What's new

No Hindi in Tamil Nadu, learn Agra cops the hard way

They teach u idiot..... As optional language in place of Sanskrit u are allowed to choose regional language. ( Even french is taught) And I choose Sanskrit.

If you don't know the national language you are idiot.

So if not knowing Hindi makes you uneducated? What a great logic?

Yes, tamils are indeed uneducated if they don't know hindi.

Anti hindi agitations existed even before india came to existence, it started in 1937, then why the hell you didn't formed a country in 1947 excluding tamil nadu if you want hindi everywhere in your new India? Only a fool will think if someone don't know hindi he lacks education.

And what would have been the future of tamils without Indian protection? Look at what happened to tamils in sri lanka. Without Indian protection tamils are nothing.

If you don't know the national language you are idiot.

Yes, tamils are indeed uneducated if they don't know hindi.

And what would have been the future of tamils without Indian protection? Look at what happened to tamils in sri lanka. Without Indian protection tamils are nothing.
India exists only for 65 years hardly, we are here for thousands of years on our own. Feel lucky that TN don't have a border with pakistan or china, otherwise you might have fought a worst battle than in afghanistan and kashmir starting from the 1960s. Without any fall back territory, LTTE stood for two decades without your support after assassinating Rajiv. When a small bunch of militants can hold ground for two decades, we are seven crore in TN and our culture will exist for ever. And what happened to your IPKF mission to disarm the tamil militants in the 1990s?Was the deployment of Sikh and Maratha light infantry yield the desired results? But the small bunch, LTTE responded to this deployment by wiping out your PM. We are more men then you ever will.

India exists only for 65 years hardly, we are here for thousands of years on our own. Feel lucky that TN don't have a border with pakistan or china, otherwise you might have fought a worst battle than in afghanistan and kashmir starting from the 1960s. Without any fall back territory, LTTE stood for two decades without your support after assassinating Rajiv. When a small bunch of militants can hold ground for two decades, we are seven crore in TN and our culture will exist for ever. And what happened to your IPKF mission to disarm the tamil militants in the 1990s?Was the deployment of Sikh and Maratha light infantry yield the desired results? But the small bunch, LTTE responded to this deployment by wiping out your PM. We are more men then you ever will.
LTTE had the support of terrain... and Indian went in as peacekeeper and ended up fighting civil war. exterminating LTTE was never India's plan, because India wanted better deal for tamils too, besides wanted a bargaining chip against pro chinese sri lanka. LTTE was not a little group, it was supported by RAW at least in formative years.
Killing an ex-PM without enough security, on a campaign trail is not bravery.

LTTE had the support of terrain... and Indian went in as peacekeeper and ended up fighting civil war. exterminating LTTE was never India's plan, because India wanted better deal for tamils too, besides wanted a bargaining chip against pro chinese sri lanka. LTTE was not a little group, it was supported by RAW at least in formative years.
Killing an ex-PM without enough security, on a campaign trail is not bravery.
What's the terrain benefit LTTE enjoyed? Choice is simple for them, It's either death or sea. Why IPKF was deployed then if not to fight the civil war? They were deployed to unarm the Tamil militants. Then who will have enough security in india if not the PM himself? India back stabbed them, they were trained by RAW once to fight for tamil home land and trait them by deploying forces to support the srilankans, of course that's courageous.

What's the terrain benefit LTTE enjoyed? Choice is simple for them, It's either death or sea. Why IPKF was deployed then if not to fight the civil war? They were deployed to unarm the Tamil militants. Then who will have enough security in india if not the PM himself? India back stabbed them, they were trained by RAW once to fight for tamil home land and trait them by deploying forces to support the srilankans, of course that's courageous.
he was ex-PM at that point, not PM. He was on campaign trail, and wilfully ignored security(like many politicians do during election), besides there was complain that opposition govt(which was in power) did not take threat seriously.
India did not backstab anybody, neither tamils nor sinhalese. It got sqeezed in the middle. From their point of view we backstabbed both.

Please consider this as a international defence forum, not a domestic literature forum.

Long live all languages and all cultures.

Time to close this thread.

Actually, I too do not agree that Hindi should be the only language or for that matter a language compulsorily learnt anywhere in the country. Why not the northern states introduce a south indian language to be compulsorily learnt in UP, Bihar and Haryana?

Here is the thing. Hindi is not spoken in the interiors of the country in the South. Any imposition of Hindi will back fire in a really bad way. I have been born and brought up in Bombay. And yes, I call it Bombay not Mumbai. We had Hindi as a second subject. And Marathi as a third subject. In reality, Marathi should have been the second subject. I dropped Marathi to learn Malayalam.

Culturally, the South is very different from the North. Here people do not cry about Pakistan everyday. We really do not hate them the way the northerners can. We do not believe that the Mughals were a bad thing for the country.

I do not celebrate Diwali nor does bhai dheej and holi mean anything except fun and frolic. I look down on karva chauth as male chauvinism. We celebrate Pongal/Gudiparwa/Vishu and Onam and the rest.

So please understand, while we believe in the concept of a unified India, culturally there is a lot of difference and Hindi is not part of our cultural upbringing. Neither, by the way, will it be a forced part of my kids upbringing.

@takeiteasy you have said exactly what I wanted to convey and that is indeed a lovely post.
Who gave you right to speak on behalf of entire south India? Isn't madikeri where a VhP activist died yesterday part of south India? Isn't telangana which revolted against nizam and Muslim razakars in south India? We believe mughals and Muslim rulers were bad for India.. we believe Christianity and Islam are foreign religions which spread through might of sword and money.

We worship cow and would not eat beef.. who told you we don't celebrate Diwali? In tamilnadu which is right beside kerala Diwali is the most important festival.. there is no other festival which is celebrated with as much fervor as Diwali in Tamil nadu..

We in telangana celebrate both rakhi and holi..come here and see how enthusiastically and vigorously we celebrate those festivals.

Just because you mallu Hindus have shamelessly started eating beef doesn't mean all south Indians eat beef..

Do Muslims eat pork in kerala? Why have you given up your traditions and religion when Muslims don't do the same? This is the reason you are being fcked up.

My native tongue is photohari which is different to Punjabi. I learned pashto when i was living in KPK and i still even use some words when i meet any pashtuns. Well i am living with pashtuns and i am the only guy who is punjabi in there. When i meet to punjabi people then i talk to them in punjabi rather than photohari. My wife cannot speak Punjabi so i talk to her in Urdu . My point was that i dont like those desi who prefer to talk in english just to prove that they are educated and modern and consider their own lanaguges as inferior. Rest i love having conservation in english with those who are native speaker of this language
South Indians are not like educated north Indians who show off their English skills...south Indians are generally very particular about protecting their language and culture..my experience tells me that south Indians of same language speak with one another in their native tongue only, no matter where they are.
But if I have to speak to a malayali or kannadiga I have to switch to English.

Wat a great logic....... U are either an arrogant idiot or not an Indian..... Whatever.

Who gave you right to speak on behalf of entire south India? Isn't madikeri where a VhP activist died yesterday part of south India? Isn't telangana which revolted against nizam and Muslim razakars in south India? We believe mughals and Muslim rulers were bad for India.. we believe Christianity and Islam are foreign religions which spread through might of sword and money.

We worship cow and would not eat beef.. who told you we don't celebrate Diwali? In tamilnadu which is right beside kerala Diwali is the most important festival.. there is no other festival which is celebrated with as much fervor as Diwali in Tamil nadu..

We in telangana celebrate both rakhi and holi..come here and see how enthusiastically and vigorously we celebrate those festivals.

Just because you mallu Hindus have shamelessly started eating beef doesn't mean all south Indians eat beef..

Do Muslims eat pork in kerala? Why have you given up your traditions and religion when Muslims don't do the same? This is the reason you are being fcked up.

Reality check for you. I am a Tamil Brahmin with roots in Kerala and Chennai. And no. Diwali is not a big deal in TN. I have been born and brought up in Bombay. SO i know how diwali is celebrated in the North and Bombay. TN, Kerala and Bangalore, where I currently reside, are no where close to the North and Bombay. If you are telling me in Chennai Diwali is celebrated more important than Pongal or Thai poosham you are over stating facts.

We worship cow, does not mean we go out in the street protesting against people who eat it. And what tells you I eat beef, just because, I do not revolt against someone who does? Now, if my partner who does not eat pork nor is supposed to drink wine and who happens to be a Muslim does not have a problem when someone else eats it and he drinks wine when he wants to, makes him a lesser Muslim? Who are you to pass a judgement on him? He is a far more better human than some of the idiots on this forum.

Going by your logic, every ruler has committed atrocities. But, the hate for the Mughals in the north is not replicated in the south. And this is factual. Whether you like it or not. You talk about your hate for the Mughals. Ask the fellows in the North how much they know about our history. Come back to me, when you do that.

You dont have to be physically near to effect the events. It can be done in million other ways. Bengali language was a non issue as well but it was exploited to fan nationalism. India got many vulnerabilities which can easily be exploited, but we are only focused on Kashmir which is wrong approach. By working on other issues, we can make our efforts in Kashmir more productive and more result oriented. I can only attribute to laziness on our part.
I fully agree with the bold part. Good someone acknowledges this reality.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom