What's new

No aircraft engines to Pak, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Israel can say that those foreign Mig25 were hostile and shoot them down then why should Indians be allowed (even their Ghandi that was murdered by his own people flew over Islamabad). Great way to show respect... Stupid. What if we flew over Dilli and gave some sonic boooms... Then it would be terrorism...

You cant fly over dilli,thats the whole pt. You came close to our borders with your poor atlantique and you know what happened to them.

So that means that every aircraft in PAF inventory, that have an excess speed of more than Mach 1 can create sonic boom and can buzzer the ears.:confused:, then how do you hide this sonic boom thing everytime?

Then also Mig-25 which flew over Pakistan was below Mach 1 before he created the sonic boom that time, and why PAF could'nt able to intercept that jet. plus its not easy to attain the altitude on which he was flying at Mach 1 or less than mach 1.

Its all confusing to me:confused:

valid point.Can somebody answer him?

Altitude!!!, SAMS during those times in PAF inventory did not have anything for that height. Interception not possible, Mig-25 can attain the speed of 2.83

Originally Posted by melb4aust
So that means that every aircraft in PAF inventory, that have an excess speed of more than Mach 1 can create sonic boom and can buzzer the ears., then how do you hide this sonic boom thing everytime?

Then also Mig-25 which flew over Pakistan was below Mach 1 before he created the sonic boom that time, and why PAF could'nt able to intercept that jet. plus its not easy to attain the altitude on which he was flying at Mach 1 or less than mach 1.

Its all confusing to me
Because the MIG-25 was flying at 65,000 ft and PAF air defences did not have anything in their arsenal that could reach that high.
http://www.spyflight.co.uk/foxb.htm

You cant fly over dilli,thats the whole pt. You came close to our borders with your poor atlantique and you know what happened to them.:lol:

That is just evil man.

16 of our air men died in that crash, its nothing to joke about

He was looking for the Mig-27 pilot's (Flt Lt Nachiketa) parachute, and if he landed safetly.

Exactly! Nachiketa suffers engine failure. Goes down and calls his wingman. Wingman goes down to pinpoint location of the crash. Result: shot by low altitude SAM.

65,000 ft, is some height, to attain that height the aircraft has to have an airspeed of more than mach 1, this is what i am trying to ask......

No it doesnt have to, It just takes more time to reach that altitude.

That is just evil man.

I'm sure Bull didn't mean it that way. He probably typed it in the spur of the moment. Those men deserve respect for putting their lives on the line. :army:

I'm sure Bull didn't mean it that way. He probably typed it in the spur of the moment. Those men deserve respect for putting their lives on the line. :army:

I concur,

They deserve all the respect, they died for their country
:army:

That is just evil man.

That reply is specific to the post and im the last guy who would insult a soldier in uniform.

Since part of my research was in fluid dynamics , may be I can answer this question. I will try to say it in the simplest possible words without using any technical terms.

Air craft flies because the velocity of air stream on top of the wing is higher than the air velocity passing below the wing thus creating "Lift". Mach one
describes situation when the air spead on top of the wings equals speed of sound. Sound barrier is the name given to the air wave pressure built up at the Mach one, when aircraft speed exceeds Mach 1, it is like piercing a wall and the sonic boom is actually a collapse of the air wave pressure wall. Mach 2 is simply twice the speed of sound. Once you pass Mach one, there is no more sonic boom, wave pressure wall is behind the aircraft instead of at the front. At these speeds main problem is the heat generated by the air resistance; at Mach 4 plus heat would melt Aluminium and one would need aircraft made of Titanium alloys.

The Mach numbers represent air speed and not ground speed, at sea level both will be the same but at 30,000 feet, ground speed is significantly less.

Pilots/aeronautics engineers, please forgive me if I am only partially correct; my research was way back in 1967 and the memory gets foggy with time.

Thanks Niaz, good explaining! :thumbsup:

The Mig-21 (Sqn Ajay Ahuja) was hit by a Cortale SAM system and not by a MANPAD.

The Mi-17 and Canberra were hit by Stingers, destroying the Mi-17 and damaged the Canberra that made it back.

As for the Mig-27, it flamed out or was hit by a MANPAD, take your pick, the facts may be known to the chaps on ground.

Sword, Pakistan does not deploy Crotales in the Northern Areas and neither were they deployed in the Kargil theater (its a PAF unit and not a PA asset). All of the aircraft hit were with MANPADS (The AAD men were given citations /medals for the downing of both aircraft). The terrain in the Northern areas is also not optimal for a wheeled asset like the Crotale and no airforce units were deployed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom