What's new

No Hindi in Tamil Nadu, learn Agra cops the hard way

Only few states may be 4-5 spoke hindi before independence and rest of the states were imposed with hindi after independence. Rest of them gladly accepted this imposition which undermined their own language and those who opposed in those states were called anti social elements. TN wasn't just a pushover which forced to keep english also as an official language, else hindi would have been made as the only official language. 60+ years we preserved our uniqueness from being robbed, and will continue to do so. If they want to come to TN let them learn tamil, don't expect us to learn hindi to adopt you here.

The police officers might be stupid to wrote a letter in hindi to a state which vigorously oppose hindi imposition.

Only few states may be 4-5 spoke hindi before independence and rest of the states were imposed with hindi after independence. Rest of them gladly accepted this imposition which undermined their own language and those who opposed in those states were called anti social elements. TN wasn't just a pushover which forced to keep english also as an official language, else hindi would have been made as the only official language. 60+ years we preserved our uniqueness from being robbed, and will continue to do so. If they want to come to TN let them learn tamil, don't expect us to learn hindi to adopt you here.

The police officers might be stupid to wrote a letter in hindi to a state which vigorously oppose hindi imposition.

All is good , let's send someone from south to the PM chair,
And minimally change the directions about this matter

Let's see how far we can develop the country on all other fronts ,

Do we have such a leader ..?
Let's say better than Modi ?

All is good , let's send someone from south to the PM chair,
And minimally change the directions about this matter

Let's see how far we can develop the country on all other fronts ,

Do we have such a leader ..?
Let's say better than Modi ?
We had such leaders, after nehru PM chair awaited for kamarajar as he was the congress president, but he denied. When questioned him over his decision he said, I don't know both English and hindi so i am not the right candidate.

Jaya was more capable once now she become just toothless after this disproportionate asset case, she isn't that active now since the verdict can turn against her anytime. I expect there could be a shift in traditional TN politics also.

If Jaya comes out of the this case, she will start roaring again. I have never seen a bolder political personality than her, when transport workers protested demanding more salary, she fired everyone and appointed new workers all of a sudden for much lesser salary, arrest of karunanidhi and so on. Modi can not match jaya if she is in full swing. Even in SC court her case is not moving that fast, may be it's centres conspiracy to keep her silent.

Last edited:
I totally agree that everyone should at least know Hindi for communication purpose....at the same time totally against imposing that as mandatory....Give it time my friend...soon everyone in India will know Hindi and English...India will/should not have a National Language, rather should only have a common language!...my 2 cents.

This is ridiculous. When the hell did I ever say everyone should know Hindi ?

I don't want everyone to know Hindi.

I want the Hindi speakers to know a south Indian language.

or it its absence sanskrit. I want Hndi to be replaced by sanskrit and Hindi to be relegated as a third language.

We had such leaders, after nehru PM chair awaited for kamarajar as he was the congress president, but he denied. When questioned him over his decision he said, I don't know both English and hindi so i am not the right candidate.

Jaya was more capable once now she become just toothless after this disproportionate asset case, she isn't that active now since the verdict can turn against her anytime. I expect there could be a shift in traditional TN politics also.

If Jaya comes out of the this case, she will start roaring again. I have never seen a bolder political personality than her, when transport workers protested demanding more salary, she fired everyone and appointed new workers all of a sudden for much lesser salary, arrest of karunanidhi and so on. Modi can not match jaya if she is in full swing. Even in SC court her case is not moving that fast, may be it's centres conspiracy to keep her silent.

We don't have good leaders for our state let alone for the country.

Hope new generation members be on capable and effective side.

P chidhambaram , dyanidhi Marian are capable candidates but wasted their chances for personal gains.

Let's see if any newbies crop up..

It seem to me that Indians love English more than any other language

For most of the south Indians the promising job sector as of now is IT, BPO and Bank. These jobs have reduced the high relience of jobs in Goverment sector since 10 years. For all the above jobs all I need to know is to speak a good English. Now tell me how many languaes I can learn ? Obviously I will have regional language, and English which is bare minimum for current trend. Do I need to learn Hindi too ?! Well no way :)

Thats the reason people like English more than Hindi in south India. Also I have lived in all major cities in south India. Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai, Once you go out of these cities does any one speak Hindi ? or at least do they understand ? No. Then why I should learn Hindi?

Hope it makes sence.

not really, it makes little sense for a speaker of dravidian language to learn hindi. I think they are better off learning spanish.
When you say they 'should' it immediately puts them at disadvantage wrt hindi speaking population (who only need to learn 2 languages, hindi and english.

Of course its upto Individuals, tamils watch hindi movies and might pick up rudimentary hindi.
When I say Learn Hindi..I meant the rudimentary kind..It just makes it easier when someone from the South is looking for employment opportunities in the rest of the country..... Off course English or Hindi would work for now.

This is ridiculous. When the hell did I ever say everyone should know Hindi ?

I don't want everyone to know Hindi.

I want the Hindi speakers to know a south Indian language.

or it its absence sanskrit. I want Hndi to be replaced by sanskrit and Hindi to be relegated as a third language.
I never said you did..I just agreed with you that knowing one common language...either Hindi or English would help in employment opportunities within the whole of India. Thats all...There is no need to replace or relegate any language....Nothing should be forced..Just like higher education is not forced..it just is an option for you to move up the ladder or attract more opportunities for you thats all....If you want to be part of the global work force..English is a must..If you want to work in other parts of India, then knowing Hindi will help..Dont you think so?...Now how is Sanskrit going to help, in that?

We do not believe that the Mughals were a bad thing for the country.
........they killed lakhs of indian , raped our woman , looted all our country , destroy all our ancient heritage and our beautiful temples. If u still says they were good than plzz kill your self and kill your fellow lungiwalas tamilians like u. I am really disgusted after watching your these lines . In our punjab here i heard one proverb in punjabi and thas was likes this " if you watch tamilians and snake together kill the tamilians first than snake " today i feel like that proveb is true .beacouse majority of south indian seem like a very untrustable and tight- hearted and not good for country in long term if your thinking is like this(mughals were not bad for india) . I am sorry but i can tolerate " no hindi in south , no diwali celebration in south , no hate for pakistan" But mughls were good for india???? Realy? Kil your self

........they killed lakhs of indian , raped our woman , looted all our country , destroy all our ancient heritage and our beautiful temples. If u still says they were good than plzz kill your self and kill your fellow lungiwalas tamilians like u. I am really disgusted after watching your these lines . In our punjab here i heard one proverb in punjabi and thas was likes this " if you watch tamilians and snake together kill the tamilians first than snake " today i feel like that proveb is true .beacouse majority of south indian seem like a very untrustable and tight- hearted and not good for country in long term if your thinking is like this(mughals were not bad for india) . I am sorry but i can tolerate " no hindi in south , no diwali celebration in south , no hate for pakistan" But mughls were good for india???? Realy? Kil your self

Did you know there would be no India, if there were no Mughals? They were the unifying force which created India, after the Mauryan Empire. They were replaced by the Marathas, who were then completely replaced by the British. But then, when you look at everything from the prism of religion, the colour can be only one. Hate. There were bad rulers, but that is the case with every dynasty. And when things got bad, it collapsed. Coming to the topic of destruction. What exactly did we do when we had power? We destroyed an old Mosque. Why did we destroy it? At least the invaders wanted the gold and silver. Going by your emotions, is it not valid that the Muslims should hate Hindus? But, I do not see that happening. At least not in my friend circle. Why is that?

I am sorry you feel that way of South Indians. We are aware of the Rajputs, the Sikh Empire, the Marathas and all the empires of ancient India.Tell me what do you know about South Indian history exactly? Can you name the Cholas, Pandya or Cheras? Come back to me when you learn about them. Our 'heritage' was not destroyed by the Mughals. Tell me what is your opinion on the a separate Tamil state in SL? Will you back the TN government when it asks to intervene in SL? Because, as an Indian, TN strongly backs the Tamil population. Will you fight for them? Here is a reality check for you. The first mosque in this country was built in my home state by converting a temple. One of the oldest Jewish synagogues is in my state. My Malayali Christian and Muslim friends, have more in common with me than a Hindu from the North. Not because, we speak the same language, but our cultural upbringing is the same. Note, I said cultural, not religious.

You say you can 'tolerate'? There is no need to tolerate us. Your facade falls when you call Tamilians, lungiwalas. And we are taught to have an opinion and accept an opinion without resorting to nonsense, even if it is opposed to ours. We pride ourselves in our education and progress.

We are proud that one of the earliest reformers of what you are so proud of today, a Hindu, came from the South. Know who that is? Taking this point, let me educate you further. Have you ever wondered why Buddhism or Jainism failed in India, though Buddhism flourished outside? But then, if rational thought and history were you strengths you would not have made the above comments.

P.S : We fortunately we were not brought up to look down on our fellow countrymen., hence, we do not have anything to say about the North like you have something to say about us 'lungiwalas'

Last edited:
For most of the south Indians the promising job sector as of now is IT, BPO and Bank. These jobs have reduced the high relience of jobs in Goverment sector since 10 years. For all the above jobs all I need to know is to speak a good English. Now tell me how many languaes I can learn ? Obviously I will have regional language, and English which is bare minimum for current trend. Do I need to learn Hindi too ?! Well no way :)

Thats the reason people like English more than Hindi in south India. Also I have lived in all major cities in south India. Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and Mumbai, Once you go out of these cities does any one speak Hindi ? or at least do they understand ? No. Then why I should learn Hindi?

Hope it makes sence.
I am not asking you to learn Hindi. I know the significance of English when it come to education and career but i have seen that Indians (except probably some north Indian) even talk in English among each others. I did work with many south Indians and they were speaking to each others in English instead of talking in their native tongue

well this is real problem in south they are not versed with hindi and it some time creates problems

We do not complain when we move to North :D

I am not asking you to learn Hindi. I know the significance of English when it come to education and career but i have seen that Indians (except probably some north Indian) even talk in English among each others. I did work with many south Indians and they were speaking to each others in English instead of talking in their native tongue

They are nearly 4 languages in South India. South Indians have 4 toungues.

I did work with many south Indians and they were speaking to each others in English instead of talking in their native tongue
In South India, the differences are too many including languages. We are not what many generalizes to be. I can understand your view, since most Pakistani Punjabi/Sindhi and North Indians share a common culture apart from language, while it is not so correct in south. Even if languages are similar, cultural differences are too many. For e.g. Tamils and Kerala people. language may be somewhat mutually intelligible; but culturally no, huge differences exists. A Telegu or Kannadiga/Tulu mostly cannot understand Malayalam and vice versa.

I did work with many south Indians and they were speaking to each others in English instead of talking in their native tongue

Karnataka - Kannada
Andhra Pradesh - Telugu
Telangana - Telugu (Telangana and Andhra Pradesh were 1 state earlier)
Tamil Nadu - Tamil
Kerala - Malayalam

Hindi is spoken in the areas around Hyderabad. Konkani is spoken in and around Mangalore, which is a part of Karnataka. Tulu is spoken in some parts of Karnataka and North Kerala.

People who are from the border areas will be able to understand 2 languages. A person who speaks Tamil may be able to understand Malayalam and vice versa. But, not necessarily. Hence, English becomes easier to communicate in.

Unfortunately, the above is not known by even by a few Indians which is evident from a few posters on this thread.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom