What's new

No doubt China has confidence in its HQ-9s

kristisipe

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
Taiwan, Province Of China
Bayar said a delegation of Turkish industry and air force officials had witnessed test launches from all the firms but that the Chinese had allowed Turkey to pick its own scenario and offered it a tailored demonstration.

"We said we want this kind of a launch, and our delegation watched the launches as if they were the operators. These were real launches," Bayar said.

finance. yahoo . com /news/turkey-highly-likely-sign-chinese-070814678.html

Is there anything more superior to HQ-9 in the Chinese inventory?

Anything in development?

HQ-9 is a 1980s system. The version Turkey is getting is FD-2000. Not sure when they had HT-233 phased array radar.

Is there anything more superior to HQ-9 in the Chinese inventory?

Anything in development?

It makes no sense to say "superior". Each SAM answers to a particular category of threat (and so target).

In it's category, means long rang high altitude focusing on flying platform with limited ABM ability, China has -9A for example. It seems that -9B is a naval version but not sure.

In other categories :

* PAC-3 MSE like = HQ-29
* THAAD like = HQ-19
* SM-3 like = HQ-26
* GBI like = DN-2

HQ-8, a 400km range anti-radiation liquid-solid mix ramjet SAM, is quit an exception. This missile is développed by 2nd academy of CASIC and assembled by n°283 factory. If someone find it's equivalence I would appreciate.

Henri K.

FYI,Russian's bid was wiped out at the first round.

HQ26 ASAT, gonna be set in TYPE 055 destroyer

That doesnt really mean much. It just means the Chinese offered them a better deal. I dont think anyone can really argue that Russia has far more superior equipment than the Chinese. Im just talking about facts. I know you are Chinese therefore there tends to be an inherent bias in your position. Its only natural.

That doesnt really mean much. It just means the Chinese offered them a better deal. I dont think anyone can really argue that Russia has far more superior equipment than the Chinese. Im just talking about facts. I know you are Chinese therefore there tends to be an inherent bias in your position. Its only natural.

No nation spend 3 to 4 billions dollars to acquire a ineffective and inferior weapons, 3 to 4 billions dollars offer price by China cheaper compare to Russia and US but these system still cost up to billions dollars for Turkey to buy from China.

No nation spend 3 to 4 billions dollars to acquire a ineffective and inferior weapons, 3 to 4 billions dollars offer price by China cheaper compare to Russia and US but these system still cost up to billions dollars for Turkey to buy from China.
You can make any inference you want. It is my opinion that Russian technology is vastly superior to Chinese technology. Not as good as American technology either. But that is just my opinion.

HQ26 ASAT, gonna be set in TYPE 055 destroyer

No

Turkey 'highly likely' to sign Chinese missile deal | Reuters

He said the Franco/Italian Eurosam SAMP/T system was second and Raytheon Co, a U.S. company that builds the Patriot missile, was third. A Russian bid had been eliminated.

"If only Eurosam, or the American and European system makers offered better conditions and we could choose them," he said.

Bayar said a delegation of Turkish industry and air force officials had witnessed test launches from all the firms but that the Chinese had allowed Turkey to pick its own scenario and offered it a tailored demonstration.

"We said we want this kind of a launch, and our delegation watched the launches as if they were the operators. These were real launches," Bayar said.

Henri K.

Hang on, wasn't the DN-1 the LOW-EARTH ground-based interceptor and the DN-2 the HIGH-EARTH ground-based interceptor?

@Henri

You can make any inference you want. It is my opinion that Russian technology is vastly superior to Chinese technology. Not as good as American technology either. But that is just my opinion.

You biased opinion is irelevant. Russia indeed do still retain some weapon platform advantage which we do not have. But so do Russia in regards to China. Russian until now has not even put a modern destroyer with powerful phased array radar and modular VLS into service.

You biased opinion is irelevant. Russia indeed do still retain some weapon platform advantage which we do not have. But so do Russia in regards to China. Russian until now has not even put a modern destroyer with powerful phased array radar and modular VLS into service.
i respect your opinion but humbly disagree. I am not Russian so I have no Russian bias, you on the other hand are Chinese so you obviously are going to have Chinese bias.

What I can say is this. Russia sells weapons to China. China doesnt sell any weapons to Russia.

i respect your opinion but humbly disagree. I am not Russian so I have no Russian bias, you on the other hand are Chinese so you obviously are going to have Chinese bias.

What I can say is this. Russia sells weapons to China. China doesnt sell any weapons to Russia.

At this time, its clear that Russia is still more advance in China in military technology. Until China is head and shoulders above everyone else besides the US in military technology, its too early to compare China with the US.

Back
Top Bottom