What's new

No Bangladeshi can bring flag of other countries in cricket match

slapshot

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
pakistancricketfans_getty_2.jpg

Bangladeshi cricket fans face ban for waving rivals' flags

DHAKA: The Bangladeshi hosts of cricket’s World Twenty20 threatened to ban l7ocal supporters Tuesday from stadiums if they are seen carrying the flags of any of the other teams competing in the tournament.

The order came after an outcry over images of locals waving Pakistani flags during the recently concluded Asia Cup, also held in Bangladesh.

A Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) spokesman said the board had issued a directive after it “noticed that some local fans were flying foreign flags flouting the country’s flag rules”.

“We’ve received instruction in this regard,” the spokesman told AFP, without clarifying.

“As such we've ordered security officials and guards to make sure Bangladesh fans cannot carry or fly flags of foreign nations in the stadiums.”

Bangladesh was part of Pakistan before the 1971 war.

The BCB order came on the eve of Bangladesh’s 44th Independence Day celebrations, marking the day when the nation went to war against Pakistan.1
Cricket board bans Bangladeshis from flying rivals’ flags - DAWN.COM
‮کھیل‬ - ‭BBC Urdu‬ - ‮پرچموں پر پابندی ، آئی سی سی نے وضاحت طلب کرلی‬

@Imran Khan @Aeronaut @Leader @RAMPAGE @Talon @BDforever @Oscar @Secur

Last edited:
First India now Bangladesh, Wah re Pakistan tu ne in governments ko kia raphra daal dya hay...This should in the "funniest countries" section.

this calls for greater Pakistan "from Khyber to Asam"

So
First India now Bangladesh, Wah re Pakistan tu ne in governments ko kia raphra daal dya hay...This should in the "funniest countries" section.

this calls for greater Pakistan "from Khyber to Asam"
why do u even care? Its happening in Bangladesh. Chill maro. Sudnt care unless u wanna go in Bangladesh to watch ur team play.

So

why do u even care? Its happening in Bangladesh. Chill maro. Sudnt care unless u wanna go in Bangladesh to watch ur team play.
Will you care if western countries put a ban on immigrant Indians that they can't bring Indian flags into matches?

Will you care if western countries put a ban on immigrant Indians that they can't bring Indian flags into matches?
I wont go halla gulla and abuse those countries to not allow my great country's greater than greatest national flag.

I wud wish, if my flag were allowed but again I believe in a country having state policies and abiding by it. End of the day, every country has a right to make its policies and every citizen's job to abide by it. Period.

I wont go halla gulla and abuse those countries to not allow my great country's greater than greatest national flag.

I wud wish, if my flag were allowed but again I believe in a country having state policies and abiding by it. End of the day, every country has a right to make its policies and every citizen's job to abide by it. Period.
:hitwall: bahi sahab not sure how to explain it to you. This is one stupid rule and no one needs to follow or respect it. Its shame for a country which is considered to hold the world cup. You are trying to say one can't support his favorite team just because GOVT has problem with this. Dictating sports events like this is big thing which actually goes against the spirit of games. Why should one buy ticket and watch matches if they can't support fav team? What would happen to people who have flags painted on their faces? Finally if there is a game going on between teams other then Bangladesh what are bangla people suppose to do in stadium? respect the rule and maybe sell water soda and peanuts?

:hitwall: bahi sahab not sure how to explain it to you. This is one stupid rule and no one needs to follow or respect it. Its shame for a country which is considered to hold the world cup. You are trying to say one can't support his favorite team just because GOVT has problem with this. Dictating sports events like this is big thing which actually goes against the spirit of games. Why should one buy ticket and watch matches if they can't support fav team? What would happen to people who have flags painted on their faces? Finally if there is a game going on between teams other then Bangladesh what are bangla people suppose to do in stadium? respect the rule and maybe sell water soda and peanuts?
Arre dont minsundertand. Or I wud say dont over understand what I said. I was saying in general and not per se the flag hoisting. Obviously, if u wanna host a WC, means all countries will play and those countries will have their flags hoisted. Isnt it common sense.

But understand the politics behind. Sheikh Haseena wants to send a message to everyone bout how she thinks bout Pakistan and why.

Bottomline is, irrespective of right or wrong, u cant do nothing bout it coz its completely an internal matter. SH has said it to her citizens and its their citizens'decision how wud they react or tackle this. We outsiders, whether pro or against, shud refrain from commenting on it. Thats where the problem arise. We Indians (subcontinent junta) has opinion on every tom dick harry thing irrespective of its genuinity.

Like here, if Pakistanis are stopped from hoisting their flag then u guyz have a right to protest. We see here Pakistanis protesting coz Bangladeshis are not allowed to hoist pakistani flag. Ha Ha. :D

Sabka Lamaddar banane wale to kanpatti pe khane milti hai. Old saying.

Got the difference?

Arre dont minsundertand. Or I wud say dont over understand what I said. I was saying in general and not per se the flag hoisting. Obviously, if u wanna host a WC, means all countries will play and those countries will have their flags hoisted. Isnt it common sense.

But understand the politics behind. Sheikh Haseena wants to send a message to everyone bout how she thinks bout Pakistan and why.

Bottomline is, irrespective of right or wrong, u cant do nothing bout it coz its completely an internal matter. SH has said it to her citizens and its their citizens'decision how wud they react or tackle this. We outsiders, whether pro or against, shud refrain from commenting on it. Thats where the problem arise. We Indians (subcontinent junta) has opinion on every tom dick harry thing irrespective of its genuinity.

Like here, if Pakistanis are stopped from hoisting their flag then u guyz have a right to protest. We see here Pakistanis protesting coz Bangladeshis are not allowed to hoist pakistani flag. Ha Ha. :D

Sabka Lamaddar banane wale to kanpatti pe khane milti hai. Old saying.

Got the difference?
I do understand the reason behind all this bull$hit. Thing is why make stupid rules which don't make any sense. You have problem with Pakistan say it on face. Simply ask Pakistan team to leave the country or make it only specific to Pakistan and show the world your hatred towards Pakistan.

tut paooooo, this is bounds for disqualification for Bngladeshi team. The govt should mind it's own business. Do they want empty grounds? What nonsense.

I don't mind Bangladeshis flying the Pakistani flag when Pakistan are playing other countries during this tournament , but I suspect some of this stems from Bangladesh having an inferiority complex towards Pakistan. I am all for Bangladesh mending 'bridges' with Pakistan but we don't need to show them too much love. People in Bangladesh need to have self-respect.

Back
Top Bottom