What's new

No flats for Muslims, says Bandra to saviour of Indians stuck in Kuwait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a sub caste ...
Its a different religion... Nothing to do with hinduism...
We are also a minority in India... About 5 million ppl practice jainism in India...

Just read a bit about jainism on wiki... You will get to know a bit.... Posting from mobile so no links...
Non voilence : be it of action or words - is our biggest principle....

get an Iphone or something.. instead of spending $$ on hashish.. :lol:

True, it is discrimination on a personal level. To avoid that a human needs to avoid being ... human. Like say person A loves person B and marries her. Person C comes and tells Person B to kiss her. She refuses. This is also discrimination. Person B can give justification that she is married or already in love etc. But some choices need to be respected. :)

I understand what you are saying but I think when it comes to running a state and ensuring every individual is protected from discrimination then the personal likes or dislikes of a person become irrelevant. For example, there maybe people here in UK who don't like hiring people from immigrant communities simply because of personal preference. But that is illegal as it violates the fundamental right of another human being.

This excerpt is from the british gov website:
1. Types of discrimination
It is against the law to discriminate against anyone because of:

• being married or in a civil partnership
  • being pregnant or having a child
  • disability
  • race including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin
  • religion, belief or lack of religion/belief
  • sex
  • sexual orientation
These are called ‘protected characteristics’.

You’re protected from discrimination in these situations:

• at work
  • in education
  • as a consumer
  • when using public services
  • when buying or renting property
  • as a member or guest of a private club or association
You are legally protected from discrimination by the Equality Act 2010.

Perhaps countries such as Pakistan, India, Bangladesh etc can still learn something good from our old colonial masters?

Yes but the case mentioned in that article is still...discrimination...no?

Yes.... It is discrimination.... No doubt...
The one who didn get the flat says - I got discriminated..
Owner of the flat says - My personal choice...

Discrimination exists... I agree...
But its like 2 out of 10 get discriminated.... 8 out of 10 dont face those problems....

FACT : A 100% discrimination free society does not exist....

Yes.... It is discrimination.... No doubt...
The one who didn get the flat says - I got discriminated..
Owner of the flat says - My personal choice...

Discrimination exists... I agree...
But its like 2 out of 10 get discriminated.... 8 out of 10 dont face those problems....

FACT : A 100% discrimination free society does not exist....

One of the strongest reasons for wiping out discrimination from a society is because when people with specific beliefs make ghettos with only their accepted persons then this leads to splitting of people from each other, which in turn leads to mistrust and hatred which causes religious/ethnic etc intolerance. This in my opinion then leads to violence and riots. So any nationa that wants to succeed with social fraternity, then it must do all it can to prevent cutting off of communities from each other. Making laws and implementing them is a good start.

(I'm not looking for a fight, just saying.)

Not a sub caste ...
Its a different religion... Nothing to do with hinduism...
We are also a minority in India... About 5 million ppl practice jainism in India...

Just read a bit about jainism on wiki... You will get to know a bit.... Posting from mobile so no links...
Non voilence : be it of action or words - is our biggest principle....

thats not true brah.

what about these types of terrorists? Let's ignore the fact that they look as threatening as a duck with a paper bag on its head.

haan laat maar maarke hi tang karenge appko.

which activity?

aapke definition mein toh,they r like machar.

You shouldn't blabber when you aren't educated enough. Though they might be dangerous for the enemies of India but not for Indian be it Hindu/Muslim or anything else. Here's an article, go through it. 14 Myths about RSS : writes Kiran Kumar S | Vishwa Samvada Kendra

And above all a Pakistani would be a last person on earth to teach us about secularism and treatment to minorities.
what about these types of terrorists? Let's ignore the fact that they look as threatening as a duck with a paper bag on its head.

Even if I would've been in that brokers place, I would have denied or for that matter any other NON-VEGETARIAN. Cause I am a strict VEGETARIAN and in no way would want to smell frying meat just above my house everyday. But if one is vegetarian be it Muslim or anyone else, I would've welcomed him gracefully, after all who doesn't need money:agree:

MUMBAI: In September 1990, Captain Zainul Abidin Juvale, master of a cargo vessel calledMV Safeer, became master of the fate of 722Indians who sailed out with him from Kuwait to Dubai. Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein's troops had invaded Kuwait and the Indians there were stranded for over a month.

Tanweer Khalfay, one of the passengers on Juvale's vessel, had told TOI (September 12, 1990): "The BBC team that covered our arrival in Dubai called him [Juvale] a hero, but we don't need foreigners to tell us that."

For over a month now, Juvale has been house-hunting in Bandra (W), but he is unable to buy a flat when he likes one.

The brokers have frankly told him that the societies where he has shown interest have an unwritten rule: not to rent or sell flats to Muslims.

"Nobody asked me my religion when I risked my life to rescue fellow Indians who faced starvation and death in Kuwait," says Juvale. "Now I am being made aware of my Muslim identity."

Juvale, whose family originally comes from the Konkan, proudly says that he is a Maharashtrian. His grandfather, Fakir Mohamed Juvale, was the first Indian captain in the merchant navy and was instrumental in opening the first nautical school in the country in 1923. He was awarded the Padma Shri in 1981.

"My grandfather's autobiography was first published in Marathi," says Juvale. "I never thought that my own city, Mumbai, and especially Bandra, which I call the most cosmopolitan area in the city, would shut its doors on me."

For a Muslim, finding a home outside a Muslim ghetto is a real problem in the city. Seven years ago, Zafar Sareshwala, a businessman from Ahmedabad who had settled in England after the 2002 riots, moved to the city and underwent a similar experience. "I must have seen more than a dozen flats and everywhere I was told that they were not for Muslims," says he.

A veteran broker who took TOI reporters around a 2-BHK sea-facing flat in Pali Naka, Bandra, says he no longer takes prospective buyers to societies which might discriminate against Muslims.

He says he now takes clients only to buildings with "cosmopolitan mindsets".

Amir Rizvi, who started a 'Flats Without Brokers' page on Facebook in 2007 says there is segregation in the city, which is further perpetuated by real estate brokers.

"They take potential clients to areas that have been unofficially earmarked for Muslims," says Rizvi. "Millat Nagar near Lokhandwala, pockets in Bandra (west), Jogeshwari, [and outside the city] Mira Road, Kalyan, Mumbra and Bhiwandi have come up as Muslim areas."

Now, rental advertisements seeking tenants read like those put up in matrimonial columns.

"Everything is mentioned, including caste, creed, skin colour, work timings and marital status," says Rizvi. "It is as if you are not looking for a tenant but a life partner."

It did not surprise Rizvi when a broker put up an advertisement saying 'No Muslims' on a property website. Though the advertisement was withdrawn after public protests and the website apologized for allowing it to be uploaded, the reality has not changed.
No flats for Muslims, says Bandra to saviour of Indians stuck in Kuwait - The Times of India

Repeat karne se kya hoga.aap mahavirji to nahi

Neither I claim to be.....

And please read the link in the post above..... It also says that jainism doesn't ve anything to do with hi duism...
And i stop my off topic rants here..... :big_boss:

And above all a Pakistani would be a last person on earth to teach us about secularism and treatment to minorities.
Not every Pakistani is the same.There are exceptions.
Pakistani Exile is one of the most decent people on this forum of any nationality.

Yeah bad Yindoo - bad :laugh:
I wanted a flat to stay with my Kashmiri friend in Fraser town only to be turned down - because I am Yindoo. Want to hear more? :azn: Of course not. :coffee:

And I RESPECT THAT!
Their house their rule. :tup: They don't force me to live there. It is my choice to propose, theirs to reject. It is not very fair to me, but that's life.

now we will hear every hindu Indian having some kind of discrimination against them in Their India. It would be a decent thing to admit that there is a problem line any other country. In Pakistan I am sure Muslims wont rent to Hindus. This is legacy of our past, dont deny it, admit there is a problem and thats there to it.

ps. I hate these kind of moronic posts, mostly from muslim showing how the world is discriminating against them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom