It's like making the EU's official language Latin.
It is not that complex to learn Sanskrit buddy..... But i understand what u are saying.

People in Chennai know Hindi very well. Just call them BC, MC and they remember Hindi very first. The hostility for Hindi language is omnipresent in south India. People in south take considerable pride by feigning ignorance in Hindi. For hem Hindi is an outside language and all those who speak Hindi are outsiders who have no place in the south. India on paper is unity in diversity but in practice the communalism and cultural xenophobia is suffocating.

For people in north India everybody from north-east India is "chinki", Chinese, Nepali or Momos wale. In case you didn't notice these are all racist terms.

For people in Maharashtra anybody from north is a "bimari"

For people in south India anyody who is not dravidian is an "outsider". People who speak Hindi are from the "north" and are the aryan invaders who dislodged their ancestors.

For the bengalis the only culture in the world is bengali culture and anybody non-bengali is a lesser human being in their mishti doi eyes. They are the most lazy and uncouth bunch of people you will come across. If you don't trust me then visit Kolkata for a month and you will experience it first hand.

This is the ground reality of India.

I have been to chennai - 80% do not know Hindi

Anti hindi agitations existed even before india came to existence, it started in 1937, then why the hell you didn't formed a country in 1947 excluding tamil nadu if you want hindi everywhere in your new India? Only a fool will think if someone don't know hindi he lacks education.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom