What's new

No Excuse for Violence: Obama Tells Burma

"It was not the first time the army had threatened her — eight years ago she committed a crime by getting married, which was punishable by death. The Rohingyas are not permitted to marry in Myanmar because the authorities fear the Muslim ethnic group’s population would increase otherwise. Ms. Begum had to pay a “marriage tax,” which cost the couple all their savings, to escape punishment."

This is an excerpt from the article above. The lines shows how immoral a country's rulers can be. They have found a novel way to confine the Rohingya numbers. It is such a deplorable and inhumane policy that no other country, however racist it may be, has ever adopted.

It is Burma that is only for the Barmans. This country Burma should be wiped out of the face of this Earth. I do not think, Barmans are going to change their attitudes. They are just a bunch of poker-faced devils who are smiling at the Americans now to get a maximum benefit out of it without any intention to give up their evil desire to crush any group which is not Barman.

Cool! :chilli:

^^^ IMF does not think so for the next 5 years at least.:lol:

Yes, because that is based on regression models. It discounts any systemic changes by design.

[
]

Yes, because that is based on regression models. It discounts any systemic changes by design.

This was published by the IMF last month.

Let us have your GDP forecasts for BD and Myanmar for next 5 years then.:cheesy:

We have been under isolationist military dictatorship for the last 50 years and only now does your per capita PPP GDP get ahead of ours. Outside of healthcare, Myanmar trumps BD in most regards and this will no doubt change very rapidly in the next few years or so. Your talk of ethnic unrest is fanciful. If anything, this is going to be the time when ethnic unrest stops. The new representative parliament is wielding unlikely influence over government and the ethnics are feeling enfranchised for the most part. I have absolutely no worries about overtaking Bangladesh in net economic terms.

Most importantly, we are not a basket case as we receive barely a cent in aid and are not subject to borrowing from foreign governments and entities and so are not burdened with servicing debt.

Bangladesh's per capita GDP has not gone ahead of Myanmar recently it is as such since independence in 1947. Only after liberation war only for 2-3 year it went lower then Myanmar but since then it is always higher then Myanmar.

This is no wonder why foreign ministry spoke person said recently why should any Bangladeshi go to Myanmar countering apartheid Burmese regime claim as it pointed out that Bangladesh is always prosperous then Myanmar since 1947.

Per capita GDP comparison in 1950... Your Myanmar ranked as the second last country in the list.

GDP per capita in 1950 statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Economy

This is not only health but also in each sector Bangladesh is ahead of Myanmar. Myanmar's HDI is also lower then Bangladesh in all category.

Only in literacy rate based on Burmese government claim it is ahead of Bangladesh but in Wikipedia it is written it is doubtful as of 2001 Myanmar used to spend only 70 million usd on education which is only a fraction which Bangladesh used to spend even if we compare population ratio wise. But in terms of primary, secondary and higher education enrollment Bangladesh is way ahead then Myanmar as burmese can only read and write but does not have any other capability.

Just 3 year back Burmese regime artificially appreciated the local currency Kyat by more the. 50% against dollar that is the only reason you are seeing little higher GDP in terms of dollar but in terms of Kyat it has not increased much. That is the reason why Myanmar's per capita GDP in nominal term has reach 853 usd but sooner or later kyat value will have to be decreased again and will back again to the previous level and per capita GDP will fall again by a third means it will go back to 570 usd level which it was back in 2008-9 before the appreciation.

Not only that at that time Burmese regime also artificially reduced inflation from 34 to 8% to increase GDP.

This is year wise Kyat vs USD rate and it reflect only Myanmar is a banana republic that's why it's currency is fluctuating and so is the GDP.

KyatHistory-2.jpg

This is the GDP of Myanmar at the end of 2008-2009 economic year which was only 17 billion Usd. Only due to this manipulation of currency and inflation it has increased upto 52 billion usd. But sooner or later kyat value will go back to 1250 level against usd from present 800 kyat and Myanmar's GDP again will drop by a third.

Myanmar achieves 10.4 pc GDP growth rate

YANGON, April 2 (Xinhua): Myanmar's gross domestic product ( GDP) increased by 10.4 per cent to reach 13,354.2 billion Kyats (13. 35 billion US dollars) in the first 10 months (April-January) of the 2008-09 fiscal year which ended in March, the local Biweekly Eleven News reported today, quoting a recent remarks of Prime Minister General Thein Sein.

The country projected a GDP of 17,142.7 billion Kyats (17.142 billion dollars) with a 10.7 per cent growth for the entire 2008- 09.

I would like to include here that Bangladesh is about to upgrade its GDP to 2005 base year which is likely to increase GDP by around 50-75%. Considering this and even we take present condition Myanmar is miles miles away then Bangladesh provided in social indicator Bangladesh is even ahead of India and Pakistan where Myanmar is much backward state.

Bangladesh's per capita GDP has not gone ahead of Myanmar recently it is as such since independence in 1947. Only after liberation war only for 2-3 year it went lower then Myanmar but since then it is always higher then Myanmar.

This is no wonder why foreign ministry spoke person said recently why should any Bangladeshi go to Myanmar countering apartheid Burmese regime claim as it pointed out that Bangladesh is always prosperous then Myanmar since 1947.

Per capita GDP comparison in 1950... Your Myanmar ranked as the second last country in the list.

GDP per capita in 1950 statistics - countries compared - NationMaster Economy

This is not only health but also in each sector Bangladesh is ahead of Myanmar. Myanmar's HDI is also lower then Bangladesh in all category.

Only in literacy rate based on Burmese government claim it is ahead of Bangladesh but in Wikipedia it is written it is doubtful as of 2001 Myanmar used to spend only 70 million usd on education which is only a fraction which Bangladesh used to spend even if we compare population ratio wise. But in terms of primary, secondary and higher education enrollment Bangladesh is way ahead then Myanmar as burmese can only read and write but does not have any other capability.

Just 3 year back Burmese regime artificially appreciated the local currency Kyat by more the. 50% against dollar that is the only reason you are seeing little higher GDP in terms of dollar but in terms of Kyat it has not increased much. That is the reason why Myanmar's per capita GDP in nominal term has reach 853 usd but sooner or later kyat value will have to be decreased again and will back again to the previous level and per capita GDP will fall again by a third means it will go back to 570 usd level which it was back in 2008-9 before the appreciation.

Not only that at that time Burmese regime also artificially reduced inflation from 34 to 8% to increase GDP.

This is year wise Kyat vs USD rate and it reflect only Myanmar is a banana republic that's why it's currency is fluctuating and so is the GDP.

KyatHistory-2.jpg

This is the GDP of Myanmar at the end of 2008-2009 economic year which was only 17 billion Usd. Only due to this manipulation of currency and inflation it has increased upto 52 billion usd. But sooner or later kyat value will go back to 1250 level against usd from present 800 kyat and Myanmar's GDP again will drop by a third.

I would like to include here that Bangladesh is about to upgrade its GDP to 2005 base year which is likely to increase GDP by around 50-75%. Considering this and even we take present condition Myanmar is miles miles away then Bangladesh provided in social indicator Bangladesh is even ahead of India and Pakistan where Myanmar is much backward state.

Where the hell did you get this crap from?

Where the hell did you get this crap from?

Which is crap??? Kyat vs. Dollar value is a fact!!! If you do not agree post the exchange rate of the last 15 years.

This exchange rate of kyat vs. dollar is only the answer of roller coster ride of GDP of Myanmar in terms of USD.

Which is crap??? Kyat vs. Dollar value is a fact!!! If you do not agree post the exchange rate of the last 15 years.

This exchange rate of kyat vs. dollar is only the answer of roller coster ride of GDP of Myanmar in terms of USD.

Your analysis. It's complete bullshit and clearly it's not your own. I'm asking you where you got it. BTW are completely clueless on exchange rates? They fluctuate: often to reflect prevailing conditions ever since the end of the gold standard since '74. That's the situation for all countries. Artificially appreciating the currency? WTF?

We have been under isolationist military dictatorship for the last 50 years and only now does your per capita PPP GDP get ahead of ours. Outside of healthcare, Myanmar trumps BD in most regards and this will no doubt change very rapidly in the next few years or so. Your talk of ethnic unrest is fanciful. If anything, this is going to be the time when ethnic unrest stops. The new representative parliament is wielding unlikely influence over government and the ethnics are feeling enfranchised for the most part. I have absolutely no worries about overtaking Bangladesh in net economic terms.

Most importantly, we are not a basket case as we receive barely a cent in aid and are not subject to borrowing from foreign governments and entities and so are not burdened with servicing debt.

how do you think you going to change it??? any game plan? if you think sellign gas is the way to go the let me tell you we had the similar amount of reserve as burman and we did not sell a drop of it.

Now I know you will come up with FDI. Well we did not use FDI either...

Can you see the difference now???

Also see the graph posted by UKBenglai and see how is our growth rate consistent over the years unlike other neighboring country including Myanmar.

We came that far with hard work and domestic enterpreneurship. You had more time than the age of our country which faced two destruction in 1947 and in 1971 also we had only 20 years with free democracy.

Your analysis. It's complete bullshit and clearly it's not your own. I'm asking you where you got it. BTW are completely clueless on exchange rates? They fluctuate: often to reflect prevailing conditions ever since the end of the gold standard since '74. That's the situation for all countries. Artificially appreciating the currency? WTF?

That was year by year data. Do not you think there is something really wrong in the exchange rate if go from one year to another?? This sort thing happened in Zimbabwe where we all know there is huge problem in economy and also now happening in Iran where it also is facing a huge problem???

Yes the currency was appreciated by the government the same way China keeps its currency low artificially.

That was year by year data. Do not you think there is something really wrong in the exchange rate if go from one year to another?? This sort thing happened in Zimbabwe where we all know there is huge problem in economy and also now happening in Iran where it also is facing a huge problem???

Yes the currency was appreciated by the government the same way China keeps its currency low artificially.

I'm not arguing with the exchange rates. I'm asking where you got the bullshit analysis from. Clearly they're not your own thoughts so I'm asking you to link me where you read it.

I'm not arguing with the exchange rates. I'm asking where you got the bullshit analysis from. Clearly they're not your own thoughts so I'm asking you to link me where you read it.

Well its not a complicated analysis but a simple math.. If suddenly Taka gets appreciated by govt then our GDP figure will shoot the sky...

Well its not a complicated analysis but a simple math.. If suddenly Taka gets appreciated by govt then our GDP figure will shoot the sky...

No. He's clearly read that somewhere from some bullshit site. I know you people are stupid but you might have noticed something called the 2007-09 economic crisis. This had the effect of reversing the trend in exchange rates from favoring consumer economies to producer economies. Ofcourse GDP is going to go up as our exports are worth more in $ terms. That''s what GDP is. This wasn't manipulated by the government; those figures are unofficial exchange rates. Exactly what means do they have to appreciate the Kyat? Buy back on the open market with our foreign reserves? :lol:

No. He's clearly read that somewhere from some bullshit site. I know you people are stupid but you might have noticed something called the 2007-09 economic crisis. This had the effect of reversing the trend in exchange rates from favoring consumer economies to producer economies. Ofcourse GDP is going to go up as our exports are worth more in $ terms. That''s what GDP is. This wasn't manipulated by the government; those figures are unofficial exchange rates. Exactly what means do they have to appreciate the Kyat? Buy back on the open market with our foreign reserves? :lol:

And you are stupid enough to believe that global recession affected Burma which has virtually no trade with outside world neither its banking are integrated to it.. dream on boy...

And you are stupid enough to believe that global recession affected Burma which has virtually no trade with outside world neither its banking are integrated to it.. dream on boy...

Does this mean you don't understand how the global economy works? What a surprise...

Back
Top Bottom