What's new

No Hindi in Tamil Nadu, learn Agra cops the hard way

When did i claim I dont like Sanskrit? It is my fav only next to Tamil .... Tamil- Sanskrit--Malayalam-Hindi-Telugu-English-German ( I am fluent in Tamil, Hindi,English-read write and talk---- Understand others)
My point is who is anyone to superimpose other language on anyone?

English and Hindi is already superimposed. Govt. of India as a duty and responsibility to promote languages that will bring greater unity, affinity, understanding of our values, culture, nationhood and install pride in ourself.

English and Hindi is already superimposed. Govt. of India as a duty and responsibility to promote languages that will bring greater unity, affinity, understanding of our values, culture, nationhood and install pride in ourself.
No it is not...... Talking of pride I will proud to be speaking in my mother tongue ( one of the oldest the civilization has known)

No it is not...... Talking of pride I will proud to be speaking in my mother tongue ( one of the oldest the civilization has known)

Again who are you to speak for others ?

You can only speak for yourself. And if you take pride in being a narrow minded linguistic chauvinist, that is your problem. Not mine.

You can only speak for yourself. And if you take pride in being a narrow minded linguistic chauvinist, that is your problem. Not mine.
And who are u to speak for Tamils? Taking pride in my mother tongue is not narrow minded linguism ......

And who are u to speak for Tamils? Taking pride in my mother tongue is not narrow minded linguism ......

LOL..... unlike you I am NOT speaking for the Tamils you moron. I am speaking for myself :lol:

An excessive pride and chauvinism is called HUBRIS.

Such fragile show casing is an desprate attempt to ward off anxiety and shame arising from unresolved childhood wishes, hostile envy of other languages, insecure anxiety, and conflicts related to your self-esteem. It is a clinical diagnosis of a well known symptom.

In your attempt to demonstrate strength, you only end up displaying your weakness.

LOL..... unlike you I am NOT speaking for the Tamils you moron. I am speaking for myself :lol:

An excessive pride and chauvinism is called HUBRIS.

Such fragile show casing is an desprate attempt to ward off anxiety and shame arising from unresolved childhood wishes, hostile envy of other languages, insecure anxiety, and conflicts related to your self-esteem. It is a clinical diagnosis of a well known symptom.

In your attempt to demonstrate strength, you only end up displaying your weakness.
There u go speaking for me.... Self appointed mooron

There u go speaking for me.... Self appointed mooron

LOL..... This is what YOU said "Talking of pride I will proud to be speaking in my mother tongue"

They are not my words. They are YOURS. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Hindi imposition supporters will be shocked to know that south India does not care for your language. travelling between Rai Bareiley to Udaipur - Bhaiya log imagined everyone is speaking Hindi, So, Hindi is national language. Go to rest of India and see - This nation is akin to European union. Different cultures, unity in diversity "was" the motto. Not, Hindi-Hindu-Hindustani that Golwalkar slaves wanted to impose on.

English is by far better as a connecting language for south Indians be it for India or for rest of the word. Arguing Hindi being a language born in India and in the name of national pride(I mean Hindi heartland pride), asking other civilizations to ditch their culture and language for Hindi is no less than bigotry.

But, those who wants to learn Hindi, no problem. Don't forget India is a union of states. It's not some RSS Arsha Bharata Sanskara (Aabhasa) logic to impose Aryan culture on to Dravidian people.

This is a post trending in Facebook. Best answer for Aabhasa's:
Interesting perspective from a Malayalee:

"You non keralaites should understand this before targeting malayalees for their defiance against myths of akhand bharat and the beliefs of north. We hindus of kerala don't worship cows as mothers. You will rather find bulls in shiva temples here as stars. For us sabarimala and guruvayoor means alot than haridwar or ayodhya. Our major festivals are Onam and Vishu, not diwali or navaratri. We don't celebrate holi , bhai dooj, karwa chauth or rakhi. Christmas and Eid are pretty much part of our lives. Some ardent religious people are vegetarians and a small number by choice. We eat beef, chicken, mutton, pork,duck and all sort of other meats. Fish is essentially a part of keralite cuisine. Just because, some northies worship beef, we wont give up beef. Buffalo meat is not banned anywhere. It was a planned plot in delhi well executed by that hindu sena vanars to hurt keralite defiance. Malayalam is our mother tongue and we are malayalies. Neither Hindi nor sanskrit means anything to us .Islam and christianity grew here organically and those who believe in those religions are a part of our multi-cultural society.You will find churches, temples and mosques standing tall aside in peace here and some of them are very old. Keep sobbing stories of Mughals and other invasions to yourselves. First Islamic mosque is right here in kerala and a temple was converted for that purpose . Vasco da gama landed right here for spice trade. We had trade relations with arabs and others since centuries. We defeated the Dutch down here in kolachal. Travancore and kochi was not part of British India.They were pretty much princely states. Travancore had its own people's assembly right here in Trivandrum. RSS and other regressive forces should know that we wont bow before your Hindutva agenda , we joined the Indian Union , which is a secular, federal republic, and will never be a part of any Hindu rashtra. - Regards , Malayali."

Actually, I too do not agree that Hindi should be the only language or for that matter a language compulsorily learnt anywhere in the country. Why not the northern states introduce a south indian language to be compulsorily learnt in UP, Bihar and Haryana?

Here is the thing. Hindi is not spoken in the interiors of the country in the South. Any imposition of Hindi will back fire in a really bad way. I have been born and brought up in Bombay. And yes, I call it Bombay not Mumbai. We had Hindi as a second subject. And Marathi as a third subject. In reality, Marathi should have been the second subject. I dropped Marathi to learn Malayalam.

Culturally, the South is very different from the North. Here people do not cry about Pakistan everyday. We really do not hate them the way the northerners can. We do not believe that the Mughals were a bad thing for the country.

I do not celebrate Diwali nor does bhai dheej and holi mean anything except fun and frolic. I look down on karva chauth as male chauvinism. We celebrate Pongal/Gudiparwa/Vishu and Onam and the rest.

So please understand, while we believe in the concept of a unified India, culturally there is a lot of difference and Hindi is not part of our cultural upbringing. Neither, by the way, will it be a forced part of my kids upbringing.

@takeiteasy you have said exactly what I wanted to convey and that is indeed a lovely post.

I totally agree that everyone should at least know Hindi for communication purpose....at the same time totally against imposing that as mandatory....Give it time my friend...soon everyone in India will know Hindi and English...India will/should not have a National Language, rather should only have a common language!...my 2 cents.

I totally agree that everyone should at least know Hindi for communication purpose....at the same time totally against imposing that as mandatory....Give it time my friend...soon everyone in India will know Hindi and English...India will/should not have a National Language, rather should only have a common language!...my 2 cents.
not really, it makes little sense for a speaker of dravidian language to learn hindi. I think they are better off learning spanish.
When you say they 'should' it immediately puts them at disadvantage wrt hindi speaking population (who only need to learn 2 languages, hindi and english.

Of course its upto Individuals, tamils watch hindi movies and might pick up rudimentary hindi.

not really, it makes little sense for a speaker of dravidian language to learn hindi. I think they are better off learning spanish.
When you say they 'should' it immediately puts them at disadvantage wrt hindi speaking population (who only need to learn 2 languages, hindi and english.

Of course its upto Individuals, tamils watch hindi movies and might pick up rudimentary hindi.
Listen everyone , no one is against Hindi in tamilnadu at least right now, but y force it? I agree with u Hinduguy.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom