What's new

No.335139

Torture and warfare goes hand in hand for ages. It's deplorable but alas also inevitable. We can only imagine the stress a soldier goes through during combat, when his life is at risk and also of his beloved comrades. When he losses one his rage and frustration are bound to be violent. At such moment one gets an enemy at his mercy it's very likely that he would vent it upon him. It's unfortunate but a soldier is also a human and subject to all the follies capable of mankind. We can deplore such incidents whenever it occurs, but it's not really possible to imagine the circumstances of such occurrence.

58344_156373027714194_4565154_n.jpg
Sepoy Maqbool Hussain....Sitara e Jurat....
Azad Kashmir Regiment.....1965 war

Sepoy Hussain, who was injured and taken prisoner by the Indian Army in the 1965 war, spent 40 years in Indian jails. He was released as a civilian prisoner in 2005. During his imprisonment, Hussain was subjected to terrible human rights abuses.

Hussain, bearing army No 335139, was hit by enemy fire on the Line of Control at the start of the 1965 war. Subsequently, he was taken prisoner by the Indian army, who denied him Prisoner of War status. Trained in the traditions of the Pakistan Army, Hussain faced all the suffering and refused to share any information about his country with his captors,they terribly tortured him— so much that they cut his tongue....when they cut out his tongue, he wrote ‘Pakistan Zindabad’ (long live Pakistan) with his own blood on the walls of the jail. Hussain also became mentally ill during his four decades of incarceration.
Hailing from Azad Kashmir, and engaged to Naseeran Bibi before joining army, Hussain’s aging mother kept waiting for his return after the war but he di"nt return. When she died, Hussain’s mother was buried at the entrance of the village at her request, so that she could ‘meet’ her son when he returned.
He returned 40 years later in 2005 from Indian imprisonment...without his tongue and mentally ill....
The Chief Of Army Staff Gen Kayani,in recognation to his services,extreme devotion to the country and valour awarded him Sitara e Jurat.

All soldiers and their bravery is deserving of everyone's admiration.. Despite the obvious salt and pepper augmentation to the real story, I request Indian members to not diss/ridicule the brave individual's contribution to his armed forces and not target him indivudually to counter the stupid posts that I expect in this thread..

All soldiers and their bravery is deserving of everyone's admiration.. Despite the obvious salt and pepper augmentation to the real story, I request Indian members to not diss/ridicule the brave individual's contribution to his armed forces and not target him indivudually to counter the stupid posts that I expect in this thread..

Do tell................

We need more talented people like himself.

Do tell................

I hope you do realize that the OP is the plot of the mini series made on this soldier's story.. hence the dramatization for the sake of screenplay is obvious.. You can watch my reference to salt and pepper here (directed at the miniseries and not the individual)

http://www.defence.pk/forums/general-images-multimedia/98288-ispr-drama-sipahi-maqbool-hussain.html

btw, Is there any external corrobaration of the stories of torture, cutting of tongue and writing of Paksitan Zindabad. Asking since the story claims that he returned in a state of extreme psychatric imbalance and suffers from multiple psychatric problems.

I hope you do realize that the OP is the plot of the mini series made on this soldier's story.. hence the dramatization for the sake of screenplay is obvious.. You can watch my reference to salt and pepper here (directed at the miniseries and not the individual)

Point Taken.

btw, Is there any external corrobaration of the stories of torture, cutting of tongue and writing of Paksitan Zindabad. Asking since the story claims that he returned in a state of extreme psychatric imbalance and suffers from multiple psychatric problems.

Forensics reveals multiple fractures, deformed finger nails, blunt trauma and of course the removal of the tongue by force, the writing of Pakistan Zindabad has not been corroborated but has been maintained by Sepoy Maqbool Hussain himself.

Forensics reveals multiple fractures, deformed finger nails, blunt trauma and of course the removal of the tongue by force, the writing of Pakistan Zindabad has not been corroborated but has been maintained by Sepoy Maqbool Hussain himself.

What are the chances that these injuries are a result of 40 years of hard labor prison.. After all the prisons in our subcontinent are not known for their amenability and kid glove treatment of the inmates..And the exact details provided by the gentleman may need to be seen in context of his mental health..

The reasoning behind absence of POW status though is pretty clear. He was captured during Op Gibralter which was before the formal declaration of hostilities.

What are the chances that these injuries are a result of 40 years of hard labor prison.. After all the prisons in our subcontinent are not known for their amenability and kid glove treatment of the inmates..And the exact details provided by the gentleman may need to be seen in context of his mental health..

The reasoning behind absence of POW status though is pretty clear. He was captured during Op Gibralter which was before the formal declaration of hostilities.

Hard labour shouldn't have caused half as much damage and shouldn't have ever resulted in a ripped out tongue. The damage is pretty much deliberate in nature and the methods used to bring about the damage are similar to those practised here in Pakistan, so they are pretty easily identified.

I salute this soldier, a hero and a true patriot.
And how exactly would hard labour lead to a missing tongue?
Unless of course he did a 'dumb and dumber' special [as in Hollywood film] and froze his ripped his tongue.

Back
Top Bottom