What's new

No aircraft engines to Pak, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
At that time when it was made, there was no google earth and PAF lacked a plane with similar capabilities, so whether it was a dud or a dude, it was still an asset in the Indo-Pak context.

Other than providing flashy propaganda sound bites, it was never of any strategic or tactical value. :disagree:

In other words, it was a dud (for the reasons already explained) and remained a dud.:tdown:

Point is already made, i dont see how you fail to grasp it!
Or do u want me to spell everything for you now??

Please do.:coffee:

Other than providing flashy propaganda sound bites, it was never of any strategic or tactical value. :disagree:

In other words, it was a dud (for the reasons already explained) and remained a dud.:tdown:
It was a recon plane, and the IAF had value for it, if the IAF thinks its required, then you or any1 else is no1 to question it.

Please do.:coffee:

Well...it represented that even though Pakistan knew that it had IAF planes flying right over its capital, it lacked the capability to shoot down the plane. I think its a great morale booster and a prestige issue isnt it?

Like the Atlantique plane was shot down by the IAF.

When two countries are rivals and one gives such a blatant signal to the other, and it fails to respond??? It was a signal ? Do you get it now??

BTW there are some articles on this incident on freearticles.com or such site, there's like an editorial. Go google it for more views. LOL.

It was a recon plane, and the IAF had value for it, if the IAF thinks its required, then you or any1 else is no1 to question it.

Have you ever seen me questioning any of stupendous choices IAF made? Why would I question it now? :rofl: It was neither the first time nor it will be the last time Russians will dump their junk on India. :lol:

Well...it represented that even though Pakistan knew that it had IAF planes flying right over its capital, it lacked the capability to shoot down the plane. I think its a great morale booster and a prestige issue isnt it?

Are you going to gloat like a little boy, the next time an Indian satellite passes over Pakistani capital? Your lives have to be empty and extremely pathetic that you guys are gloating over one lucky flight. :rofl:

Who cares? U-2s made hundreds of flights over the Soviet Union till one day they got shot and the flights stopped. The dud snuck-in and left within minutes. It was one lucky and insignificant flight. The Indians didn’t have the balls to repeat the sneaky flight again, because they knew the next their behinds would be kicked.:GUNS:

I am surprised you guys don’t have a national holiday to mark the sneaky flight........

Please refrain from engaging in attacks.

Can be avoided. Thanks.

Webby,

Thank you for the advice. However do you think my vocabulary is any worst then vnomad who calls me a ‘troll’, or keyseroze who calls me a ‘troll’, or sword who calls me a ‘juvenile delinquent’, or bull who calls me a ‘troll’, 'gay' and cant finish a sentence without throwing in words like ‘bullshit’ or ‘a$$’.

Wouldn’t you agree that when I say ‘behinds would be kicked’, or ‘dump their junk’, or ‘extremely pathetic’ its quite civilized compare to the language used by those who frequently get a free pass to attack?

If you would like I can provide the links too.

The Foxbats have performed fairly decent against determined IRIAF F-14 and F-4 opposition during the long war between Iran and Iraq. Both the PD and the RB/BM have been used with R-40's being the choice weapon. Throughout the later stages of the Iran Iraq conflict Iraqi AF RB's roamed over Iran with impunity. Also the only confirmed kill of the IraqiAF ove the USAF was also Spicher's F-18A, shot down by a fast closing PD which destroyed the hornet with a well executed R-40 attack. :)

Right now PAF doesnot have any capability to intercept a high flying IAF RB, with the exception of launching the Chinese HQ-2's at it. Which they have in the past, and the Indians have outmanouvered/ outpaced them repeatedly. That incident over Isloo isn't the only one......These recce RB's have been intruding in the border areas since the 80's when they got inducted. PAF was helpless against them.

Reports emanating from Russia have put a damper on Pakistan’s exuberance in its success story of JF-17 Thunder.

Kommersant, the Russian daily, on 31 October reported, “The Sino-Pak fighter deal is under threat due to Moscow's refusal to allow China the deliveries of war birds to Pakistan with Russian engines even as Beijing is mounting pressure to include Islamabad in the military customers list. China has appealed to Russia to include Pakistan in the list of countries with which Moscow has military-technological trade partnerships. Otherwise, China cannot fulfill its contract for the delivery of FC-1 fighter planes with Russian engines to Pakistan. China signed an agreement with Pakistan to deliver 150 FC-1 jets under the name JF-17 Thunder. A Chinese delegation is arriving here (Moscow) for negotiations which will insist that Pakistan be included in the list of countries with which Russia has agreed to conduct military-technical trade, the report said adding otherwise, Beijing will have to default on its contract for delivery of FC-1fighter jets to Pakistan. The FC-1, also known as the Super-7, the first Chinese multirole fighter, is designed for the international market. Chengdu Aircraft Industry began the development of the plane in the early 1990s. Around 50 percent of the cost—USD 75 million—was borne by Pakistan.”

Source http://www.defencejournal.com/2006-12/index.asp

Why the sudden decision change by russia to supply engines?

Right now PAF doesnot have any capability to intercept a high flying IAF RB, with the exception of launching the Chinese HQ-2's at it. Which they have in the past, and the Indians have outmanouvered/ outpaced them repeatedly. That incident over Isloo isn't the only one......These recce RB's have been intruding in the border areas since the 80's when they got inducted. PAF was helpless against them.

Isn’t that similar Indian mantra that we heared till on 10 April 1959, when one of PAF’s finest, Flight Lieutenant Yunis shot down the highflying Indian reconnaissance Canberra. Till then nobody knew the F-86s could fly over 50,000 ft. Guess what became the final resting grounds for the Indian Canberra? The military museum in Pindi. :tup:

Any idea why the glorious duds are retired now?;)

Isn’t that similar Indian mantra that we heared till on 10 April 1959, when one of PAF’s finest, Flight Lieutenant Yunis shot down the highflying Indian reconnaissance Canberra. Till then nobody knew the F-86s could fly over 50,000 ft. Guess what became the final resting grounds for the Indian Canberra? The military museum in Pindi. :tup:

Any idea why the glorious duds are retired now?;)

Indians have better 'real-time' satelite recce capability now. The maintainence heavy RB's were getting old, and expensive to maintain. They served for over 25 years. I think thats a long enough time.

The IAF Canberra shot down on eid day in 1959 was flying at more than 60,000 ft. The inexperienced IAF pilot panicked when he saw the 2 sabres well below him, and while executing a fairly sharp turn back towards India he lost a lot of altitude. this allowed Younus to fire sustained long bursts of .50 cal. at him, and he got shot down.

P.S. The PAF got lucky......These IAF recce flights had been going on for years....Just like the Foxbat RB ones since the mid 80's.....Also there are many dozens of PAF wreakages in IAF museums.;) No big deal!

The inexperienced IAF pilot panicked when he saw the 2 sabres well below him, and while executing a fairly sharp turn back towards India he lost a lot of altitude. this allowed Younus to fire sustained long bursts of .50 cal. at him, and he got shot down.

Are you suggesting Indian/your pilots were slouches or incompetent cowards?:lol:

P.S. The PAF got lucky......

Tell it to the Indian pilot who died in the crash. :disagree:

These IAF recce flights had been going on for years....

Big deal! So have PAF recce flights had been going on for years....:coffee:

Also there are many dozens of PAF wreakages in IAF museums.;) No big deal!

How many of those were shot down during peacetime?:rolleyes:

Yup..... it’s a big deal..... :banana2:

Oh bhaaaaaaaaaaaanch:lol: ohaay smaal tame pappoo. Ohaaay!:lol:

Chottee chhottee gulaan nu son kar tu wudda Khush honda see??:lol:

kinnay saal da pappoo hae gaa tu?

Chul yaar teray waastay sannu vhee khush.:)

Thanks for reminding us why you were kicked out of Iranian forum yesterday... :lol:

Big deal! So have PAF recce flights had been going on for years....:coffee:

Yeah. they tried once!, they sent the Atlantique, and guess what? It was SHOT DOWN.

It was retired cuz it was old now, served hell of a lot and beautifully, IAF has conducted so many recce flights over Pakistan. Only in one did Pakistan get to know, when the pilot sonic boomed the Pak capital! And now we have many many satellites to do the job. We dont need planes anymore.

Pakistan celebrates even the days that it lost to India as victory days! Such is the propaganda!, so you cant blame us, if one of our planes goes over you capital, and THIS time creates a sonic boom! to remind you all of the danger lurking and goes back without seeing any of PAF pilots even trying to fight the plane. Then...
Yup..... it’s a big deal..... :banana2:

Yeah. they tried once!, they sent the Atlantique, and guess what? It was SHOT DOWN.

It was retired cuz it was old now, served hell of a lot and beautifully, IAF has conducted so many recce flights over Pakistan. Only in one did Pakistan get to know, when the pilot sonic boomed the Pak capital! And now we have many many satellites to do the job. We dont need planes anymore.

Pakistan celebrates even the days that it lost to India as victory days! Such is the propaganda!, so you cant blame us, if one of our planes goes over you capital, and THIS time creates a sonic boom! to remind you all of the danger lurking and goes back without seeing any of PAF pilots even trying to fight the plane. Then...

You wish!!!

Now this is the right place to use the word "underestimating". Dude things have been alot different now. well u can try now. Perhaps you may also forget the 2 migs that PA downed during Kargil conflict, that was after the very incident you've mentioned above, lessons are meant to be learnt from mistakes. I dont wanna mock myself or urself to start our own conflict here, but trust me i couldnt resist, just as you....

Back to topic, any updates on thunder's engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom